Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 01:50:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Local Shop List and Poll  (Read 113278 times)
tocino

96 900 SS/CR, 75 Guzzi 850-T, 74 MkIIa Commando

« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2013, 05:29:40 AM »

when did CAD re-open?

Not sure - it's not the original guy (who moved out and is now RAM cycles I think), it's Dave Yaakov who owns the building (and who had a lightweight lap record at Summit on an SV650!)  Dave is a good guy.

"Purchase this fine motorbike and you will find yourself swimming in a ocean of pre-feminist, lose-moraled women in see-through clothing without any buttons." - PipeBurn
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2013, 06:51:36 AM »

Not sure - it's not the original guy (who moved out and is now RAM cycles I think), it's Dave Yaakov who owns the building (and who had a lightweight lap record at Summit on an SV650!)  Dave is a good guy.

Dave has always owned the CAD name ( I think his dad owned the building and he inherited it)...Alex had the CAD location as RAM for about 3-4 months and then opened on Gude for a a couple years before relocating to the new spot next to Evolutione Exitoca Repair( not the reral name, just paraphrasing)....I think the reason Alex moved was because the Maaco owned the property and was getting less and less tolerant of the growth of the bike shop and the noise and jacked the rent up as an incentive to get him to move...

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2013, 06:56:52 AM »

BTW....last time I was by there, it was an audio car accessory install place of some sort....

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
potomacduc

« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2019, 03:00:57 PM »

It seems like CAM is pretty much a ghost town these days, but I'll give this a shot.

With the change in ownership at Battley's (now District Cycle) last year, I have heard grumblings about the service department going downhill. A friend had a bad experience with his BMW and it seems that at least a couple of the respected members of the service department have left. This has me considering other options for service and for purchasing a new bike, but that's a year or more away.

When I first moved to the area, I gave Coleman's in Falls Church a shot. A friend warned me, but it was so close to where I lived. It went horribly. I had a few things done at CAM/RAM Cycles or whatever it was called in Gaithersburg before I finally settled on Battley's. That was about 2005 and I've been going there ever since and had good results and they stepped up when they needed to. I might give new ownership one shot, but before I do, I'd like to consider my options. I've checked online reviews, but they're sparse, so I am hitting up this once great board to see what it might still have to offer.

The first place most people will likely recommend is Duc Pond. Their reputation was always strong and the few times I have been in the store or otherwise ran into Donnie he seemed like a stand up guy. As long as nothing has changed there, it will be an option. However, it is 80 miles from my house, so I'd like to find something closer if possible.

From personal experience and based upon reputation, Coleman's Falls Church was a disaster, but that was 15 years ago. Can anyone convince me that they now provide high quality service?

Coleman's Woodbridge always had a reputation as "OK", but again, my info is very dated. Does anyone have recent experience to share?

Last but not least is Faster Twin, an independent shop. I remember reading good things about the owner RAFFAELE years ago.

Let me know if you can strongly recommend any of these shops. I'd lean towards a dealer because I would like to start to build a relationship for when I buy my next bike in a year or two, but if an independent shop (faster twin or other) offers truly high quality experience, I will strongly consider it.

If I don't hear crickets, thanks in advance to any and all who respond.

'13 MTS1200 (Red)
'04 MTS1000DS (Black) - sold
'99 M750 (Yellow/Black) -  sold
dlowenst

« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2019, 03:19:17 PM »

I'm still using DucPond, although only for major service work (everything else I do myself), so I haven't been there in a couple of years.

Recent feedback from a friend is a strong thumbs-up for Rafael at FasterTwin in Springfield: "He worked on my race bike and my 900ss. Nice guy too. Worked at Ducati before coming here. Works on older stuff the dealer wont touch. Does the latest stuff too of course."

HTH,

Dave

Dave in DC: 67 Jaguar E-Type OTS S1/71 Ford F-100 Styleside/79 Triumph T140E Bonneville/15 BMW R1200GS/13 KTM 300 XC-W/04 Yamaha TT-R250/04 & 05 Honda CRF 250X/Keeping parts guys in business nationwide
potomacduc

« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2019, 08:33:03 AM »

Thanks a lot for the reply. I am leaning in the direction of Faster Twin. I'm in Alexandria, so that's <10 miles west south of me.

'13 MTS1200 (Red)
potomacduc

« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2021, 09:49:25 AM »

It's been exactly two years since I last posted on this thread and almost two years since any posts have been placed on CAM, but I'll give this shot anyways.

I did end up going to FasterTwin and was happy with the service, both with Raffaele in 2019 and with the new owners last year. Unfortunately, they shut their doors in December.

I'm curious if there any new options for Ducati service in the DC area. What are other former FasterTwin patrons doing for service?

On a related note, I have heard that Duc Pond lost their Ducati dealer franchise. While I am sorry to hear that happen to Duc Pond, selfishly it makes me wonder if there are any prospects for a new dealer in the region that might be closer.

'13 MTS1200 (Red)
DRKWNG

« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2021, 10:21:42 AM »

lol

Donnie list dealership rights? That’s hilarious.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
potomacduc

« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2021, 10:43:20 AM »

lol

Donnie list dealership rights? That’s hilarious.

I heard this on the "big" board. I went to the website and if you click on "new vehicles" and then click on any of the (outdated) pictures, it returns a 404 error.

'13 MTS1200 (Red)
DRKWNG

« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2021, 10:51:26 AM »

Hilarious

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
potomacduc

« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2021, 06:16:11 AM »

No thoughts on shops? Are Coleman (x2) and District Ducati the only shop options?

I don't know Donnie and have no real experience with his shop, but many people do seem to have a strong opinion on him one way or the other....

'13 MTS1200 (Red)
Lars D

« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2021, 01:03:00 PM »

Mrp Motorsports in Pasadena, and Cycle Pros in Elkridge.
DRKWNG

« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2021, 01:47:52 AM »

Donnie knew/knows his way around a Ducati, but could be a colossal ass at the flip of a switch. You can’t treat people like that and expect a great career in retail.

DRKWNG

« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2021, 01:48:19 AM »

Mrp Motorsports in Pasadena, and Cycle Pros in Elkridge.

Lars lives!!

Airborne
Crash n' Burn

Monster S2R 800 - ALL BLACK

« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2021, 09:31:14 PM »

Anyone know the story behind fastertwin closing? Raffaele left and a year later they fold under new ownership.

I need a clutch replacement for my s24 800, thinking of ducpond.

2007 Monster S2R, Vespa GTS 300, Vino 125
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: