Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 02:24:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New and a little lost...  (Read 13629 times)
♣ McKraut ♣

touched by his noodly appendage

« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2008, 04:11:34 AM »

Crap, couldn't make it.... My beer better still be there!!!

you have to fight the wasps for it....and finish weed-eating.  then it's all yours.

thanks for the brews, man...and good luck with the test-riding; you'll have a blast.   waytogo

2001 M600 Dark  2005 S2R Dark  2001 M750  1996 900 SS/SP  2005 S4R
-  Dallas, TX
Ideapimp

« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2008, 07:14:50 AM »

The winner to be determined by a variant of the applause-o-meter, where we rev our Ducati's and the "Exhaust-O-Meter" levels shall crown the winning troop!   laughingdp

Not even a contest. Since the Lollie Bombs strip down to pasties and g-strings and the kittens really only do cabaret.... Well, I think you guys would dig it.  waytogo
factorPlayer

« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2008, 09:08:01 PM »

Wow, looks like a good time was had by all   drink - at this point I'm going to step up and take some credit for snagging Ryan from TOB and reeling him in here

Something told me, lets get this guy over here  Grin

But of course my plan backfires 'cuz he was in THCM and I thought he was local - and now the DFWM crew has beers at his place while I sit here, beerless  Cry

nah, really, it gives me a warm IZ_  Grin

don't forget to drop by THCM once in a while man!
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2008, 10:54:13 AM »

Just back from AMS, where I got to meet IdeaPimp in person ( waytogo ), who's hair is really not as blue as promised, and who test rode a Black Sport 1000.

BarneyPhife just might have a little competition  laughingdp

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
Ideapimp

« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2008, 12:46:26 PM »

who's hair is really not as blue as promised

Just for you, I'll see if I have some more dye around here and be all purpled up for tomorrow's meet and greet at Lee Harvey's.
bryant8

2008 848 White

« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2008, 01:05:04 PM »

So how'd you like the S1000?

2008 848
Mods: Full Termignoni Race Exhaust/ECU Tuned by AMS, Ducati Performance Dry Clutch Slipper Clutch, Öhlins steering damper
Next: Öhlins TTX shock and Öhlins fork internals, track body work
26.2 done 12/5/2010
70.3 by 10/12/2011
140.6 by 12/31/2012
Ideapimp

« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2008, 01:26:43 PM »

So how'd you like the S1000?

Go over to the "plannin' my friday" thread. I've got it all there.
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2008, 01:54:44 PM »

+1.

This is the "new & & a little lost" thread...

Whip it good  waytogo

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
sdlrodeo

« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2008, 11:10:30 PM »

Ok, this is my first post on this forum, but a reply to the bikeless guy.
First off, an intro (I know, I should to a formal one on the left of this page and I still might.)
My name is Steve, 33, been on a duc for about 2 years. First was an 02 ST4s, second is an 03 ST4s.
I REALLY dig the STx bikes. I did 1200 miles in 2 days and the following weekend took off the luggage/racks and did a track day.
I bought an ST because my wife liked riding on a buddy's ST2 that he WAS going to sell me but backed out of at the last minute.
If you have to have one, bike, well.... There are many to choose from.

I'm actually looking to get a smaller cc/ lower power bike for "fun". I'm thinking an 848 (racey) or the M696, Hypermotard as far as sporty/fun goes and a GT1000 for just cruising.
I just started racing in Texas MiniGP a few months ago (working on a KX80 powered YSR). What I'm learning is small bikes teach you how to ride WELL. You need to ride them well to go fast.

Point is, smaller cc is not really a bad thing. When you are the top rider in the beginer class at a track day, then worry about "too much bike".
Hope that helps a little.
Steve

Wrist is to throttle as finger is to trigger.
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2008, 12:56:16 AM »

Ok, this is my first post on this forum, but a reply to the bikeless guy.
First off, an intro (I know, I should to a formal one on the left of this page and I still might.)
My name is Steve, 33, been on a duc for about 2 years. First was an 02 ST4s, second is an 03 ST4s.
I REALLY dig the STx bikes. I did 1200 miles in 2 days and the following weekend took off the luggage/racks and did a track day.
I bought an ST because my wife liked riding on a buddy's ST2 that he WAS going to sell me but backed out of at the last minute.
If you have to have one, bike, well.... There are many to choose from.

I'm actually looking to get a smaller cc/ lower power bike for "fun". I'm thinking an 848 (racey) or the M696, Hypermotard as far as sporty/fun goes and a GT1000 for just cruising.
I just started racing in Texas MiniGP a few months ago (working on a KX80 powered YSR). What I'm learning is small bikes teach you how to ride WELL. You need to ride them well to go fast.

Point is, smaller cc is not really a bad thing. When you are the top rider in the beginer class at a track day, then worry about "too much bike".
Hope that helps a little.
Steve

Good post, Steve, and Welcome waytogo
Are you in the Dallas area?

dallas2r

« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2008, 07:08:04 AM »

Ok, this is my first post on this forum...

Hey Steve, you should come on out to Lee Harveys this afternoon around 4:00. Looks like it'll be a good turnout.  waytogo

-Will

2007 Monster S2R1000
2016 Multistrada 1200S Touring/Urban

A motorcycle will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no motorcycle. -Unknown
b.b.

« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2008, 07:33:20 AM »

Steve I had a YSR80 with I lived in Japan and I loved riding that little bike. Rather than just picking a gear and going, like a larger bike, I had to work on proper gear selection, braking points and good lines to keep up with full sized bikes.

As for Ryan, CDC helped me out a couple of months ago when I was preparing to buy my first Ducati. Mainly old vs. new and what to expect with maintenance, etc. I already knew I wanted a sport bike while my back could still handle it, then move on to something else. 

BB
Ideapimp

« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2008, 10:39:21 AM »

CDC helped me out a couple of months ago when I was preparing to buy my first Ducati.

If only I knew what CDC was....
RichD

« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2008, 10:50:39 AM »

If only I knew what CDC was....
Cult of the DEAD Cow.

...I think.

A hacker group... hosted some info of the group that offed themselves during the "Hail Bop" commit situation...

Long live "SLAP MAXWELL!!!"

Getting hurt sucks.  There is nothing fun, or cool, or macho about it.  Getting hurt means pain,
wasted time, and wasted money.  This is enough to make some people run and hide from it as best
they can.  Tucked safely away, they risk nothing.  Tucked safely away they forget who they are.

The body is flesh; a big sack of tubes and fluids and tendons.  Smash it enough, cut enough tubes,  and the
big sack stops working.   This used to be a daily problem for man: Getting eaten by bears, freezing in the snow,
coughing up your lungs from bubonic plague.  But, thanks to guns, and saughterhouses, and cities, we don't
have to worry about that Sh*t anymore.  Survival has little to do with avoiding physical danger.  Think about it:
you don't have to get hurt.  You can sit at home and watch TV and order food and you will live a long and stupid
life.  Hello safe and easy living!

Nevertheless, some of us still go out and risk bodilly injury and death on a regular basis, for no
good reason at all.  Is skateboarding worth losing all the skin on your arms?  Is a motorcycle jump
 worth a broken back?  Of course not, but without taking the chance you might as well exist.  If
there is nothing at risk, what is there?   Don't fool yourself with "Virtual" fun.  Play enough video
games and golf and you will slowly lose any sense of meaning in your life.  Only by risking pain can
we embrace our physical reality.  Only by embracing our physical reality can we truly enjoy the
Land of Plenty.

I have had my share of crash landings.  Most of which could have been avoided if I had never left the
house.  Skateboarding, bikes, stunts, fights, car crashes, cuts, bruises, broken bones, surgery,
convulsions, unconsciousness.  Whee.  While I won't say I've enjoyed any of it, at least it has let me
know I'm alive.  I know what it means to function, I know what it means to break, and I know that
someday I will break so much that I will die. 
   I am comfortable with my tendency to fall apart, and thus my mortality.  I don't hide from
reality, I like it to smack me around a little bit and remind me that it's there.  We are ALL big
sacks of sh*t in the Land of Plenty.  Learn to like it.  Go out and do something risky.  If you emerge
unscathed, good for you.  If you fall and get hurt, at least you tried, and at least you know what you
really are.

-"SLAP MAXWELL" (circa 1996)

« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 11:28:04 AM by RichD » Logged

DFW-MFer!
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2008, 11:24:47 AM »

Oh, that RichD, he's a funny one...

cdc is one of our's- he lives near Ft. Worth & has 3 very nice Ducs waytogo

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: