Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 15, 2024, 02:13:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I stopped in to get a few parts and fell in love.  (Read 2766 times)
redxblack

« on: July 14, 2009, 01:41:21 PM »

Crooked River already has theirs uncrated, in the window and w/ a $14,995 price tag on the bars. It's a thing of beauty.
scduc

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 02:10:36 PM »

I agree, that bike looks sweeeet. But I think the 848 in general is tits. I would not pay that amount for the paint job. I would take the money and pay someone to do a one-off.

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
weemonster
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 02:42:33 PM »

well it will pro;;y hold its value well.
Bostrom reps still demand a premium.
redxblack

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 03:03:34 PM »

Yeah, that kind of money is like a mailorder bride budget. It's still a stunner.
lawbreaker

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 06:38:10 PM »

Ohlins Forks should have come standard on that bike......

Just my .02
DarkStaR

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 06:55:02 PM »

Why does he get a bike made for him already? Huh?

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 07:01:43 PM »

Why does he get a bike made for him already? Huh?

American rider, former champion, US market, etc.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
DarkStaR

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 07:21:15 PM »

American rider, former champion, US market, etc.

has not been on the podium with Ducati, and been with the team less than a year.........  Huh?

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 07:36:39 PM »

has not been on the podium with Ducati, and been with the team less than a year.........  Huh?

Really  Undecided

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
DarkStaR

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 07:39:19 PM »

Really  Undecided

I'm all for the "U", "S", of "A", but yeah...."REALLY".  Undecided
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 07:42:41 PM by DarkStaR » Logged

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 07:44:18 PM »

I'm all for the "U", "S", of "A", but yeah...."REALLY".  Undecided

I guess you'll have to ask DNA.

redxblack

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 07:46:07 PM »

It was a bit of a coup for him to go to Ducati. He hasn't proven himself on the Italian bike, but he was pretty solid on his Honda.

Personally, I dig the Evel Knievil vibe about the custom graphics. That said, there's no way to mistake this for a real GP bike. It lacks that "gigantic carbon fiber thing that keeps the rear wheel in line".
sert duc

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 07:48:11 PM »

Is that a black swingarm?

You may run the risks, my friend, but I do the cutting. We cut down my percentage---uh, cigar?---liable to interfere with my aim.

The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body.
DrDesmo

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 07:50:48 PM »

He's got a bike the same reason that he's in the "It's your time" Monster 696 ads and everything else - marketing and sales.  He's an American rider ( a very well known one in this country, at that ) and Ducati would be foolish not to capitalize on his appeal.  Didn't he even win a dating show a few years ago?  laughingdp

Not saying it's a good or a bad thing, just the way it is.  It's quite the looker, need to see one in person  waytogo

Cheers,
Adam

'95 916
'12 800XC
al@sktc

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 07:52:32 PM »

i am going to crooked river tomorrow.........i will try not to look at it!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: