Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 04:40:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ungeheuer 1100S - Rexxer ECU reflash + PC5 + AT100 Dual Autotune.  (Read 166215 times)
mickb

« Reply #225 on: August 13, 2010, 01:10:28 AM »

sorry Unge, forgot to ask:

Is the ECU the same for both the partial & the Full termi set-ups?

cheers.
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #226 on: August 13, 2010, 02:47:02 AM »

Nope. Different ECUs.  Although I doubt they vary significantly. 

Soooo... if you buy a complete new set of Termi slipon cans what you get is:
1x pair of slip on cans (funnily enough, eh)
1x "racing" airbox cover (it has 3 more small holes for.... lol... better breathing)
1x "hi-flo" air filter
1x "racing" ECU (still with inputs for 02 sensors and exhaust flapper servo)

Whereas if you buy a complete new Termi Full System what you get is:
1x pair of slip on cans (identical to the slipons)
The set of larger diameter header pipes without silly flappergate
1x "racing" airbox cover (it has 3 more small holes for.... lol... better breathing)
1x "hi-flo" air filter
1x "racing evo" ECU (still with inputs for 02)

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
mattc7

« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2010, 05:30:32 AM »

Waspworks.  First impressions....
Sun shone today so I took the opportunity to take a test ride  [moto].  

I was hoping there'd be noticeable improvements..... but FMD  Shocked, this thing is a TOTAL TRANSFORMATION.  

Oh sure there is noticeably more urge in the 4000 to 6000 rpm range.  And the induction roar is so beautifully, overwhelmingly addictive it makes the sound of the Termis seem secondary.  And of course those things are nice.  Very nice.   But for me the most mind blowingly impressive improvement is in the way it now does what it does.   The motor's previous lumpiness is gone.  Not that that ever bothered me, its just that now power delivery is so totally smooth that it makes what it was before seem crudely agricultural.  Pulls like a turbine all the way to from idle until the "game over" lights chime in.  And chime in they did.  Often.  I seemed to be hitting the rev limiter more today than in all of the previous 8000kms combined.  And I wasnt trying to do so...... its just so seductively tractable that you wanna keep winding it on  Grin.   I found myself using the entire rev range more than ever before.

And remember mine hasnt yet seen a dyno, its PC5 is running with Wasp's mapping for Termi slipons with racing ECU, not specific mapping for my Termi Full system + racing Evo ECU combo.  I still have to get to a dyno to tweak it to absolute perfection.

This then IMHO is the single greatest improvement to the bike to date.  And not for the reasons I was expecting either.  

Fanbloodytastic  waytogo

Any Dyno opportunity yet?

I'm curious to see what kind of numbers the kit puts down.  Too bad you didn't test a before/after!

TAftonomos
is without a monster :(

« Reply #228 on: September 12, 2010, 10:25:52 AM »

Any Dyno opportunity yet?

I'm curious to see what kind of numbers the kit puts down.  Too bad you didn't test a before/after!

Which is really all that is relevant when talking about dyno numbers.  It's just an arbitrary number otherwise.

I would have liked to see a before/after as well... Sad

mattc7

« Reply #229 on: September 12, 2010, 01:06:48 PM »

Which is really all that is relevant when talking about dyno numbers.  It's just an arbitrary number otherwise.

I would have liked to see a before/after as well... Sad

Feel good numbers to make me want it more

and if they're not super high, then it'll make me more comfortable with waiting alittle longer (until the kits are available).

Either way, I know it means nothing, but I still want to know. 
DoWorkSon

« Reply #230 on: September 12, 2010, 01:45:33 PM »

If you really are impatient and want something like this, the TPO air kit(pretty much same design) will work on the 696/1100.

All that you would need to do to make it work is

1. Buy a power commander
2. Make mount for all the internal electronics that are moved by removing intake box(same that that waspworks does).

If you look at the pictures of the bracket that waspworks has made you get the idea.

This is an option that I am contemplating since the ETA for release is extended right now and this one could potentially be much cheaper....

2003 BMW R1150GS- The commuter
2009 M696--SOLD
mattc7

« Reply #231 on: September 12, 2010, 01:52:21 PM »

I've considered it, but from what I've read overall, it seems like there's a similar height to these, with a good bit more surface area, and wider mouth. 

What theory states, is that this should raise the midrange/low grunt, and the high-end, whereas the beasts are designed more for one or the other.

The differences are probably mild, but I've been watching this for awhile, so I might as well stick with it.  These guys put alot more work into producing these kits (dyno tuning PCVs, more machining, and creating a bracket for each application).  I'm willing to wait/support those endeavors, rather than the other, which is more of the same tools used for a new application.

The differences might be super-small/negligible, but after seeing/hearing/reading the work Wasp puts into these, it would feel wrong
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

« Reply #232 on: September 12, 2010, 02:58:04 PM »

Even if fitting the WASP kit added nothing to the BHP and/or Torque numbers, I think I've already indicated that the quality of the power delivery is so vastly improved that for me, its already totally justified its worth.  That said, there are numbers out there showing M1100 stock vs WASP kit = +4HP.

Charts below compare stock to various iterations of WASP kit + Termi cans/ ECU.  Interestingly, the highest number's were for WASP kit + stock exhaust & stock ECU although the Termi runs show better midrange numbers.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B8GYk44zAjpmZDcwZmFmNzEtYTZkNS00N2Y4LTg1ZTctNjU3MzIxZTMzY2Yz&hl=en_GB

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B8GYk44zAjpmYzAzYTYzMTYtN2JiNi00OTY5LWJmNGMtMTQ0ZGNmNWIyMWMz&hl=en_GB

Given 98.5HP running stock headers, I'd be expecting that with Termi Full System and flashed "o2s be gone" ECU I can do better again in the mid-range.  Maybe also top 100hp to keep you numbers freaks happy too  Evil Wink.  We'll know soon, hopefully I'll get a Dyno run in on Saturday (assuming I get my reflash issues resolved in time). 

Yes, I'll post the results  Grin.

iRam

« Reply #233 on: September 12, 2010, 04:13:16 PM »

nice mods!!!  waytogo its amazing what you can do to this bikes.  Grin

Ducati Monster 796
BMW R nineT
jvax
in the land of the rising sun

« Reply #234 on: September 13, 2010, 01:37:06 AM »

Just read the whole thread...

I never knew you could dehydrate from overdrooling  drool drool drool

Fantabulisticulous work  bow down

'08 R1200GS
'10 M796 ABS Black (Sold)
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

« Reply #235 on: September 15, 2010, 03:49:12 AM »

jvax and iRam - Thanks for the kind words  Smiley

Finally got my ECU reflashed to delete the stock o2s and closed loop  Grin.  I wont go into the details here, those who're interested in the LONG story can clicky here >> http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=41934.0

And also - in what I believe to be an M1100 World 1st - I'm pretty damn chuffed to have figured out how to setup Dynojet's AT-100 Dual Autotune option for PCV Cool.  Again for those of you with no social life here's the full story >> http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=42213.0

So, since I have Autotune functioning so damned well..... why proceed with the Dyno I hear you ask.  Really - and after so many doubts - I dont think its absolutely necessary.  But I'm in it this deep already, might as well see what else I can learn.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 01:39:59 AM by ungeheuer » Logged

Raux
« Reply #236 on: September 15, 2010, 06:29:40 AM »

What i would like to see you do is take a computer with you with a few different Autotune maps for testing on the dyno.

Veloce-Fino
Wiggle-Jiggle

Bike sold - But I'm still lurking.

« Reply #237 on: September 15, 2010, 11:03:09 AM »

jvax and iRam - Thanks for the kind words  Smiley

But I'm in it this deep already, might as well see what else I can learn spend.

popcorn

fixed it^

Is this thing on?
Amlethae
ahm-leth-eye

If life is a stage, you'd better let me direct.

« Reply #238 on: September 15, 2010, 12:05:31 PM »

Dude you need to dyno this thing just to see what the numbers are looking like with that Autotune & everything else... good lord!  bow down bow down bow down bow down bow down bow down bow down bow down

First bike (ever): 2008 Monster 696 [now it's the wife's]
Lost to the front end of a GMC truck: 2010 Monster 1100s w/ABS [miss it!]
Currently Riding: 2013 Streetfighter 848
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

« Reply #239 on: September 15, 2010, 02:27:23 PM »

fixed it^
laughingdp Thanks VF, but I do already have a wife.  laughingdp Wink
Besides, the owner of the dynocentre is doing me a discount deal to compensate for wasting a day of my life last time.  No, really.  

Dude you need to dyno this thing just to see what the numbers are looking like .....
Do I really need to?  I dont think so.  I'm more interested in how it delivers whatever power it makes than the headline numbers.  And to be honest I am totally happy with how it performs right now.....

« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 01:42:47 AM by ungeheuer » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: