Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 01:33:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plannin' my Friday  (Read 9912 times)
Ideapimp

« on: May 21, 2008, 10:32:10 AM »

Well, it's time to start shopping around for gear and test driving a bike or two. Since I'll be off Friday for a long memorial day weekend I'm thinking of heading up to Moto Liberty to try on helmets and jackets and probably over to AMS for a spin.

No decision yet on exact times but if anyone's off and wants to do a little shopping alongside the newbie, you're welcome to come with.

Jester

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 11:35:20 AM »

You might consider also stopping in at Cycle Gear up in Plano.  They have a selection of helmets ( brands ) that Moto Liberty doesn't carry, but for the rest of your gear, Moto Liberty is a better shop.

09’ 848     07’ S2R800
BarneePhife

Nip it! In the bud!

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 11:37:50 AM »

You might consider also stopping in at Cycle Gear up in Plano.  They have a selection of helmets ( brands ) that Moto Liberty doesn't carry, but for the rest of your gear, Moto Liberty is a better shop.

+1 on Cycle Gear for helmet shopping.

• 2006 Ducati SportClassic 1000
  • 1978 Yamaha GT 80

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 12:16:32 PM »

I'm kind of off on Friday, but I'll be at my Studio 2 blocks from AMS, & they always like it when I pop in, so holler at me!

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
Ideapimp

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 05:22:54 PM »

Stopped by to look at jackets/helmets at AMS today on the way home from work and ended up talking with Scott for a bit. Looks like I'm going to aim to be out there around 11 on Friday for a spin on 2 or 3 bikes.

Anyone wanting to come make fun of the newbie may do so.
never2loud
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 05:25:25 PM »

Stopped by to look at jackets/helmets at AMS today on the way home from work and ended up talking with Scott for a bit. Looks like I'm going to aim to be out there around 11 on Friday for a spin on 2 or 3 bikes.

hehehehe   Evil
♣ McKraut ♣

touched by his noodly appendage

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 06:51:08 PM »

maybe you can take my place....i think that's what people do when i'm around...   Undecided

no but really.

2001 M600 Dark  2005 S2R Dark  2001 M750  1996 900 SS/SP  2005 S4R
-  Dallas, TX
Asia1098

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 07:32:17 PM »

I was just at Motoliberty this afternoon. They are remerchandising the whole store. It looks very different and crowded. I think they have the best selection of jackets and apparel around. The new Rev'it jackets look great!  waytogo

As for helmets, Cycle Gear is great, but they have better deals on their tires.  Grin

WilzGarage in Plano (Southwest side of 75 and Parker where the old Plano Honda used to be) is very good too. Chad, the owner is really cool and is always willing to cut a great deal. He does most of his business online. Let's just say that Audry at Motoliberty has been trying to put him out of business because she knows he is a huge threat to her business. He really cuts some great deals on top knotch gear.

http://www.wilzgarage.com/

If you pass by Wils Garage and tell Chad that Barry sent you. He'll hook you up. He carries Arai, Shoe, KBC, Shark, HJC.....Hmmmm...I think he has more.

Good luck on your bike and gear shopping. It's like Christmas all over again in Summer.  [moto]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 07:34:08 PM by Asia1098 » Logged

Barry
I liked my Hondas, but I loooooved my DUC!!!
2004 Honda 599 Hornet in Ashalt....again.
2007 Ducati 1098 Smiley---SOLD!!!
2006 Honda VFR 800i---SOLD!!!
2006 Honda CBR 600rr---SOLD!!!
2004 Honda 599 Hornet yellow---SOLD!!!
Failure is success if we learn from it.
fastwin
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 07:38:19 PM »

Ryan,

Don't want to shoot the local shops in the foot but I would suggest that you try on whatever helmets you want, find the style, size and manufacturer
and once you have made your choice order it over the internet from an accessory warehouse. I am a huge Arai helmet fan, have several of them, they banned internet sales a while back but have changed their sales strategy back to internet sales, maybe due to market sales pressure. I could forward you a few sites that have really good internet sales prices on top of the line helmets. You could save a whole lot of money on helmets, gloves, jackets, etc... AMS is not the place to buy a helmet, no matter how many Ducati stickers are on it! Just my usual worthless two cents.

fastwin
Asia1098

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 07:49:53 PM »

Ryan,

Don't want to shoot the local shops in the foot but I would suggest that you try on whatever helmets you want, find the style, size and manufacturer
and once you have made your choice order it over the internet from an accessory warehouse. I am a huge Arai helmet fan, have several of them, they banned internet sales a while back but have changed their sales strategy back to internet sales, maybe due to market sales pressure. I could forward you a few sites that have really good internet sales prices on top of the line helmets. You could save a whole lot of money on helmets, gloves, jackets, etc... AMS is not the place to buy a helmet, no matter how many Ducati stickers are on it! Just my usual worthless two cents.

fastwin

Hey Fastwin.... Wilzgarge is one of the top Arai dealers around and on the internet. That is why Motoliberty wants him cut off. Arai is very strict about internet pricing, so he has to put what they say. But if you go to talk to him personally, he'll be able to deal with you. Just a little insight. Smiley He was the guy that was "hiding" my bikes while my in-laws were here. Believe me, this guy has great deals.......and that is comming from someone from the Philippines. We are really frugal with spending. Ask Cdc. Grin

Barry
I liked my Hondas, but I loooooved my DUC!!!
2004 Honda 599 Hornet in Ashalt....again.
2007 Ducati 1098 Smiley---SOLD!!!
2006 Honda VFR 800i---SOLD!!!
2006 Honda CBR 600rr---SOLD!!!
2004 Honda 599 Hornet yellow---SOLD!!!
Failure is success if we learn from it.
James.M

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 05:25:09 AM »

+1 on Cycle Gear for helmet shopping.
+1, got my Shoei X-Eleven there...

oh and I got 2morrow off as well!
jweave

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 05:34:33 AM »

Ryan,

fastwin

I like the last three words.   waytogo

Duc L'Smart

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 05:35:54 AM »

and once you have made your choice order it over the internet from an accessory warehouse.

I hear what Brian's saying, but I'm on the other side of the fence on this one. There are SO many advantages of buying locally...
Like Cheers, it's nice to go to a store where they know you're name. You can try stuff on, look at your options in person, & if there's a problem talk to an actual human being!
Plus, if you're into instant gratification like I am (and, really, who's not?!?), you can drive a few miles & buy something NOW! These online places aren't having crawfish boils for their customers, organizing rides, or doing ANYTHING to support our local economy.
Please, think globally, buy locally waytogo
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 05:46:30 AM by Duc L'Smart » Logged

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
fastwin
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 05:39:57 AM »

Hey Fastwin.... Wilzgarge is one of the top Arai dealers around and on the internet. That is why Motoliberty wants him cut off. Arai is very strict about internet pricing, so he has to put what they say. But if you go to talk to him personally, he'll be able to deal with you. Just a little insight. Smiley He was the guy that was "hiding" my bikes while my in-laws were here. Believe me, this guy has great deals.......and that is comming from someone from the Philippines. We are really frugal with spending. Ask Cdc. Grin
waytogo I have heard good things about him, I'll have to check it out. And yes, jweave, I am filled with worthless things... I do not limit my worthlessness to just ideas, opinions and money. Tongue
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 02:11:27 PM by fastwin » Logged
James.M

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 05:49:53 AM »

jweave, I am filled with worthless things... I do not limit my worhlessness to just ideas, opinions and money. Tongue
or short stories, novels or essay's...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: