Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 03:08:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Balto lurker  (Read 2653 times)
KAZ

« on: May 20, 2008, 06:26:50 AM »

Hi all -

After a while lurking virtually, both here and the old board, and physically (so it was you guys taking up all the tables at Peter's Inn?!?) I finally joined the forum.  I hadn't joined in the past because I was only a Ducati admirer and not an owner.  Yet.  I'm changing that now.

I currently ride an orange 1972 CB750 Four.  I'm looking for something more ... umm ... reliable.  Shouldn't be hard.  A recent trip to Bologna has me set on a Ducati.  I'll be using it mostly for intra-city commuting with the occasional ride up to Havre de Grace or down to the DC area. 

Can any of you Baltimore area members give some advice about finding a reliable bike in the area? Any help would be appreciated.  I noticed that Pete's Cycle on BelAir Rd has had a 2007 for quite a while.  Is it the miles and price that scares everyone off or does everyone else know something I don't about that one?

I posted something on the Wanted forum, but thought I would cross posted here:
http://ducatimonsterworldwide.org/index.php?topic=2506.0

Thanks and I look forward to joining the club!  Feel free to PM me if you are looking to sell a bike or know someone who is.
Lance Goodthrust

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 07:56:22 AM »

Welcome! I found this on dc craigslist http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/687843571.html. There always seem to be more monsters on the dc list than Baltimore. Also, Speed's in Elkridge has some used bikes, just not sure what they have.

By the way, any relation to KAZ on chowhound?
KAZ

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 08:18:53 AM »

Thanks Lance for the link and the tip on the DC craig's list.  My usual web shopping includes Speed's website, Pete's Cycle website, the Balto craiglist and eBay.  It took me a while to find this site.

and, yes, a strong relation to KAZ on chowhound.  One in the same. 
ducpenguin

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 08:45:45 AM »

I know it is quite a jaunt...however, I posted a while back that Donnie (Ducpond) has some ridiculous deals on new - 2007 S2Rs and S4Rs.  Well worth the drive and or phone call.
Good Luck!

Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 12:41:12 PM »

Welcome to the bunch!  If you sign up on the alpha roster, you'll see who your fellow Balitmorons and other more northerly brethren are.  If you ever happen to be in the Arrrrrrlington area on any Wednesday, feel free to drop by our little gathering.  And, really, we don't discriminate against Honda types.  We just give them endless poop about it until they come screaming by on a PINK 600RR at VIR.

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
Lance Goodthrust

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 01:39:12 PM »

and, yes, a strong relation to KAZ on chowhound.  One in the same. 

Ah...small world. I'm a professional lurker on that site. Good luck with the search, we'll keep our eyes peeled.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 07:15:22 PM by Lance Goodthrust » Logged
KAZ

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 11:45:47 AM »

Ok, which of you bought that Monster at Pete's cycle yesterday?!?  Angry

That's one option gone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: