Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 07:48:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: At what point do you call it done?  (Read 3062 times)
Drjones

« on: May 19, 2008, 04:02:22 PM »

The ride to work this morning was a good one.  The ride home was a good one up until I hit some traffic and the bike stalled out four make the beast with two backsing times in less than one mile when coming to stops.  I really don't need this shit.

"Live like no one else now, so that you can live like no one else tomorrow."

"Wealth is more often the result of a lifestyle of hard work, perseverance, planning, and, most of all, self discipline.”

"Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness."
hiero

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 06:30:13 PM »

... four make the beast with two backsing times in less than one mile when coming to stops...

huh? i get the gist of what you're saying though, there's definitely something that needs to get sorted out... didn't you already take it to AMS too? 

maybe you should go find a nice older 900 or something...

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
Drjones

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 04:03:29 AM »

"make the beast with two backsing"  Silly language filter.

Yes I did take it to AMS back in December/January and have had no issues up until yesterday afternoon.  Their diagnosis was a leaky exhaust connection around the verticle pipe that appeared only at high temperatures and replaced the metal fiber donut.  It has been about 1500 miles since then and I haven't touched the exhaust system nor have had any stalling issues.  It has been running the best it ever has since I've owned it.

I rode into work this morning and had no issues and was intentionally rolling 100% off of the gas when I came to stops to see if it replicated.  Temperature barely crested 200F when I parked it.  Yesterday was the first day of 90+ temperatures, so it'll be interesting to see what happens this afternoon.  The oil temperature wasn't too high either at 258F max.

If the same crap happens then it'll go into the shop for the last time and I'll seriously consider selling it and pocketing the money.

"Wealth is more often the result of a lifestyle of hard work, perseverance, planning, and, most of all, self discipline.”

"Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness."
Pedro-bot

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 08:23:29 AM »

You just need some powerful MOJO to counter the spell that you and your bike are under. Here's a quick and easy recipe for some HOME MADE BRUJERIA (MOJO). You'll see you will leave all your bike worries behind after performing this quick and easy ritual.  waytogo

ITEMS YOU NEED:
One raw egg
Drinking glass
A phone

Instructions:
Take 1 uncooked EGG
Pass the egg in a sweeping motion around your entire bike
Crack the shell and pour the egg into a clear drinking glass
Chant in a low tone : "Me vale madre." 3 times
After chanting drink the egg
Watch for Salmonella poisining over the next 24 hours

You'll see that while your puking your guts out and rushing to the hospital the bike will be the least of your worries.  waytogo

1999 M750 AKA Little Blue Monster, 2002 S4, 2006 Sport 1000, 2008 Sport 1000, 2005 749s, 2018 R NineT Urban GS
El Matador
Do I need knee pucks for my

'06 S2R1K, '07 695 - Sold, '99 996 - Sold, '04 Hurricane Project

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 09:31:12 AM »

You just need some powerful MOJO to counter the spell that you and your bike are under. Here's a quick and easy recipe for some HOME MADE BRUJERIA (MOJO). You'll see you will leave all your bike worries behind after performing this quick and easy ritual.  waytogo

ITEMS YOU NEED:
One raw egg
Drinking glass
A phone

Instructions:
Take 1 uncooked EGG
Pass the egg in a sweeping motion around your entire bike
Crack the shell and pour the egg into a clear drinking glass
Chant in a low tone : "Me vale madre." 3 times
After chanting drink the egg
Watch for Salmonella poisining over the next 24 hours

You'll see that while your puking your guts out and rushing to the hospital the bike will be the least of your worries.  waytogo

Baaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

Drjones

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 02:21:35 PM »

Hey, I managed to get into the apartment complex before it stalled out!  Helped that I left early to avoid the traffic backup and hit green lights at the two turns.

AMS says:
TPS or Coils

Lunsford says:
reflash the ECU depending on model year and should have been sent a notice from DNA if my bike was affected.  Think the guy was a bit hard of hearing or there was too much background noise.

Joe you can keep your salmonella.

factorPlayer

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 03:36:17 PM »

"make the beast with two backsing"  Silly language filter.

man, that is stupid.  It took me awhile to figure out what the make the beast with two backs that was supposed to be - at first I thought it was some kind of stupid hack by someone who doesn't like the board or something....  Jesus....  I mean we are grown men here  Roll Eyes
vinucci

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 05:34:01 PM »

it wont hurt to check your throttle position sensor.... maybe the bike is mad at you after breaking one of her bolts off laughingdp

Drjones

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 05:30:47 PM »

New plugs. TB sync.  Idle set to 1300 instead of 1100.  Explanation was gas blend is causing problems for all of the newer Ducati's.  All appears fixed for now.

Now for the dichotomy of the pocket book and the heart.  Undecided

Pedro-bot

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 05:41:26 PM »

New plugs. TB sync.  Idle set to 1300 instead of 1100.  Explanation was gas blend is causing problems for all of the newer Ducati's.  All appears fixed for now.

Now for the dichotomy of the pocket book and the heart.  Undecided

You drank the egg didnt u?? Grin

1999 M750 AKA Little Blue Monster, 2002 S4, 2006 Sport 1000, 2008 Sport 1000, 2005 749s, 2018 R NineT Urban GS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: