Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 01:25:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Earplugs????  (Read 71440 times)
endeavor

'07 S2R 1000

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2009, 06:43:37 PM »

I wear ear plugs when ever I go on the freeway and the twisties. I found that having the plugs in helps me to relax and focus on the road. I usually don't wear them when riding around town because I'm too lazy.  Since I have been commuting on my bike I am really getting use to riding with them in. Now riding around town without them seems weird.

I have arrow slip ons.
Bun-bun

2002 M620 Dark ie

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2009, 09:17:39 AM »

I wear earbuds on any trip >5 miles. I also find that music helps me concentrate.

"My eyes watch the movie, my ears need a soundtrack."

"A fanatic is a man who does what he knows God would do, if only god had all the facts of the matter" S.M. Stirling
DoubleEagle

" If you are unafraid you will be safe "

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2009, 09:18:44 PM »

+1
I push mine in until I feel a seal. Kind of like all noise goes away.

When I'm riding I can tell immediately when the seal or maybe I should say the suction that holds the plugs in tight releases. Like all of a sudden the volume went from 5 to 11. on a scale of 1-10.

Painful. Especially on the S4Rs or the " R ." Both w, open Race exhausts and the S4Rs w, and open Air Box.

Dolph

'08 Ducati 1098 R    '09 BMW K 1300 GT   '10 BMW S 1000 RR

Shortest sentence...." I am "   Longest sentence ... " I Do "
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2009, 06:30:10 PM »

i put my stock exahust back on (cored) and i rode without earplugs, its all good if i keep the WOT hand at home. if i do WOT the open airbox is so sharp it makes my ear ping instantly but damn does it make me ride like an asshole.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Duc Fever

07 S2R1K 09 696(Wifes)

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2009, 12:00:49 PM »

WHAT?Huh?  laughingdp

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him" ~ John Morely
red baron

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2009, 05:41:18 PM »

I wear surefire plugs.

Thanks silentbob. waytogo

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
RUFKM
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2009, 06:46:47 PM »

Howard Leight earplugs model MTX-01-OR.  They have a small solid core in the foam so you just push them right in - no need to roll & stuff before they swell back up.  They are not as quiet as many plugs (29 db reduction) which I like because I still want to hear traffic.

10 or so in the jacket pocket.  They come out of the washer as clean as new when I leave them in my jeans.

It's never too late to save what you have!
ducleaner

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2009, 07:48:04 AM »

Why? I'm riding a 696 with the Termi kit and it's not loud. Are you pluggers removing the baffles or something? Are you riding open face helmets? Are you cruising at 8k?

I insisted on Ducati over the other options for the sound. I like hearing it.
yotogi

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2009, 02:18:51 PM »

Why? I'm riding a 696 with the Termi kit and it's not loud. Are you pluggers removing the baffles or something? Are you riding open face helmets? Are you cruising at 8k?

Wind noise on my X-11 is the reason I wear mine. Maybe you have a quiet helmet?

ducleaner

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2009, 08:48:27 PM »

Wind noise on my X-11 is the reason I wear mine. Maybe you have a quiet helmet?

I have the Corsair V. My only other helmet experience is a Bell M3 (car helmet). Both muffle the sound well below the danger level for me. The fact that I've driven top down every day since mid 2000 - I guess I'm used to a bit of background noise.

But there's so much pro plug talk here I'm starting to question myself.
yotogi

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2009, 08:22:57 AM »

You should give it a shot. I didn't think that I would like it at first, now it just doesn't seem right with them out. I too have ridden with top/windows down my whole life so it is a lot of noise in my lid.

Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2009, 08:41:39 PM »

I insisted on Ducati over the other options for the sound. I like hearing it.

I rode mine with a stock exhaust. The danger is wind noise. It *will* cause permanent damage (and has for me).

Like hearing your duc? Then you should get earplugs, or you won't be able to hear it in the future....

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
jborders5

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2009, 07:21:04 AM »

I ride with these:

http://sensaphonics.com/prod_erseries_customs.html

Expensive, but worth it.  No waiting for the foam to expand or loosing the seal when you put your helmet on.  I use the 15db filters around town and commuting and switch out to the 25db filters on long rides.
RUFKM
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2009, 10:35:40 AM »

Expensive, but worth it.  No waiting for the foam to expand or loosing the seal when you put your helmet on.  I use the 15db filters around town and commuting and switch out to the 25db filters on long rides.

How much $$$$$$$$?
jborders5

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2009, 02:14:28 PM »

How much $$$$$$$$?

Costs vary as you need to have an audiologist take impressions of your ear canal, but my set was $150 and included one pair of filters and the molds.  Westone also offers a similar product, but I think the molds are vinyl.  The Sensaphonics molds are made from silicone and are very soft and will not shrink over time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: