Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 11:35:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Local Shop List and Poll  (Read 113299 times)
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2013, 04:15:30 AM »

I know a lot of people on here bag on Coleman's, but their Woodbridge shop has done right by me on tire installs.  They put the current Q2s on both of my bikes, and I ended up paying something like $350 if memory serves correct.  And that's with me riding in, waiting a little over an hour and then riding out. 

you know what though...in your case...I wouldn't mind paying a lil extra with the Carbon wheels you have for the care factor...if someone was charging me $20 and nicked one...they wouldn't give much of a rats ass generally speaking...just sayin...

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2013, 04:43:09 AM »

Ducpond is changing their name to Ducati of Winchester FWIW.....

Does this mean they won't sell any other brands anymore?

Is Coleman's changing their name to Ducati of Merrifield?  Nope.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2013, 05:31:46 AM »

Does this mean they won't sell any other brands anymore?

At least at this time, all they are selling (new) is Ducs. They had that brief flirtation, but Donnie said it wasn't worth the effort and costs

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2013, 06:24:22 AM »

At least at this time, all they are selling (new) is Ducs. They had that brief flirtation, but Donnie said it wasn't worth the effort and costs

Kind of limiting on his part, but not my issue and I doubt he would sell too many MVs in Winchester anyhow..  waytogo

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
DRKWNG

« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2013, 01:39:37 PM »

you know what though...in your case...I wouldn't mind paying a lil extra with the Carbon wheels you have for the care factor...if someone was charging me $20 and nicked one...they wouldn't give much of a rats ass generally speaking...just sayin...

I wouldn't have minded either, as it's always good to have that peace of mind.  I'm just saying that I've been happy with the treatment I've gotten from Casey.  Donny's shop on the other hand...  Can't say that I've ever gotten good service from them.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:54:38 PM by DRKWNG » Logged

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
TitanMonsterS4R

Yup, it's supposed to sound like that....

« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2013, 03:51:58 PM »

I wouldn't have minded either, as it's always good to have that piece of mind.  I'm just saying that I've been happy with the treatment I've gotten from Casey.  Donny's shop on the other hand...  Can't say that I've ever gotten good service from them.

Everyone has their experiences.  Glad to hear good things about Coleman's.  I've had good service from Battley and like DW, can't saythat i've had a good experience with DucPond.

06 Monster S4R - Red/Black Final Edition
DRKWNG

« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2013, 09:12:13 AM »

Donnie and crew are offering three years of free scheduled servicing for anyone who buys a 2013 Ducati during the month of March.  That's not a bad deal at all, especially if you put a lot of miles on the bike. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2013, 11:34:23 AM »

Donnie and crew are offering three years of free scheduled servicing for anyone who buys a 2013 Ducati during the month of March.  That's not a bad deal at all, especially if you put a lot of miles on the bike. 

If I can include all of my bikes, I will buy one...

TitanMonsterS4R

Yup, it's supposed to sound like that....

« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2013, 05:04:48 PM »

This is kind of a vent kind of a warning for those looking to get their Ducati's serviced..... (long post)

I would suggest taking it to anoth oer place other than Duc Pond.  I don't think they value their customers and personally I think Donnie could care less if he looses a customer here or there because of their reputation as "the best Ducati shop on the east coast."  If I could, I'd pay money to customers turn their backs on that shop and their owner so he understands why he should value every customer.  

So after having it out with Donnie regarding their poor customers service (i.e. conversation I had with Chad) and little things they failed to do properly on the S4 I purchased from them in October, I'm back at them again for poor service.  So when I bought the S4 from Duc Pond I paid them $1,446.00 for the 12K mile service.  Fast forward to now with less than 1,000 miles on the bike since purchase -- Bike was stalling and dying.  Couldn't hold an idle when I was in traffic.  Some figured it was the Shorai battery I installed, other figured it was a failed this or that.  

Took the bike to Battley's to have them determine what the issue was after I couldn't solve on my own or with DMF help.  Turns out TPS had failed which was causing part of the issue.  Price to fix around $700.00 with parts and labor.  After installation and setting of the TPS they ran the bike to see if that solved.  Only part of the problem.  The bigger issue was the valves were incorrectly adjusted, the rear was too loose and the front was too tight.  He also found the the clutch plates they said was in great shape need to be replaced and the the fuel line was chafed.  Cost to fix valves, roughly $900.00 including parts and labor.  

I sent Donnie another certified letter outlining all these things and await his response.  All I want back is the $900.00 I paid to have the valve issue fixed.  I'm sure he will say something along the lines of if the bike was having this issue I should have brought it to them to have them fix.  While I did think about this, I'm also not confident they would have fixed the issue and would have done another half-ass job on the bike to get me out the door and my money in their register.  Hope I am wrong but shall find out shortly.  

While some folks here love Duc Pond, I can't stand them and the arrogance of Donnie based on my interactions with him and his staff (all except Nathan).  The more I discuss Duc Pond with other riders, the more I hear about other horror stories dealing with Donnie or his service department.

always open to opinions from the group.  i'm not out to sink anyone's ship but in this case I feel that Ive been wronged and I can't just let this go without voicing my concern and problems with them.....

06 Monster S4R - Red/Black Final Edition
zooom
Post Whore

« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2013, 08:12:11 AM »

seems that Ducpond is looking for a certified tech

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/classifieds/ce?action=showAd&adId=10190

98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
MongoReturns

I'm very busy

« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2013, 04:12:28 PM »

I retract my recommendation of Battley Cycles with extreme prejudice.

You know it's a bad sign when you go there to pick your bike up, turn the key, and absolutely nothing happens.

"Huh, somebody musta left the key on".

Jump started with a car battery (!), got home.

All geared up, heading out for a scoot, turn the key, barely anything.  I watched the voltage meter tick down until it hit "low" and some serv lights came on.  Apparently, however they did it, they totally flocked my $300 lithium ion battery.  Maybe it's the wash they gave it after I said "DONT WASH IT".

And they didn't even reset the dash SERV, thanks.

Dangit.

2000Monster750Dark: cored pipes, stage2, 43t, f-18, dptach
2007 1098Red: home depot cooler guard, on sale cluch cover, on sale dp dark tall screen, ebay hugger, hand painted clutch spring caps
dlowenst

« Reply #131 on: September 10, 2013, 07:43:39 PM »

Can any of our Maryland-based folks recommend a sympathetic shop to do a pre-registration MD State Inspection?  A friend has moved here from the UK, and is looking to get his bike tagged in MD.  His bike (a modern Triumph) is mostly compliant with US requirements, but has a couple of very minor issues and he doesn't want to get tripped up with a super anal retentive inspector.  He's located in Gaithersburg.  Please PM me if you've got a suggestion.

TIA,

Dave
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:13:45 AM by dlowenst » Logged

Dave in DC: 67 Jaguar E-Type OTS S1/71 Ford F-100 Styleside/79 Triumph T140E Bonneville/15 BMW R1200GS/13 KTM 300 XC-W/04 Yamaha TT-R250/04 & 05 Honda CRF 250X/Keeping parts guys in business nationwide
Lucumon

« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2013, 06:19:56 AM »

I had my bike's first service done Saturday at Coleman Powersports in Falls Church.  Here are my thoughts:

1. The service seemed fairly expensive at first.
2. The tech seems very knowledgeable.  He rides a monster and is claimed to have the highest level of certification by Ducati.
3. Location.  I hear great things about Ducpond, but it is 81 miles from me.

1980 Honda CMT 400 - Sold
2012 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo
tocino

96 900 SS/CR, 75 Guzzi 850-T, 74 MkIIa Commando

« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2013, 11:09:35 AM »

Can any of our Maryland-based folks recommend a sympathetic shop to do a pre-registration MD State Inspection?

CAD Cycles in Gaithersburg does them.

"Purchase this fine motorbike and you will find yourself swimming in a ocean of pre-feminist, lose-moraled women in see-through clothing without any buttons." - PipeBurn
zooom
Post Whore

« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2013, 11:37:29 AM »

CAD Cycles in Gaithersburg does them.

when did CAD re-open?

2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: