Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 02:14:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bay Area Road Reports  (Read 74252 times)
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 05:02:04 PM »

OIL SPILL!!!

84 West from 280-35 about halfway up, major spillage, it continues up from there all the way to 35. I would avoid the road, or take it realllll easy-this one is fresh folks!

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 09:28:42 AM »

84 from 280 to skyline is LEO infested today. Also there is a rodeo going on in La Honda, so there are a lot of large pickups (rigs, if you will) with large horse trailers. These guys cut the double yellow often.

Plenty of ploice on the bottom of page mill as well, for you goat trail peeps.

Ride safe.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 11:26:41 AM »

Summer,
the genius Caltrans road work is expressed one pot hole at a time.
Some of them can swallow a small child.

This bump of crumbling goo is about 10" high  laughingdp

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 07:45:19 AM »

Upcoming roadwork/delays on Hwy 84:

They put up signs yesterday, there will be roadwork and possible delays through Sept 28 on highway 84 from 6 am to 6 pm. This affects a section of road between Alice's and West Old La Honda Rd.

I expect there will be one-way traffic control for some of that time.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Michael Moore
Testa di cazzo
WebGeeK

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 04:45:37 PM »

They put up signs yesterday, there will be roadwork and possible delays through Sept 28 on highway 84 from 6 am to 6 pm. This affects a section of road between Alice's and West Old La Honda Rd.

Oh lordy, this is like the Bay Bridge closing for squids. They'll all be in Marin and on Mines now.  Roll Eyes

La nuova moto e il vecchio motociclista :: 2000 Monster 900 (il vecchio) :: 2008 Vespa GTS (doppio) :: 2010 Streetfighter S ("il PastaBusa")

johnc

vīdī, vīcī, vēnī

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 05:02:25 PM »

Oh lordy, this is like the Bay Bridge closing for squids. They'll all be in Marin and on Mines now.  Roll Eyes

good riddance to the little calamari.

i for one, am pleased that they might be migrating north, to your 'burb.  Cool

somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 09:25:05 PM »

There are now also signs for roadwork/delays through Nov 1 on the east part of 84 (6 am - 6 pm), this affects the section between Alice's and the 15 mph hairpin a bit west of Portola. Roll Eyes

I haven't seen anything affecting traffic yet but I doubt that will last. Undecided

On a positive note today they put up "Cross Traffic Ahead" signs and re-painted lane markers at the Pescadero/Alpine junction. waytogo

victor441

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 03:46:17 PM »

101 between Santa Rosa and Windsor is undergoing major work and is VERY dangerous at the moment...in fact it made the front page of the local paper last week.  The worst hazard I encountered is pavement that is uneven by about 2 inches in the slow lane and the seams run diagonally to the right at a slight angle in many places so it is tricky to cross and impossible to avoid.  Old Redwood Hwy is a good alternative in the meantime but if you must take 101 the fast lane was much safer this weekend...but the situation changes daily of course.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 06:31:26 PM by victor441 » Logged
Michael Moore
Testa di cazzo
WebGeeK

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 08:32:17 AM »

101 between Santa Rosa and Windsor is undergoing major work and is VERY dangerous at the moment...in fact it made the front page of the local paper last week.  The worst hazard I encountered is pavement that is uneven by about 2 inches in the slow lane and the seams run diagonally to the right at a slight angle in many places so it is tricky to cross and impossible to avoid.  Old Redwood Hwy is a good alternative in the meantime but if you must take 101 the fast lane was much safer this weekend...but the situation changes daily of course.

Yikes! There were diagonal pavement height changes when I went through there a while back, but they were only a half inch or so. Hitting a 2 inch "edge trap" the wrong way can seriously dump you on your butt. Hope they get that fixed soon!

La nuova moto e il vecchio motociclista :: 2000 Monster 900 (il vecchio) :: 2008 Vespa GTS (doppio) :: 2010 Streetfighter S ("il PastaBusa")

somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 12:31:05 PM »

Probably will be cleared by the time anyone else here gets there, but there were two fallen trees on Alpine this morning, fully covering the westbound side and partially covering the eastbound side.  I had to ride over part of one of them. Shocked

Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2009, 07:52:41 PM »

Dang it woman, this is a thread for road reports. Alpine ain't no road, it's a damn goat trail they spilt asphalt on.

cyborg

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2009, 08:09:41 AM »

Hi All, did a ride from S.F. to Mendocino and back again yesterday, the "Edge Trap" is very real, (just before Airport Blvd. exit Southbound 101) and extremely dangerous, my front tire got caught in the very same spot, call it an act of Devine providence, or just dumb luck, when I got stuck in the trap, it violently bucked the front-end and wobbled radically, so much so that I thought for sure I was a goner... Well, I'm still here! I wish I would have read this thread before making my way. The lanes are loaded with potential "Gotcha's" Be careful all.....my two point three cents worth.

Side note.... 128 is under construction in spots.... be careful there, too!

"Yikes! There were diagonal pavement height changes when I went through there a while back, but they were only a half inch or so. Hitting a 2 inch "edge trap" the wrong way can seriously dump you on your butt. Hope they get that fixed soon!"

Thanks Mr. Incredible!
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2009, 09:32:34 AM »

There is also a bad edge trap on 101 northbound starting at Peninsula Ave (San Mateo), not sure how far north it goes.

It's in between the two left lanes, is all new pavement and would probably be difficult to see at night.

Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2009, 08:44:01 AM »

Pescadero Rd
North after the township has multiple construction zones that continue all the way to Alice's @ Skyline. They are cutting trenches across the road in several spots. Both directions move into single lanes in several spots.
Expect to stop

Later expect to find post construction 'speed bumps.'

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2009, 10:43:09 AM »

Pescadero Rd
North after the township has multiple construction zones that continue all the way to Alice's @ Skyline. They are cutting trenches across the road in several spots. Both directions move into single lanes in several spots.
Expect to stop

Later expect to find post construction 'speed bumps.'

You sure you don't mean 84?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: