Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 01:26:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gauges take a second before sweeping?!?!  (Read 1463 times)
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« on: May 20, 2008, 08:46:16 AM »

Hello all, quick question I think I know the answer to but I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. I have a 078 695, it's been totalled I bought it and I've almost finished rebuilding it from the engine up. My question is in regards to the sweep feature on the instrument cluster. It sweeps like it's supposed to but I turn the key on and it takes 3-4 seconds before anything happens. Is this due to a low battery and it needs a moment before charging the system enough for it to sweep? The starter also isn't kicking over, however I'm less concerned about that because I've yet to try it with all the electrics wired and with all the safety features it could be caused by a pleothora of different things. The only reason I mention that, is because it could also be caused by a low battery. The battery doesn't seem overly dead though, all the lights work and are nice and bright, I'd expect less output from a battery that dead. Any clues, maybe a helpful hint of things I shoud look at? Oh all fuses look fine too.

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 07:06:52 PM »

A  weak battery could cause your dash problem and will caus your no crank problem.  Charge and load test.  Further diagnosis without knowing your battery is good can lead to expensive mistakes.
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 07:04:14 AM »

That's kinda what seemed logical to me too. I'm not experinced in Ducs though I have plenty of general mechanical experience. My gut check said to start there I just wanted to bounce it off someone else.  waytogo

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: