Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 09:29:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: canon digital camera 4sale  (Read 6173 times)
♣ McKraut ♣

touched by his noodly appendage

« on: May 22, 2008, 02:22:39 PM »

so....there's a bit of backstory here, i'll do my best to explain without being confusing.  earlier today i bought a new digital camera, so that i would have a camera for the HC trip next week.  why did i have to buy a new camera you ask?  did i not already have a digital camera, the same model as George you're wondering?  you are correct!  i do have that camera.  but where is it you ask?  well, you see, i dated a very cute, but equally pregnant dogy spiteful girl a while back, and had taken the camera (at her request) with me one day to see a BUTTERFLY exhibit with her; she did not have a camera with which to take pictures.  so i did comply.  and then we did very much break up shortly thereafter....but the said camera was still located in her apartment, with pretty pictures of butterflies still on it.  pictures she wasn't even able to retain for herself, because she a) has no computer to read the memory card, and b) has no cable to transfer the pics from the camera.  fast forward about three months, and she is now just getting to the point where she is going to send it to me....but she will more than likely wait until mid next week, because then i would not receive it in time, and happiness would be hers.  so, i bought another camera.  screw her.  (i will pass up the opportunity for gutter humor

so anyway, that brings me to the description of this camera.  it is a canon powershot SD630, 6 megapixel.  for those of you that have hung out much around george have no doubt seen the same camera, as that is what he uses also.  the camera is in great shape, though does have some normal wear/tear (it's about a year old i think)...but no complaints from me.  i still have the box for it somewhere i think, and the cables for it, charger, etc., and i think i have a 1GB memory card (or maybe it's 2GB) (SD) in it right now that you can have.  you can also have any naked pics of the girl that might still be on it!!   waytogo  bonus.  i'm not wanting too much for it; i mostly figure someone out there could use a camera that's good for throwing in a pocket for a trip on the bike or to the bar, or both.  so...just let me know if you're interested.

here's a link to a very detailed review of the camera from Steve's digicams:  http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/sd630.html

2001 M600 Dark  2005 S2R Dark  2001 M750  1996 900 SS/SP  2005 S4R
-  Dallas, TX
caffeinejunkee

'07 M695--sold; red '96 900SS CR; '04 Busa--sold

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 02:28:45 PM »

waytogo Yea, it's really thin and can fit just about anywhere. I keep mine in my pocket with no problem. The thing has a bunch of effects goodies to boot along with video capability.

It's a great camera, love mine.

dallas2r

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 02:31:50 PM »

well, you see, i dated a very cute, but equally pregnant dogy spiteful girl a while back, and had taken the camera (at her request) with me one day to see a BUTTERFLY exhibit with her;

...SCREEEEEECCHHHHHH.  Hold on a sec! ummm... a butterfly exhibit? I'm all for the beauty of nature, but it would be remiss of me not to point out the Sweet Teardrop Gayness of this scenario. Did you paint each others toenails too?  laughingdp  Grin

2007 Monster S2R1000
2016 Multistrada 1200S Touring/Urban

A motorcycle will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no motorcycle. -Unknown
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 02:39:25 PM »

But, was she hot?

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
caffeinejunkee

'07 M695--sold; red '96 900SS CR; '04 Busa--sold

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 02:41:17 PM »

Did you paint each others toenails too?  laughingdp  Grin

I sure hope that's not what the naked pic's are all about.... Tongue

laughingdp

Oh, I forgot to mention that it has a killer macro setting for a point-and-shoot:

No butterflies on this elephant hunt. Wink

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 04:35:20 PM by caffeinejunkee » Logged
LYD

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 02:41:50 PM »

...SCREEEEEECCHHHHHH.  Hold on a sec! ummm... a butterfly exhibit? I'm all for the beauty of nature, but it would be remiss of me not to point out the Sweet Teardrop Gayness of this scenario. Did you paint each others toenails too?  laughingdp  Grin
laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

RIP cdc

01 900 monster
01 748
02 900ss (trackbike)
12 1200s Multistrada
never2loud
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 03:38:38 PM »

Butterflies

Riiiii-ght  Evil

"Did ya' hear that?  We're usin' code names..."

Unfortunately, we've already got a digital camera, but I'll check around and see if anyone we know needs one.
calscrazy

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 06:26:01 PM »

i am not allowed to use ours. so i am a no. the little string on the end got me at the autoroma. i spinning it around my finger and it just broke and i brought home a pocket full of pieces. lucky it didn't hit nothing but the floor. WOW! was my wife p'd

home will always be between the red and rio!!!
2007 m695 errr recently passed away
♣ McKraut ♣

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 06:40:35 PM »

WHOA.

whoa.

whoa.

whoa.

whoa.

okay...i tell you what.  i will personally load a pic of her on the card for whomever buys it!  how's that for butterflies and STG?  that's what i thought.

oh, btw will, can i bum a ride to ron's place next thursday around 12noon?  kthx.

-  Dallas, TX
fastwin
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 06:47:24 PM »

Rich, you didn't tell me she was kin to my ex-wife. Tongue
♣ McKraut ♣

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 06:52:42 PM »

I sure hope that's not what the naked pic's are all about.... Tongue
laughingdp
Oh, I forgot to mention that it has a killer macro setting for a point-and-shoot:
No butterflies on this elephant hunt. Wink

i'm still finding those elephants on my bike...i've thought about getting a couple classy Cagiva decals...but i think you need to order in bulk from tapeworks to make it worth your while....

oh, did i mention she has big boobs?  just checking.

-  Dallas, TX
dallas2r

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 08:16:30 PM »

WHOA.

whoa.

whoa.

whoa.

whoa.

okay...i tell you what.  i will personally load a pic of her on the card for whomever buys it!  how's that for butterflies and STG?  that's what i thought.

oh, btw will, can i bum a ride to ron's place next thursday around 12noon?  kthx.

ummm... I'd personally feel a lot better about you riding cupcake if I had evidence of past heterosexual-ness. Namely pictures of this so-called hottie.  laughingdp

I'll give you a ride, but only if you put a butterfly sticker on your helmet.  Grin

2007 Monster S2R1000
2016 Multistrada 1200S Touring/Urban

A motorcycle will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no motorcycle. -Unknown
cdc

my superbike. nutts someone copied my avatar.

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 02:32:42 AM »

MACRO SETTING?  ...of naked "butterflies"... did I miss something here?

Wish I had a cool macro setting on my digital camera.

cdc
♣ McKraut ♣

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 07:03:02 AM »

But, was she hot?

i thought so.  but then i don't go for the "dallas girl" look.....

-  Dallas, TX
Ronr

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 09:17:56 AM »

MACRO SETTING?  ...of naked "butterflies"... did I miss something here?

Wish I had a cool macro setting on my digital camera.

cdc

This model has the Clothing Eject button.  It's a must have
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: