Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 03:15:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing the exhaust  (Read 1346 times)
Monstyr

« on: May 22, 2008, 11:29:28 AM »

I need to remove my cat bypass pipe on my S2R to access the securing bolt which has sheared, its been on there for nearly three years and will probably be a bit tight now coffee.
I did have a half hearted attempt at this a few years back but decided it was too much hassle at the time,now I want to fix it before its first MOT as the testers dont like broken bits.
What the best way to get it off?
Brute force?, naturally the endcans and S pipes will be removed , should I remove the headers as well or leave those in situ?

The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
carlosbarrios

04 Monster S4R__________ 74 CB550 Cafe Racer

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 01:04:35 PM »

On my 04 S4R, the only way to remove the udder was to remove the front cyl header.  Just make sure you don't strip the header studs!

Monstyr

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 11:34:24 AM »

Well that went easier than expected, the front header had to be undone and pulled off and then it was just matter of levering it downward gently.
The bonus being that the broken bolt was easy to remove too.

I was dreading the prospect of having to undo the rear header and am glad it wasn't necessary.Hoorray for stainless exhaust systems,if that were mild I would probably still be out on the garage cursing.

The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: