Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 04:42:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will's Thread  (Read 79253 times)
WillS

« on: August 22, 2009, 11:06:58 PM »

ok, well i have not really been around on here for a while, but, as i was just surfing the web, i found myself washed up on the asphalt shores of desmotropic.  so i got a glass o' wine, and perused... and after i did that, i decided that an unofficial south seas service thread may be in order, if you guys want, if not, that's ok too.

so be honest and i will be as well...

and hope every body is well

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 06:51:05 AM »

Glad you found this place & posted up Will! I have to come and see you about a clunking noise in the front forks of the 848. There might not be anything wrong, and you can't tell anything by riding it, but it still doesn't sound or feel normal when you're stopped and working the front end.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 09:28:21 AM »

Cool.  Welcome back to the asphalt shores.  Wink  Hope it was some good Vino!
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 11:11:36 AM »

Welcome Will...thanks for your work on my SF...just got back from a short ride, so far so good... Grin

Just curious, would balancing the throttle bodies help smooth out the low rpm throttle response on my bike?

FWIW, I swapped handgrips for a set with a smaller overall diameter, this change gives me more precise control over the throttle application and makes the bike easy to ride.

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
WillS

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 11:58:08 AM »

Glad you found this place & posted up Will! I have to come and see you about a clunking noise in the front forks of the 848. There might not be anything wrong, and you can't tell anything by riding it, but it still doesn't sound or feel normal when you're stopped and working the front end.

yes bring it down, the early 1098's had loose steering bearings, so maybe your 848 is like that and if not, i will get it worked out, could be alot of things.

if you want, i can just check it out real quick if you ride by, and if it is an issue, i would need you to leave it.

let me know
WillS

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 11:58:43 AM »

Cool.  Welcome back to the asphalt shores.  Wink  Hope it was some good Vino!

it twas
WillS

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 12:12:44 PM »

Welcome Will...thanks for your work on my SF...just got back from a short ride, so far so good... Grin

Just curious, would balancing the throttle bodies help smooth out the low rpm throttle response on my bike?

FWIW, I swapped handgrips for a set with a smaller overall diameter, this change gives me more precise control over the throttle application and makes the bike easy to ride.

glad to hear all is well, sort of,... the throttle bodies on your bike are balanced on a flow bench. so mechanically they are spot on, with two o2 sensors, both bleeds are completely shut. the bike regulates its own fuel ratios independant from one cyl to the other. that's all great, but it is still lean, and that is the problem, but that is also the law. i know you hate hearing it, but it is the way that bike runs stock.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 12:20:30 PM »

glad to hear all is well, sort of,... the throttle bodies on your bike are balanced on a flow bench. so mechanically they are spot on, with two o2 sensors, both bleeds are completely shut. the bike regulates its own fuel ratios independant from one cyl to the other. that's all great, but it is still lean, and that is the problem, but that is also the law. i know you hate hearing it, but it is the way that bike runs stock.

gotcha...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 12:33:41 PM »

yes bring it down, the early 1098's had loose steering bearings, so maybe your 848 is like that and if not, i will get it worked out, could be alot of things.

if you want, i can just check it out real quick if you ride by, and if it is an issue, i would need you to leave it.

let me know

Thanks. I'll try to stop by this coming Saturday, depending, depending. I've got to do work on the 240D, which is starting to desperately need it.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 12:35:37 PM »

gotcha...

Put the Termi cans on it. Soon the pain will be just a distant memory.  Grin

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 12:42:10 PM »

Put the Termi cans on it. Soon the pain will be just a distant memory.  Grin

I find them a little on the loud side...funny, when I was younger I loved loud motorcycles...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 03:30:32 PM »

I find them a little on the loud side...funny, when I was younger I loved loud motorcycles...

I hear that. (Pun intended) The Termis on my 848 are loud but then again I also took out the baffles. If you leave the baffles in they are significantly less noisy. There are times when I wind up that little engine and I just hear music. Oh, earplugs help a lot too.  laughingdp

WillS

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 04:32:43 PM »

it is only loud for everyone not on the bike... a small price they pay so that you can enjoy life.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 05:53:21 PM »

you guys sure are generous with my $$$... Wink

DRKWNG
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 07:15:33 PM »

you guys sure are generous with my $$$... Wink

You will soon see that we speak the truth and are only looking out for your own best interests.  Wink

And Will, I need to bring the yellow beast down to get a safety done on it pretty soon.  Also, do you know of any good machine shops around?  I need to get a new little mounting bracket whittled out for my top mount steering damper to sit flush.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: