Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 11:49:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bay Area Road Reports  (Read 74269 times)
Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2010, 03:43:41 AM »

Pescadero /Skyline

the first thing I saw was a BMW getting fished out of the weeds and a guy in his torn T-SHIRT  Shocked standing there looking stupid. 

Dry but dusty and still quite slippery.  A couple of moving water crossings to watch out for on both roads. I lost traction a couple of times on all the dust and dried moss on the roads. 

The construction on Pescadero is done but they left grooves in the road.  Angry 

I went for a ride for the first time in months after the European part of my 'round the world in 80 days' trip. Man was I rusty. I stopped by Mr I.  and Somegirl's place on the way through but they hid In the basement as usual.   

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room
Michael Moore
Testa di cazzo
WebGeeK

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2010, 05:13:35 AM »

Jeez, beemer guys riding in t-shirts? What is the world coming to...

La nuova moto e il vecchio motociclista :: 2000 Monster 900 (il vecchio) :: 2008 Vespa GTS (doppio) :: 2010 Streetfighter S ("il PastaBusa")

somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2010, 07:01:29 PM »

I went for a ride for the first time in months after the European part of my 'round the world in 80 days' trip. Man was I rusty. I stopped by Mr I.  and Somegirl's place on the way through but they hid In the basement as usual.   

Was that on Sunday?  We thought we saw you riding by as we were walking the dogs.  I had waved but no response.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2010, 07:51:06 AM »

You know on weekends I'm in the garage out back right? That driveway goes for like, a mile-ride around back  Wink

Roads seem to be all clear these days. Current issue is a lot of police presence around 35/84 and the squids.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
PhoenixS4R

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2010, 05:14:40 PM »

Lots-o-mud at the end of Redwood road, Oakland side.

PhoenixS4R

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2010, 05:45:27 PM »

Anyone see the flipped Honda today? (4-17-10).  Wondering if the guy lived, from what I saw on the tow truck it did not like good.

Also, -1 for the twenty million flares and the ashes left behind all over the road from the 8 CHP I saw.

Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2010, 05:50:06 PM »

Anyone see the flipped Honda today? (4-17-10).  Wondering if the guy lived, from what I saw on the tow truck it did not like good.

Also, -1 for the twenty million flares and the ashes left behind all over the road from the 8 CHP I saw.

You know....the bay area is big and all-location would help?

I see so many of those ashes Monday mornings sometimes I think it snowed.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
PhoenixS4R

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2010, 06:34:45 PM »

You know....the bay area is big and all-location would help?

I see so many of those ashes Monday mornings sometimes I think it snowed.

Whoops, mean redwood road, sorry.

TBH, if you would have seen this make the beast with two backsing honda, you would know what I was talking about.
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2010, 05:46:37 AM »

Tons of cops on 84 today.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
PhoenixS4R

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2010, 07:07:59 PM »

Someone ran into a rock face on a.....scooter....today.

Please tell me someone has more info on that?

Also, I think the accident count from the limited time I was on that cop infested road was 6.  Ride safe.
Spidey
Crashin' mofo

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2010, 12:11:05 PM »

They've repaved Hwy 1 in Marin in a coupla key spots.  Heading north, just past Bolinas, there were deep drop-offs on the right side of the road that were kinda hard to see.  Total ball-crushers.  They're now smooth.

Also, just north of Pt. Reyes, heading North, there used to be AWFUL pavement on the uphill right hander (about 1 mile up the road or so from Pt. Reyes).  If you didn't know it was there, it was easy to get caught out.  They've smoothed it over as well. 

Occasionally AFM #702  My stuff:  The M1000SS, a mashed r6, Vino 125, the Blonde, some rugrats, yuppie cage, child molester van, bourbon.
ntula

still non carbonated

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2010, 01:13:40 AM »

tunitas creek road, decending from skyline.. beware..

gravel in the worst place and decending from skyline, there are no warning signs if you go west.. only ascending from 1 near the junctions.

blind turns into large patches on the down.. does not get any worse.. it is almost like they were left there intentionally.

most of the road looks fine, just patches here are there make it appear solid... nope.. wheels sliding all over.. even straights.....

Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2010, 12:00:44 AM »

road report 12/27/2010

Hwy1 Marin pretty dang good actually, though places in the trees like Dogtown is full of leaves and pretty wet.
        On the way there though, Mill Valley is wet.

HWY 1 south peninsula quite good as well.

84 pretty wet and draining

35 piles of pine needles and draining roads. Slime and dirt. Many section you must ride in the car tire tracks to avoid large sections of gravel and foliage.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room
Michael Moore
Testa di cazzo
WebGeeK

« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2010, 08:41:47 AM »

On Panoramic hwy (Mt. Tam, Marin) there was a slide just past the Pantoll intersection, heading west. It has been cleared, but there was a huge mud patch yesterday. Hopefully the rin this week will wash it away. (and not cause any more slides!)

La nuova moto e il vecchio motociclista :: 2000 Monster 900 (il vecchio) :: 2008 Vespa GTS (doppio) :: 2010 Streetfighter S ("il PastaBusa")

Silver King

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2011, 02:36:46 PM »

On a positive note: Skaggs Springs Road is warm and dry, litter free, and the tourists have all gone home.  I was out there on Monday at lunch time and I could have had a sammich on the asphalt. Beautiful out there.  I'm sure the weekend will be another story altogether.  Oh well.   Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: