Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 08:11:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Local Shop List and Poll  (Read 113290 times)
Meerkat
When I'm not playing Silver Power Ranger, I'm a

« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2012, 03:32:09 PM »

Come on down.  You're welcome to do it in my garage. 
Uhhhh...do you have a hose yet? Grin

'07 S2R1K
'09 Daytona 675
'03 620 Dark-Sold 03/26/2011
DRKWNG

« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2012, 06:16:17 PM »

Uhhhh...do you have a hose yet? Grin

For you?  No.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
1000Miglia

« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2012, 08:21:44 AM »

Come on down.  You're welcome to do it in my garage. 

I might never have the time (or courage) to do it myself, but I'd love to watch someone do it...
TitanMonsterS4R

Yup, it's supposed to sound like that....

« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2012, 12:58:46 PM »

anyone headed out to Duc Pond this weekend?  Need to grab the S4 chug  Service is finally complete. Will pony up for gas and a 6 pack if that's an incentive to head out there  drink

06 Monster S4R - Red/Black Final Edition
mraff

future duc rider

« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2013, 01:56:15 PM »

Since i've taken Speed's to task before.... This week I had a completely different experience. Speed's is running a service special for February $40/hr labor rate. They picked up my S4R for full 12k service from home late afternoon on the 6th, I got it back today, total damage $689. Bike runs great, most positive experience at Speed's in over 6 years.
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2013, 03:58:06 PM »

Ducpond is changing their name to Ducati of Winchester FWIW.....

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Curmudgeon

« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2013, 10:04:47 PM »

Ducpond is changing their name to Ducati of Winchester FWIW.....
Hmmm... If true, sounds like more "corporate image" BS. Shouldn't hurt Donnie much..., but...

Any more particulars?

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
xsephirot

« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2013, 10:58:27 AM »

Anyone have a tire change shop recommendation? Just got quoted by battley cycles for pilot power 3's installed and out the door for guess what... $550! hahahha yeahhh right. Tires are going for 265 off STG so they are saying it costs them 285 in labor?! I won't be taking my business back to them ever again.
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2013, 11:13:43 AM »

Seriously? Holy crap.

Crossroads does 'em (off bike) for $35 a wheel. Not sure about on the bike prices.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
dlowenst

« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2013, 11:24:26 AM »

I've been using Myers Cycle in Kensington since 1987, for all sorts of work including tire changes.  It's just a two-man shop, so they can't generally do work while you wait, but their prices always seem fair and reasonable to me.  I only wish they worked on Duc's.

Dave

Dave in DC: 67 Jaguar E-Type OTS S1/71 Ford F-100 Styleside/79 Triumph T140E Bonneville/15 BMW R1200GS/13 KTM 300 XC-W/04 Yamaha TT-R250/04 & 05 Honda CRF 250X/Keeping parts guys in business nationwide
xsephirot

« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2013, 11:35:16 AM »

Seriously? Holy crap.

Crossroads does 'em (off bike) for $35 a wheel. Not sure about on the bike prices.

Thanks I'll give them a ring.

I've been using Myers Cycle in Kensington since 1987, for all sorts of work including tire changes.  It's just a two-man shop, so they can't generally do work while you wait, but their prices always seem fair and reasonable to me.  I only wish they worked on Duc's.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I'll check them out also!
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2013, 12:39:04 PM »

Dave

I went and talked to them once about some basic stuff that I was being lazy about not doing and I was kinda shocked that they were as open about how not interested in the work they were that I was willing to pay them to do...but they seemed like nice guys for sure...

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
dlowenst

« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2013, 12:57:03 PM »

Yeah, this is the double-edge sword of running a small shop (and wanting to keep it small).  Steve (the owner, and the guy who does all the service work) is a very nice but really no-nonsense kind of guy.  I think he just wants to keep himself busy with jobs, and is willing to risk the long-term business implications of turning away work (e.g., turning off potential new customers), vs. the alternatives of hiring more people/getting bigger, or raising prices to throttle demand.  So the net effect may be that long-time customers like me always get squeezed in, whereas newer customers sometimes don't.  I've never discussed this with Steve, but I'm just speculating since you're not the first I've heard get the response you did.

I went and talked to them once about some basic stuff that I was being lazy about not doing and I was kinda shocked that they were as open about how not interested in the work they were that I was willing to pay them to do...but they seemed like nice guys for sure...

Dave in DC: 67 Jaguar E-Type OTS S1/71 Ford F-100 Styleside/79 Triumph T140E Bonneville/15 BMW R1200GS/13 KTM 300 XC-W/04 Yamaha TT-R250/04 & 05 Honda CRF 250X/Keeping parts guys in business nationwide
JoeP

« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2013, 02:40:46 PM »

Anyone have a tire change shop recommendation? Just got quoted by battley cycles for pilot power 3's installed and out the door for guess what... $550! hahahha yeahhh right. Tires are going for 265 off STG so they are saying it costs them 285 in labor?! I won't be taking my business back to them ever again.

I got the same kind of quote (just a little bit less) from Fairfax Cycles. They told me it would take 1.5 hours of labor for each tire. Take it to Jason at Brooks Cycles. He's got a no-mar machine and charges $20 per tire if you take the wheels off the bike yourself. He's running a good sale on Dunlop Q2's right now too.
DRKWNG

« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2013, 03:49:29 PM »

I know a lot of people on here bag on Coleman's, but their Woodbridge shop has done right by me on tire installs.  They put the current Q2s on both of my bikes, and I ended up paying something like $350 if memory serves correct.  And that's with me riding in, waiting a little over an hour and then riding out. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: