Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 09, 2024, 02:17:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disc Lock FAIL  (Read 3635 times)
LSD4me

« on: July 24, 2009, 08:08:10 AM »

bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head

Forgot the disc lock was there....Im such a DA!. Perfect excuse for a CF now.. waytogo

Image = http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/PE3YqEC26W0rIm5QcyV9Ww?feat=directlink

2009 M696
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 08:23:26 AM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Fresh Pants

Moof

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 09:06:26 AM »

bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head

Forgot the disc lock was there....Im such a DA!. Perfect excuse for a CF now.. waytogo

Image = http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/PE3YqEC26W0rIm5QcyV9Ww?feat=directlink

I did something similar. My fender hasn't cracked through, but the best part was I did it in my own garage moving the bike around.

DOH!

Bwooooooahhh
Braaaaaaaappp
LSD4me

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 09:07:51 AM »

its a good thing i didnt just get on and take off...this was done by rolling the bike (engine off) to a different location...or at least attempting to...

2009 M696
LSD4me

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 09:31:10 AM »

Just ordered the Duacti Performance CF Front Fender - Part # 96948800B  for ($298 Total including shipping and CA Sales Tax)...I think i got a good deal.

2009 M696
Fresh Pants

Moof

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 10:05:53 AM »

its a good thing i didnt just get on and take off...this was done by rolling the bike (engine off) to a different location...or at least attempting to...

Ummm... I did that once too.
Stalled and almost fell over.
Lesson learned.

No damage, I think.

Bwooooooahhh
Braaaaaaaappp
hihhs

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 10:40:18 AM »

This is the only reason I don't have one of those. I KNOW I would try to drive off with it still attached.

Monster 1100
arai_speed
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 10:45:25 AM »

Did that years ago on a bran new R1.  I haven't used a disc lock since.
4DoorSi

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 12:30:17 PM »

I can never remember to pick up my kick stand plate, much less take off a disc lock, which is why I don't own one.
dlearl476

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 01:25:09 PM »

Yeah, I'm that dumb.  Consequently, in the rare occasions when I use a disc lock, I attach it to one of these with a blank key on one end placed in my ignition.  I can't start the bike without at least thinking of the lock.

CairnsDuc
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 02:11:19 PM »

Tried to ride off once with the disc lock on the Disc, thankfully nothing damaged and didn't drop the bike, so now I have a new system.

If I park the bike so I have to back out, I put the Lock on the disc close to the Fender arm, so worst case the bike will only move an inch before the lock hit's the Fender arm, conversely if I have ride forward to get out of the parking space I place the disc lock a few MM under the Brake caliper, again I will only move the bike an inch and it will stop.

Worst case you will still have your feet down and can hold the bike up.

mind you I have never had a problem checking for my lock being on ever again, I check every time before moving off.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 02:29:42 PM »

Did that years ago on a bran new R1.  I haven't used a disc lock since.
Years ago I rode off with my forks locked.

Last time I tried that. Wink

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 02:52:44 PM »

what do you mean forks locked?

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
teddy037.2
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 03:56:01 PM »

how'd you start the bike if they were locked?
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 04:23:26 PM »

how'd you start the bike if they were locked?

Some bikes used to have the fork lock in a different spot than the ignition.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 07:10:45 PM by kopfjager » Logged

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: