Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 15, 2024, 08:16:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monthly Ducati Ride  (Read 115747 times)
DRKWNG
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2010, 06:56:33 AM »

13T is a good road, but those patches of moss are unpredictable and can catch you from time to time even if it hasn't rained in a few days.  I still think Norfolk is my favorite road on the island, with Tantalus following in a close second. 
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2010, 09:26:20 AM »

norfolk? not sure if i have been on that stretch yet, i really need to follow you guys out more often. as for tantalus ... well my lack of skill needs to vastly improve in order for me to enjoy that road a bit more... i was stuck behind a group of kids on mopeds  going up and was able to stay on their asses close enough, but going down the lil make the beast with two backsers lost me. hahahahaha.
perhaps the GFs 696 would be a better bike for me to practice tantalus on just till i learn the road better.

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2010, 02:16:59 PM »

The 848 is best bike I've ever ridden over Tantalus. Better than the 750 Gixxer I had. Much better than the Monster 900 & way better than the 999, which absolutely hated that road. As for everthing else I've ridden up there over the last 40 years all of the above bikes would have nailed them. BTW, the 848 is running stock gearing which I think is perfect. However if anyone had a 14T front 848 and wanted to let me try it I wouldn't mind at all.

So it just takes some practice and knowing the road.  [moto]

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2010, 02:57:03 PM »

The 848 is best bike I've ever ridden over Tantalus. Better than the 750 Gixxer I had. Much better than the Monster 900 & way better than the 999, which absolutely hated that road. As for everthing else I've ridden up there over the last 40 years all of the above bikes would have nailed them. BTW, the 848 is running stock gearing which I think is perfect. However if anyone had a 14T front 848 and wanted to let me try it I wouldn't mind at all.

so what was the first bike you took over Tantalus, and was it even paved then?... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
whackie

« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2010, 03:55:58 PM »

So it just takes some practice and knowing the road.  [moto]

guess it ran good w/ those new forks! super cool. i'm so jealous!

norfolk? not sure if i have been on that stretch yet, i really need to follow you guys out more often. as for tantalus ... well my lack of skill needs to vastly improve in order for me to enjoy that road a bit more... i was stuck behind a group of kids on mopeds  going up and was able to stay on their asses close enough, but going down the lil make the beast with two backsers lost me. hahahahaha.
perhaps the GFs 696 would be a better bike for me to practice tantalus on just till i learn the road better.

norfolk was were the word SLOW spray painted, in pink, on the road.  Grin i was behaving yesterday

what's the deal w/ the trees being butchered on the side of the road.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2010, 05:41:31 PM »

so what was the first bike you took over Tantalus, and was it even paved then?... Grin

That would have been a used 67 or 68 Yamaha YM2 305cc. The road was paved but had far fewer houses and the tree overgrowth was a lot less.  In one particularly intense run on a Honda CB350 I turned the front brake drum a light gold color that never returned to the anodized silver that it started life with. Every now and then we'd do coast races. Get up to the top, shut the engines off and race down using gravity.  Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2010, 05:45:49 PM »

guess it ran good w/ those new forks! super cool. i'm so jealous!

norfolk was were the word SLOW spray painted, in pink, on the road.  Grin i was behaving yesterday

what's the deal w/ the trees being butchered on the side of the road.

I thought it was great before the work was done. Just more so now and you are welcome to try it out anytime!!

I didn't notice any cut trees when I went through there today. If they were on the mountain side of the road that's state land. If it was down just up the the Waimanalo entrance then it could be the 4 wheeler off roaders at work.

« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2010, 11:46:06 AM »

Hey no beating up on "MY" M900!!!
the 14T change made all the difference for Tantalus run!!! [moto]

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2010, 06:37:57 AM »

Hey no beating up on "MY" M900!!!
the 14T change made all the difference for Tantalus run!!! [moto]

So bring that bad boy out some weekend morning.  Evil  We promise we'll go easy on you.  [moto]

« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2010, 11:49:17 AM »

yeah, I do need to get out & meet some of the other "DUC" riders that are here on Oahu!!
 Cool

DRKWNG
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2010, 04:07:13 PM »

yeah, I do need to get out & meet some of the other "DUC" riders that are here on Oahu!!
 Cool

Yep, and before some of us leave.  Wink

« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2010, 06:32:18 PM »

Yep, and before some of us leave.  Wink

Where are you going?
Do you guys ever do Sat. mornings?

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2010, 08:25:11 PM »

Some do and I could if I simply wouldn't go into the shop. Then again the stitches won't come out of my finger until next Monday so I'm out until the 13th. Of course the doc's office went nuts when I told them I would redo the dressing this Thurs or Fri. They'd really flip (pun intended, if you know what I mean  Grin) if I told them I would take the stitches out on my own. Horrors!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 08:26:44 PM by mac900 » Logged

DRKWNG
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2010, 11:51:11 PM »

Where are you going?

DC

What Rick said.  Plus, I am going to try to spend more time at the range on Sat mornings.

« Reply #119 on: March 03, 2010, 10:08:49 AM »

DC...thats cold !!

On the riding note:
anyone live East Oahu & can ride afternoons...Thur., Fri or Sat's?
I go do Tantalus usually by myself..sometimes pack a passenger  a (girlfriend)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: