Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 14, 2024, 10:24:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monthly Ducati Ride  (Read 115341 times)
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #570 on: July 10, 2011, 08:44:08 PM »

I wasn't sure this one was actually going down, not that it mattered to the bikeless wonder here.  I told the new owner (Shawn) about the site and Desmotropic.  He's younger, but has a background in motocross.  If he shows up to a ride, I'm sure he'll add to the group.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #571 on: July 10, 2011, 11:53:15 PM »

That Kary guy can ride a bit, huh? The old guys are ruling.  Dolph

Yup, he can.  It was a fun run today, end with a big lunch.ZZZZzzzzzz...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #572 on: July 11, 2011, 09:38:26 PM »

Yup, he can.  It was a fun run today, end with a big lunch.ZZZZzzzzzz...

We can do without the Kapolei Parkway route next time though.  boo

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #573 on: July 12, 2011, 01:07:06 AM »

We can do without the Kapolei Parkway route next time though.  boo

Would have been more fun w/out the traffic lights....traffic and...while I'm in wishfull thinking...higher speed limits.  :-)  Eitherway, it was good to see if there was something out there. 

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #574 on: August 13, 2011, 08:40:36 PM »

It's official, tomorrow 1030 @ southsea ducati
freeflydive

« Reply #575 on: August 14, 2011, 02:34:32 AM »

It's official, tomorrow 1030 @ southsea ducati

WOOT WOOT

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #576 on: August 14, 2011, 08:56:13 PM »

WOOT WOOT

So was today's ride worth two WOOTs?... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
freeflydive

« Reply #577 on: August 14, 2011, 09:51:02 PM »

So was today's ride worth two WOOTs?... Grin

ehm....sorry, had something stuck in my throat   boo

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #578 on: August 14, 2011, 10:12:38 PM »

ehm....sorry, had something stuck in my throat   boo

so I didn't miss anything special...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
freeflydive

« Reply #579 on: August 14, 2011, 11:52:16 PM »

so I didn't miss anything special...

It was good to see Rick and Jinx and get back on my bike after a long break ... but the ride was otherwise bang head.  How was your autocross playtime?  
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:56:06 PM by freeflydive » Logged

hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #580 on: August 15, 2011, 12:39:32 AM »

how many showed up?

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #581 on: August 15, 2011, 08:42:41 AM »

There were 5 of us.  Watching Majdi reminds me of the 999. I was riding with Ranilo and Teddy one time and as we got on the right hand cloverleaf onramp townbound from Mililani Mauka those two just rode away from me. I could not make that damn 999 turn nor get a good feel from it once in the turn. I don't remember if that was before or after all the suspension adjustments. Going to the Gixxer from that bike was like night & day as far as handling was concerned. Those big twins are just not easy to ride compared to lots of other bikes.  bang head  Unreal that you spend that much money on a Duc and that you still have to work on it. Of course, if you spend another $4,000 to $5,000 (or more) suggested retail on parts, not counting labor, you can make them work better.  bang head
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 08:45:11 AM by MadDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

« Reply #582 on: August 15, 2011, 11:32:26 AM »

Those big twins are just not easy to ride compared to lots of other bikes.  bang head  Unreal that you spend that much money on a Duc and that you still have to work on it. Of course, if you spend another $4,000 to $5,000 (or more) suggested retail on parts, not counting labor, you can make them work better.  bang head

Funny, I've been reading Dan Kyle's forum posts all day and trying to figure out what's best for me (w/out getting carried away since an AMA pro card is not in my future).  I'd like to tweek my rear suspension to get closer to 30mm.  Its still too firm and gives me an occasional ass slap to remind me. 

On a totally different note, Teresa rocks...she paid for the EVR slipper...interested in coaching me on how to install the slipper?  
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:55:11 AM by freeflydive » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #583 on: August 15, 2011, 10:24:49 PM »

Funny, I've been reading Dan Kyle's forum posts all day and trying to figure out what's best for me (w/out getting carried away since an AMA pro card is not in my future).  I'd like to tweek my rear suspension to get closer to 30mm.  Its still too firm and gives me an occasional ass slap to remind me.  

On a totally different note, Teresa rocks...she paid for the EVR slipper...interested in coaching me on how to install the slipper?  

If the rear spring rate is too stiff, too high, for you then all of the static sag settings in the world will not help. It will continue to be a problem over bumps and when accelerating because you will always be fighting the spring. It always cracks me up to read about the 848 riders taking out the spring pre-load thinking that will help. The first time they start getting some dynamic spring action during a ride they will be right back at square one. The 1198 spring rate is lower but still better. Riding style and speed also have a huge effect here. More is going on in the suspension than I care to elaborate on here and now.........

I would have gone for a TTX long before a slipper but we are all different. Unless you are charging hard into a corner and are using up road so fast you don't have time to blip properly the slipper will be of very limited use. Not that it wouldn't be a good thing to have when you need it, it's just that I doubt any of us ride hard enough to make much use of one. I'll mull over the installation part.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 10:36:15 PM by MadDuck » Logged

freeflydive

« Reply #584 on: August 15, 2011, 11:06:55 PM »

I agree on the slipper, the only reason I got it (used) was because of the price compared to getting a pressure plate and open cover.  No worries about the install, I can drop it off to Will...just like to learn how the bike works.  I would like to pick your brain some more about suspension setups based on what you did with the 848...save it for another cup of joe.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: