Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 07:11:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NY Motorcycle Parking Petition  (Read 2716 times)
rkreddy

« on: May 19, 2008, 12:23:47 PM »

http://www.petitiononline.com/nycptw/petition.html

Everyone please sign. 
Ducatiloo

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 12:40:22 PM »

2963 Sigs so far  waytogo

750 SS 01    800 S2R 05  Aprilia RST 1000 futura
rkreddy

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 12:49:27 PM »

Thanks for signing up fellas. Don't know if it will make a difference but its a try.
Ducatiloo

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 12:57:51 PM »

Don't the people signing it need to be from NY for it be noticed by the man?

750 SS 01    800 S2R 05  Aprilia RST 1000 futura
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 06:43:56 PM »

It isn't gonna happen folks

NYPD is as anti-biker as they come

Right now, they are in a fight with the AMA because USDOT ordered NYC to stop ticketing motorcycles who ride in the HOV lanes -- because it is federal law.  NYPD refuses to stop ticketing bikes, in violation of federal law.

Mayah Bloomboig hates bikes too -- they are unsafe.  He wants them all gone.

Just isn't gonna happen.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
heathenmonster

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 08:20:17 PM »

Lobotomized Miami Beach parking officials actually provided a handful of spots for bikes, but then charge the same meter rate as for cars.

Park a car?  $1.25 an hour.
Park a bike in a space one fifth the size of those for cars?  $1.25 an hour.
DY

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 08:41:44 PM »

Didnt know it was that bad out in NYC for bikers.  Here in So Cal, i occasionally get waved past the gate without paying, when leaving a parking garage. 
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 04:36:13 AM »

ducatizzzz , add noisy to unsafe.  Do you have any info on the AMA - NYC fight is going?

In Manhattan it is difficult to find a parking facility that will accept a bike and when you finally accomplish that task it usually costs as much as parking a car, which could be one day's pay for a low wage earner.  What little parking there was for motorcycles has been disappearing.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 04:54:06 AM »

ducatizzzz , add noisy to unsafe.  Do you have any info on the AMA - NYC fight is going?

In Manhattan it is difficult to find a parking facility that will accept a bike and when you finally accomplish that task it usually costs as much as parking a car, which could be one day's pay for a low wage earner.  What little parking there was for motorcycles has been disappearing.

it was in the AMA magazine, a few craps ago.  woman got a ticket for riding in HOV lane and fought it after calling AMA.  trial court looked at the fed law and said "that doesn't apply" and upheld it, appeals division "invalidated" the ticket, which means the lower court's decision stands, but the ticket disappears.

so the NYPD could still write tickets since no court has overturned the decision.

recent story in mag said same thing

here is a story about it

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-news/new-york-hov-lane.htm

Class AAA douchebags.  Nothing else need be said.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 05:33:02 AM »

Thanks for the update.  I was hoping for something good, like the Feds pulling highway funding for non compliance.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 05:42:52 AM »

Thanks for the update.  I was hoping for something good, like the Feds pulling highway funding for non compliance.

i was hoping someone would send Orkin and fumigate the entire NYPD and NYC government..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: