Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 06:55:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moto Wheels Slave cylinder  (Read 2493 times)
lowd239

« on: May 21, 2008, 11:19:31 AM »

I just put a new moto wheels slave cylinder on my 01 m900sie and ive ran into a problem.  When I was tightening down the slave cylinder, the last quarter inch or so, I noticed the bolts getting harder to tighten almost as if I was disengaging the clutch on the other side.  This was before the slave cylinder was even bled.  After I bled the entire system, sure enough the clutch was disengaged even when I wasnt touching the lever.

I checked for bidding on both the pressure plate side as well as the push rod not set fully into the slave cylinder but everything checks out.  Could it be that the moto wheels slave cylinder has a shorter range of motion?  I was thinking i could either slip some washers behind the three slave cylinder bolts or shorten the push rod but Id rather not do either of these.

Any suggestions?  Im quite lost and tempted to just put the old slave cylinder on.    thanks
mmakay

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 11:41:58 AM »

It should have come with a spacer.  Not all bikes need the spacer.  Could that be your problem?

- Mickey
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 11:49:16 AM »

Also, was the piston bottomed out in the bore? 

But I'm better that the spacer might be the issue. Give them a call, they are quite good on the customer service front

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 12:30:46 PM »

"The Motowheels slave cylinder comes pre-assembled with spare parts to fit the short rod of pre 2001 bikes and the long rod of 2001+ bikes."
http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=442%7CDucati&productID=2845&showDetail=1&categoryID=502|Clutch%20Slave%20Cylinders&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts
lowd239

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 01:55:02 PM »

yes it does seem like the cylinder is bottomed out in the bore.

"The Motowheels slave cylinder comes pre-assembled with spare parts to fit the short rod of pre 2001 bikes and the long rod of 2001+ bikes."
http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=442%7CDucati&productID=2845&showDetail=1&categoryID=502|Clutch%20Slave%20Cylinders&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

Spacer?  I dont believe there were any spare parts other than a little plug for the bleeder screw.  Am i missing something?
mmakay

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 03:05:30 PM »

If you didn't see the spacer in box, perhaps it was already in the bore of the slave when you assembled it.  If it was, it would push the clutch rod too far and create the symptom you are describing.  I would consider pulling the unit and checking that the spacer isn't in there.  No need to pull the hydrolic line, so it should take more than 10 minutes.

- Mickey
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: