Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 08:46:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Earplugs????  (Read 70778 times)
jrswanson1

« Reply #165 on: August 03, 2012, 06:16:57 AM »

Has anyone tried these?  http://www.earplugstore.com/surefire-earpro-sonic-defenders-ear-plugs-ep3.html  I think I'm ordering some next week, they kill the noise at higher decibels but you can still hear when the wind noise is down.
seevtsaab

05 M620

« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2012, 04:44:02 AM »

Has anyone tried these?  http://www.earplugstore.com/surefire-earpro-sonic-defenders-ear-plugs-ep3.html  I think I'm ordering some next week, they kill the noise at higher decibels but you can still hear when the wind noise is down.

I've got a pair, size Large still in package, unused, I'll send you for the cost of pack & ship (USPS).
It took a bit before I got used to any ear plugs, foam for me now.
theprocess

'09 M696

« Reply #167 on: August 08, 2012, 10:53:53 AM »

I use these dual density foam plugs everytime I ride. Block out wind noise but I can hear road noise and talking, but not very clearly over the termis  Grin

The ModFather
Duck Off

Monster Magnet

« Reply #168 on: August 09, 2012, 06:24:23 PM »

Do earplug style noise canceling headphones count. Not sure since I'm cranking tunes at 11  Evil. Probably doing more damage than my BoomTubes or wind noise.  Tongue

2005 S2R 800 Analog Motorcycles Custom Build
2007 Sport Classic 1000S
2008 848 Track Bike
2015 Diavel Dark - Sold
2005 Monster 620 Dark - Sold
FiveG

« Reply #169 on: August 13, 2012, 02:55:04 AM »

i bought an factory-sized box of disposables a few years ago, and use those every ride.  Each pair lasts a while, so I suspect I'll have to hang up my riding gear before I run out of the foam plugs.  And, works fine with the Sena unit that I installed in helmet.

"I hope you succeed, but no matter what happens, Godzilla will live."

"Steve Martin," Godzilla (1985)
ManaloEA

« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2012, 12:38:21 PM »

These work great if your helmet hisses, and they are cheap.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mack-s-Ultra-Soft-Foam-Earplugs-10-pair/21009163

2011 M696
BozcoRob

« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2012, 09:03:32 AM »

Used the Ear Peace plugs for the first time on the way to Moto GP at L.Seca

Worked great - still heard wind noise and exhaust sounds but just cut the db level
I will use these from now on, on any ride other than the quick trip to the office, etc.

Desmosedici - it's the new Paso (except the bodywork doesn't fit as well)
ctrider

« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2012, 12:15:46 PM »

I have been wearing the EP4 for several years and love them and HIGHLY recommend them.
When I started wearing earplugs riding became more Zen and more enjoyable.
sgollapalle

« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2012, 07:49:04 AM »

Used the Ear Peace plugs for the first time on the way to Moto GP at L.Seca

Worked great - still heard wind noise and exhaust sounds but just cut the db level
I will use these from now on, on any ride other than the quick trip to the office, etc.

Got the ear peace a few weeks ago.. used it on the last ride. Was great coz I could still hear some wind and exhaust sounds, so it actually felt like I was riding vs the foam (It was too quiet)

The only problem I had was, the center of these is a hard plastic, and that seems to be pressing against the ear canal. May be I need to get better at putting them on correctly.. Anyone else have this issue?

'11 M-696
BozcoRob

« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2012, 05:09:27 PM »

Got the ear peace a few weeks ago.. used it on the last ride. Was great coz I could still hear some wind and exhaust sounds, so it actually felt like I was riding vs the foam (It was too quiet)

The only problem I had was, the center of these is a hard plastic, and that seems to be pressing against the ear canal. May be I need to get better at putting them on correctly.. Anyone else have this issue?

It took a few times "installing" to get them to feel right - after that no issues.

Maybe you have shallow ears Grin

Desmosedici - it's the new Paso (except the bodywork doesn't fit as well)
AlexL95

« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2020, 06:00:57 PM »

This is an old thread but I really think it should be bumped. I use these made by Big Ear. They are pretty good.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: