Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 26, 2024, 11:31:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F***ING FEDEX!!!  (Read 20903 times)
redxblack

« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2009, 09:32:16 AM »

I always laugh when people whine about the benefits union workers get but then pregnant dog about unions. It's ironic some of you are praising the free market but not realizing this example (and it is just an example) is the opposite of the free market. UPS operates a company store and requires workers to purchase from it and they sell INFERIOR goods! Workers used to have to purchase their own uniforms as well. UPS started issuing uniforms (through negotiated contract) for security reasons. It was in the company's self-interest because these drivers are the face of the company.

As far as the traffic ticket, let's carry your analogy further. If it was the wife of the sgt. of the traffic division driving around and recording plate numbers of speeders - not the policeman - THEN you're closer to the mark of this situation.

It's their company they can run it and treat their empployees anyway they choose.

Enjoy the black and white worldview.
cyrus buelton

aka JuddDDDdd

« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2009, 09:36:21 AM »

Oh no you didn't...

Yes, I did.

I have sock needs.

American Pie style?

laughingdp laughingdp

No Longer the most hated DMF Member.

By joining others Hate Clubs, it boosts my self-esteem.

1999 M750 (joint ownership)
2004 S4r (mineeee)
2008 KLR650 (wifey's bike, but I steal it)
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2009, 09:53:53 AM »

American Pie style?

laughingdp laughingdp

You laugh now, but wait until we have to sleep in the same camper...

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
cyrus buelton

aka JuddDDDdd

« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2009, 09:55:49 AM »

You laugh now, but wait until we have to sleep in the same camper...

Tiffer's won't hesitate to thrown down on you again.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 09:59:42 AM by cyrus buelton » Logged

No Longer the most hated DMF Member.

By joining others Hate Clubs, it boosts my self-esteem.

1999 M750 (joint ownership)
2004 S4r (mineeee)
2008 KLR650 (wifey's bike, but I steal it)
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2009, 10:32:54 AM »

You only have to wear the UPS logo socks if you wear shorts, and the decision to wear shorts is up to the individual UPS driver.

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2009, 10:48:20 AM »

I was so make the beast with two backsing wasted that night I barely felt that wedgie. I did feel it the next day.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Charlief

« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2009, 12:16:26 PM »

You only have to wear the UPS logo socks if you wear shorts, and the decision to wear shorts is up to the individual UPS driver.

True.  I have a friend who works for UPS here in MA.  He likes to wear shorts almost year round except for the real frigid days.  (His route is indoors at a very large mall so he can get away with it.)  Anyway...  he gets written up if he wears shorts past a certain date.   So...... he went to his doctor and had a "medically necessary" note written.   cheeky applause

Management was not happy.

hbliam
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2009, 12:35:00 PM »

If you guys want to keep talking about socks (for whatever reason), maybe look into the reason why lots of UPS guys have issues. The uniforms are provided (through negotiation), but the socks are not and they're only available from UPS. They're $26 for 6 pairs and they last less than 2 months. Brown socks from Wal-Mart last these guys 6-8 months and cost about a dollar a pair. By the contract, UPS is supposed to provide all required uniforms. The socks are required, but they are not provided. The only socks are absolutely inferior. Some guys have sewn the tops of UPS socks onto other socks. Still a uniform violation, but this makes them last longer.

The speeding ticket isn't an apt comparison because purchasing socks has no external effect on others whereas speeding does. No one has EVER died or accidentally killed someone else due to wearing the wrong socks. This isn't really even about socks. This is about a crap company treating their most key asset (the people who have direct contact with the customer) like crap. It's AN example, not the only example.

Lets say the socks do only last for 6 months. So a driver makes what? $60K? Hmm, I'm sure there are lots of people out there that would be willing to provide the $156 per year of socks to have the $60K job. If it's really an "issue" then the union can drop their dues $13 a month and everyone can quit crying over socks.

There really is no excuse or whining to be done. You agree to wear the entire uniform. It's part of their branding and marketing. They stay successful, you stay employed. Don't like it? Buy a rural route from the USPS and deliver the mail in your boxers.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 03:10:27 PM by hbliam » Logged
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2009, 02:24:17 PM »

krolik's right...

this is hilarious

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Charlief

« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2009, 02:33:04 PM »

Yup.... I find it funny as hell also. To listen to my friends complain about their jobs. Two of them work for UPS. One has 18 years under his belt there and pulls down almost 90k per year!  Delivering packages!!!! I don't care if sox cost ten bucks a pair   Sign me up! 

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2009, 02:44:52 PM »

Yup.... I find it funny as hell also. To listen to my friends complain about their jobs. Two of them work for UPS. One has 18 years under his belt there and pulls down almost 90k per year!  Delivering packages!!!! I don't care if sox cost ten bucks a pair   Sign me up! 
ya know...

the money is good...better than good.

I could live really well on 90K.

But this kid would kick the first make the beast with two backser that told him to cut his mustache...or that his socks weren't regulation...

in the nuts.

I'm like that.

I guess I can kiss that 90K goodbye. Grin

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2009, 02:50:03 PM »

I just do what the make the beast with two backs I want to, act like I don't give a shit what they do to me, and they never say shit.  Wink

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
jamanta
Tallest Monster rider in the world