Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 18, 2024, 02:17:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I almost....  (Read 1218 times)
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« on: August 07, 2009, 03:40:52 PM »

rear-ended a moto cop today Shocked

I was driving in the center lane of a three lane road. 45 mph speed zone, doing 40 or less because of traffic.
at one point I notice an officer to my rear splitting lanes at a decent clip.
he is to my right coming up fast.
the instant he passes me (while still to my right, between lanes), he removes his left hand from the bars and starts frantically yelling at some kid in a black lowered truck that is slightly ahead of me in the right lane.
I back off the gas and cover my brakes. a split second later, he hits his lights and grabs the brakes.
as he's braking and motioning to the kid, he steers left and into the center of my lane.
I jumped on the brakes (TG for anti lock brakes), as he then steers back to the right and into the right lane to pull the kid over.

scared the shit out of me, but I doubt the officer even realized I was there.

I'm guess'n the kid may have cut him off at some point.

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
MrFryMoto

I need a new metal member

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 03:49:46 PM »

scared the shit out of me, but I doubt the officer even realized I was there.

I'm guess'n the kid may have cut him off at some point.

...ironic

MrFry's News Ticker:
*shifty eyes* someone's been reporting bad news-->Fry-Cycles to offer baked, broiled & deep fried options as well .....My Little Pony still in style.....House NOT destroyed in motorcycle gang's takeover!.....DMF: where the cool kids hang out........
Porsche Monkey
JuddDdd likes my

The DMFer formerly known as Ducaholic

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 04:34:22 AM »

Wow that's all you need. Glad it wasn't worse buddy.

if I had a vagina...I'd never leave the house

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 05:15:26 AM »

you should have sat on the horn

and if he pulled you over, give him a lecture about how he pulled in front of you and slammed on his brakes and how you don't want to nail anyone especially not a cop doing his job

i did that ONCE

cop pulled me over, and then he apologized and said thanks for looking out for them.  seriously. 

the honk scared the shit out of him, but he pulled in front of me -- no signal -- going about 40 and then hit the brakes.  having spent the last 20 years in NYC, i drive with a thumb on the horn.. Cheesy

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
MendoDave
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 06:25:55 AM »

It could have been worse. It could have happened to me.  Grin
DoubleEagle

" If you are unafraid you will be safe "

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 07:27:45 PM »

What a .........Dick !

Dolph      Smiley

'08 Ducati 1098 R    '09 BMW K 1300 GT   '10 BMW S 1000 RR

Shortest sentence...." I am "   Longest sentence ... " I Do "
moto-zen

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 05:29:02 AM »

you should have sat on the horn

and if he pulled you over, give him a lecture about how he pulled in front of you and slammed on his brakes and how you don't want to nail anyone especially not a cop doing his job

i did that ONCE

cop pulled me over, and then he apologized and said thanks for looking out for them.  seriously. 

the honk scared the shit out of him, but he pulled in front of me -- no signal -- going about 40 and then hit the brakes.  having spent the last 20 years in NYC, i drive with a thumb on the horn.. Cheesy

Wow! I cannot tell you how badly that would NOT work where I live.

The democracy will cease to exist  when you
take away from those who are willing to work and
give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson
redxblack

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 05:45:59 AM »

Here either. A friend was cited for "excessive horn use" for honking at someone on their cell phone, stopped in a roundabout.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 05:58:16 AM »

Wow! I cannot tell you how badly that would NOT work where I live.

Wouldn't fair too well here in Al. either. That is unless you enjoy wood shampoos.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
NAKID

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 06:06:08 AM »

The purpose of a horn is to alert someone else of a possible collision. Honking at the police officer would have been appropriate...

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 06:14:55 AM »

The purpose of a horn is to alert someone else of a possible collision. Honking at the police officer would have been appropriate...

exactly.  this isn't honking because you're frustrated at someone.  patrolman pulled in front of me -- no indicator, at speed.  probably had 10-15 ft of distance.  i was already braking and slammed on the brakes when his reds came on.  damn right i honked. 

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
NAKID

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 06:17:23 AM »

There's honking, then LAYING on the horn...

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

still wearing the tin foil hat

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 06:35:07 AM »

one time i honked at a car that changed lanes into the space i was currently occupying without a signal.

turns out it was an unmarked car and the guy inside told me to settle down.

i asked him to please use a signal so people would know what he's doing. his response "Use a signal? What make the beast with two backsing city did you grow up in?"

honking at police doesn't always work no matter what it was for.

Life, alas is very drear. Up with the glass and down with the beer!
Seriously, when i am 800years old i want to rock like Lemmy! it is a religion that requires lots of determination, drugs, and Marshall stacks.

now with clavicle of steel (stainless) wrist o' steel (11/2011)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 06:39:04 AM »

"Use a signal? What make the beast with two backsing city did you grow up in?"

laughingdp laughingdp applause

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
NAKID

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 06:51:26 AM »

I have to say that's my biggest pet peeve, lack of signal use. Pisses me off every single time!

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: