Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 17, 2024, 06:19:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Danes and those living in Denmark - help me out :)  (Read 713 times)
ellingly

« on: August 08, 2009, 11:51:01 PM »

Hey all Danes and those expats living in Denmark. Hvordan har du det(1)? Figured this is the place where I might find some of you Smiley. Anyway, looks like I well may be jumping over to your fine land in a few months.

I just want to make some contacts over there... oh, and if anyone knows about personal imports of bikes to Denmark that would be great, too. I have a 2006 S2R1k I've got here in Australia, 3 years old, owned it myself that whole time. If possible, it would be nice to get it there. I do know how expensive your vehicles are over there once you add in the taxes etc - is any of that reduced for personal imports etc?

But, most of all, say hi Smiley. I'm looking at doing a trip over there in sept/oct to tee some things up, and most likely permanently in around January.

(1) I am learning Danish. So far it's not awesome but it's also not a knowledge of zero Smiley.

Team Ghetto Racing: motorcycle racing and riding on a budget
2006 Ducati MS2R1000 road | 1973 Suzuki GT250 cafe race | 1982 Yamaha RD250LC race | 1991 Suzuki GSXR750 perpetual project | 1984 Suzuki TS250x vintage enduro | 1997 Honda CT110 postie of death | 1982 Kawasaki KH100 bucket racer
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 07:05:30 AM »

No FHE, but I found this.

http://www.expatfocus.com/expatriate-denmark

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
mdriver

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 11:31:18 AM »

Wow, I'm in a very similar situation to you. So I'm very curious about any information you find out. I've been planning on making a trip to Copenhagen in October to see several family members whom I've never met in person. While visiting I was going to look at the feasibility of moving there hopefully by feb/mar.  Good luck with your endeavor it sounds like your far more committed at this point then I am.

I have no solid info but from what I understand buying/owning a vehicle in DK is very expensive. Besides the high cost of gas there is a 180% luxury tax on cars. I have no idea if it applies to all motorized vehicles or just new cars.

Bike Info: 2001 Ducati M750 Dark, 2007 Triumph Bonneville
ellingly

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 01:20:38 AM »

Cheers lads. Yeah, the petrol (after all, I am an Aussie!) price isn't cheap there. I know about the tax, too. An M1100 (not the S) has an RRP of about 200 000 DKK after all the taxes have been applied, for instance. In AU$ terms, at least, that's about $50k. M1100 here retails for about AU$19k on the road...

My girlfriend, who is Danish, thought she found somewhere that if you've lived outside the EU and are brining in a vehicle from outside the EU, and it passes appropriate roadworthy stuff in DK, you can get away with no tax. Now, that might not apply to non-citizens such as myself, or it might just plain be wrong. Anyway, an additional viewpoint. Will also polish up the Danish and get on some Danish bike boards Smiley.

Team Ghetto Racing: motorcycle racing and riding on a budget
2006 Ducati MS2R1000 road | 1973 Suzuki GT250 cafe race | 1982 Yamaha RD250LC race | 1991 Suzuki GSXR750 perpetual project | 1984 Suzuki TS250x vintage enduro | 1997 Honda CT110 postie of death | 1982 Kawasaki KH100 bucket racer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: