Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 12:30:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good BBQ in Dallas  (Read 2205 times)
andym

« on: July 06, 2009, 05:25:45 AM »

Hi,

Amy's parents are in town for a couple of days and we want to take them out for BBQ.  bacon bow down bacon

We want something good and fairly close to home, Lovers and Tollway. 

I have have seen Peggy Sue's, does anyone know about this place or can you recommend somewhere else?

Cheers
Andy

M696 Dark
caffeinejunkee

'07 M695--sold; red '96 900SS CR; '04 Busa--sold

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 06:06:46 AM »

BW's BBQ  bacon  waytogo

When I worked off Stemmons, we used to frequent that place at lunch--not far from AMS-D. It's on the corner of Irving Blvd. and Wycliff.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 02:45:19 PM by caffeinejunkee » Logged
muskrat

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 12:57:20 PM »

BAKER’S RIBS in Rowlett, Randy White's, Red White & Blue, Rudy's or McDonalds for the McRib sandwich

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
caffeinejunkee

'07 M695--sold; red '96 900SS CR; '04 Busa--sold

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 12:59:49 PM »

McDonalds for the McRib sandwich

vomit

Slag
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 01:17:35 PM »

BAKER’S RIBS in Rowlett, Randy White's, Red White & Blue, Rudy's or McDonalds for the McRib sandwich

vomit

Don't hate on the McRib.  That is sacrilege.

For muskrat...

Sacrilege: the act of depriving something of its sacred character

All hail the mighty McRib.  Mcrib>bacon.  Now THAT is a bold statement.

Give me another McRib!!

Might as well consider it health food...

fastwin
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 01:19:43 PM »

I second Baker's Ribs. Andy, there is one on Greenville Ave. just north of the Greenville/University Blvd. intersection on the east side of Greenville. Good stuff and close to you.

Haven't eaten at Peggy Sue's in about 20 years. Don't have any stand out impressions. But they must be doing something right in order to have stayed in business as long as they have.

Still, Baker's rocks. Used to eat at the Deep Ellum location all the time when I worked at the courthouse downtown and they would cater our court holiday lunches. Yum. waytogo
Cyclone
DAS BOOT!

CHAT & SCAT !

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 02:42:12 PM »

waytogo There is only one CORRECT answer for any long time Dallasite to give to this question and that is Sonny Bryan's BBQ - period ! There is one on west Lovers close to you AndyM ( open for dinner too & ok atmosphere ) - the best one is at Inwood N of Harry Hines but I would just get food to take away from that location because it's only open for lunch & some find sitting at the schooldesks in the heat to be off putting !

BW's BBQ (also only lunch) at Wycliff & Irving is also good !   chug

« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 02:44:21 PM by Cyclone » Logged

'96 BMW R11 Gs - '72 Honda CT 90
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Frank Zappa
fastwin
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 02:56:38 PM »

Good point. I have only eaten at the Sonny B's location on Inwood. I thought there was a state law saying that was the only one you could eat at? laughingdp God, how many years has that place been there? Awesome stuff but D is absolutely right about the take away. The 1930s school desks kinda suck and who wants to eat outside off the hood of your car when it's 100 degrees?

BW's is good too. That's Irving Blvd. by the way. While you're there ask BW about getting busted BIG TIME when he won a statewide biggest deer rack contest with a "modified" head and antler set that would have made any low life, cheating taxidermist really proud. Evil Just saying... Grin
muskrat

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 04:06:22 PM »

Arby's can be really good too  Wink

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Ronr

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 05:11:03 PM »

All hail the mighty McRib.  Mcrib>bacon.  Now THAT is a bold statement.

So many better ways to die...
Slag
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 05:20:11 PM »

So many better ways to die...

Your pickle would do it.

Wow.  That sounded really bad...
UnionJill

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 06:16:27 PM »

OK, it really isn't in Dallas, but they need to see the Hill Country while they are in the neighborhood... Wink

The ONLY place for BBQ is Salt Lick in Dripping Springs southwest of Austin.  Get the habanero sauce.    bow down

Worth the drive...   waytogo

'06 Triumph 675 Daytona

"Death steals everything except for our stories"
      Jim Harrison (In Search of Small Gods)
fastwin
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 06:24:03 PM »

Rode by the Salt Lick hundreds of times on scooter rides and bicycle training rides in the 70's. And I ate there a few hundred times too! applause What was the other great family style BBQ place outside of Austin to the northeast past Manor and Elgin? Can't remember but it was in a little town to the NE less than an hour away. Was it Couplands? Help me here people! cheeky Lisa?Huh?

EDIT: Isn't Camp Ben McCulloch right across the road from the Salt Lick? Been hanging out and swimming there during the Salt Lick BBQ festivals!! waytogo Good times and great food.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 06:57:19 PM by fastwin » Logged
muskrat

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 06:55:36 PM »

if you go to Dripping Springs go at 3 a.m.  Tree huggers haven't allowed roads to be built there since Fastwin left so the traffic SUCKS!

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
fastwin
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 07:20:01 PM »

I agree. The roads in the Hill Country were awesome in the 70s. I wouldn't be caught dead (no pun intended) on some of those roads now. I raced bicycles in the 70s and early 80s and Austin was a mecca for Olympic cycling at the time. Lots of John Howard and no Colorado Springs, CO training camp at the time. Anyway, I would train on killer Hill Country roads in the morning, go to work at my bicycle shop during the day and then get on my motorcycles and ride the same training routes at high speed on my scooters! Good times for sure. I had a '78 Yamaha SR500 (for motorpacing), a '78 850 Moto Guzzi LeMans (still have it) and a 1980 Honda CB750F with the factory sport kit... remember those?

Absolutely the best days of my life. I don't even recognize the place now. Hell, the great Lake Travis loop on 620 is now a multi lane highway. It used to be a great twisty 2 lane road where redneck pick up drivers would throw empty Lone Star longneck bottles at us on training rides. Ah.. the good old days. Now they have paved over the Hill Country and the current residents have no idea how cool it used to be. But the same droughts continue. I recently heard that Lake Travis was 28 feet below normal. Holy s#@t!!

Anyway... sorry for the threadjack. Now, back to DFW BBQ! bacon laughingdp
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:21:40 PM by fastwin » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: