Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 04:31:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Body Positioning when cornering (video)  (Read 4480 times)
Michael
Voted "Nicest Pants" 2009

« on: August 22, 2009, 08:08:40 PM »

This video is nice -- short, to the point, and accurate.

Also, the example rider they use is a big guy. Being a big guy myself, I'm always having to take riding techniques and translate them from small-skinny-guy to taller-large-guy, and it's nice to see a video that shows both a smaller instructor and a larger student.

I think with being a bigger guy you don't have to move your butt as much, but hips, shoulders, head position, and spine alignment are all the same.

Body Positioning when cornering
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 08:13:46 PM by Michael » Logged
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 11:17:44 AM »

waytogo

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 12:26:51 PM »

At 6'4" 220 my experience is that as important as hanging off, is getting upper body low and forward. When I do that and point my hips and head in the right direction - my corner speed is quite good. When I lean in towards the mirror, it increases. Next level for me is slight butt movement to increase speed even more. After that, it's SuperBike time Cool

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Shifty
Girls compliment my

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 09:35:22 AM »

Awesome, awesome vid.  bow down

'04 Monster S4R, Ferracci Titanium exhaust, Paulimoto clutch, Power Commander, Ohlins damper.

loneknight66

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 10:49:20 PM »

Also this Video is a good one...unfortunately it is all in "Mamma Mia&Spaghetti" Language  Grin Grin

The Complete Course should be  available on 3 DVD's...

The say that Body has to be moved first to make the bike lean easier when pushing the internal Handlebar ( countersteering)...body has to be intially used this way...it's only after the "apex" ( not sure about the translation), when you start to get the bike straight and accelerate that the body has to counterweight the tendency of the bike to go on the external side...

motosprint - inserimento in curva
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 11:07:48 PM by loneknight66 » Logged
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 07:16:42 AM »

The say that Body has to be moved first to make the bike lean easier when pushing the internal Handlebar ( countersteering)...body has to be intially used this way...it's only after the "apex" ( not sure about the translation), when you start to get the bike straight and accelerate that the body has to counterweight the tendency of the bike to go on the external side...

Your translation is fine, although we would typically say "inside" and "outside" instead of "internal" and "external". waytogo

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
loneknight66

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 07:32:54 AM »

Your translation is fine, although we would typically say "inside" and "outside" instead of "internal" and "external". waytogo

Thanks MsIncredible!

When it comes to Motorbike Vocabulary I still sucks....today I was wondering if you say "open the gas", "open the throttle", "open the gas throttle", "open the gas grip" etc...words still fail me! I do need to relocate to the USA and become a real Redneck Cowboy!
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 07:53:43 AM »

When it comes to Motorbike Vocabulary I still sucks....today I was wondering if you say "open the gas", "open the throttle", "open the gas throttle", "open the gas grip" etc...words still fail me! I do need to relocate to the USA and become a real Redneck Cowboy!

laughingdp laughingdp

Most of the time we would say "open the throttle" although we'll figure any of those out. Wink

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 08:42:50 AM »

Loneknight, you have only been here a short time - you'll learn as you go along.

Best word I've heard here is WOT (wide open throttle). Twist the throttle is also fine. Basically, anything resulting in speed and sound [moto]

Apex is international.

I've been thinking that we need a short word to use every time we are uncertain if it's the right word.....
Let's start using "CW?" (Correct Word ?) and see what happens Wink  You and I can start a new DMF routine waytogo

Lamps!

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: