Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 11:51:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dumb question: Anyone riding this weekend?? I have an itch...  (Read 3867 times)
2XLR8U

may the schwartz be with you!

« on: July 07, 2009, 07:46:20 PM »

I'm looking forward to a good ride if the weather holds, or if not, who cares...   

'07 Monster S2R 800
Dietrich

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 08:23:58 PM »

I've always got an itch...and the only thing that seems to keep it at bay is brake powder and tire dust. Smiley 

Pennyrobber and I were talking about maybe a quick morning jaunt on Sunday.  I'm thinking maybe Bartlet Lake and breakfast/coffee?  Or maybe a Tortilla Flat or South Mountain run?  We could always start WAY early, hit up TTF, then out to Usery Pass/Bush Hwy and then end up at Bartlett Lake.  Cool All low elevation though, aka: HOT.

2XLR8U

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 08:30:25 PM »

I guess I should've stated that I'm in Sierra Vista, Az.  I'm not familiar with the area, but willing to make the trip...  I'm from the DC / Baltimore Metro Area, here on business for a couple months...

'07 Monster S2R 800
Dietrich

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 09:02:35 PM »

Oh yeah, forgot.  Well, the ultimate meet-up run would be for us all to meet in Tucson and ride up Mt.Lemmon.  But that's an all day thing.  Not sure if I can commit to that right now.  Any interest from anybody? I can reconsider.

2XLR8U

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 09:45:14 PM »

Weekends are all mine, just give me an address to plug into the gps and I'm there!

'07 Monster S2R 800
Monster Dave

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 06:56:45 AM »

Weekends are all mine, just give me an address to plug into the gps and I'm there!

You should try and make it to the Desmo Southwest meeting tonight if you're free. It's at:

Time: 6:30pm to 8:30pm

4500 E. Speedway Blvd #79 (east end of Midway Business Park)
Tucson, AZ 85712

You'll probably meet some fellow Duc riders who would like to join you for a weekend ride that are near you already.
rule62

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 07:46:41 AM »

If we start out uber-early at South Mountain, you can stop by and install that shift linkage I have for you.  I'm not sure, like Dietrich said, that I can commit to an entire day of riding.  I've got to get ready for a business trip.  I'm leaving on Sunday for a week in the Baltimore, DC area (small world).  We could do an early run and then a "tech day" at the Mad Scientist's.
Dietrich

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 08:33:29 AM »

That could work Ryan, but I'm not sure South Mountain and my hot garage would be worth the trip from south of Tucson!  Forcast for Sat is 115 F.  108 by 11am. 

pennyrobber

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 08:50:55 AM »

Forcast for Sat is 115 F.  108 by 11am. 

Those are some lip-smackingly good temperatures for riding.  [moto]

Men face reality and women don't. That's why men need to drink. -George Christopher
2XLR8U

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 09:37:02 AM »

I'm pretty hearty, just need a place and time to meet.  I should be able to make it tonight.  If I'm there, you'll know it.  See ya!

'07 Monster S2R 800
Monster Dave

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 11:36:14 AM »

I'm pretty hearty, just need a place and time to meet.  I should be able to make it tonight.  If I'm there, you'll know it.  See ya!

If you make it tonight, look for a guy named Michael, he's the local group president, and a good guy to know for riding locally.

Would you let him know that I suggested that you hookup with the group?

Thanks,

Dave.
2XLR8U

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 02:06:19 PM »

Yeah, I didn't make it to the meeting, work went a little late.  So when/where is the meet-to ride tomorrow?  I'll prolly be bringing a colleague of mine with.  If I can get an address, I'll just punch it in the GPS and meet you there. 

Billy

'07 Monster S2R 800
rule62

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 09:10:24 PM »

It's gonna be deathly hot in Phoenix tomorrow.  D and I will be wrenching on bikes early in the morning.  Maybe a shake-down run afterwards but nothing really planned.  If you were thinking of coming up to Phoenix, we'd love to ride with you, but it might be best to wait a week for some more un-hellish temps.  I'm not famliar with what the Tucson riders may be up to. 
2XLR8U

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 08:36:01 PM »

I rode up Mt. Lemmon....WOW....that's about all one can say....that and, "I need a new tire" haha.. I shredded mine going up and down the mt all afternoon.   But, I have a new set of shoes on my baby.  I got the Michelin power pilot CT-U's.  They are pretty awesome, can't wait to try them out on the Mt. 

Anyway, I need to replace my shift linkage, it finally broke as I was pulling into my place yesterday.  going to try to meet up with someone who offered me one of theirs a week or so ago.  Hopefully Saturday afternoon!

Billy

'07 Monster S2R 800
Monster Dave

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 08:35:40 AM »

I rode up Mt. Lemmon....WOW....that's about all one can say....that and, "I need a new tire" haha.. I shredded mine going up and down the mt all afternoon.   But, I have a new set of shoes on my baby.  I got the Michelin power pilot CT-U's.  They are pretty awesome, can't wait to try them out on the Mt. 

Anyway, I need to replace my shift linkage, it finally broke as I was pulling into my place yesterday.  going to try to meet up with someone who offered me one of theirs a week or so ago.  Hopefully Saturday afternoon!

Billy

Just be cautious as the police on Mt. Lemmon are usually out pretty strongly this time of year. It's a great ride, glad that you enjoyed it!

waytogo
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: