Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 05:23:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Change to 14 tooth sprocket....  (Read 5312 times)
Ducgirl

Racing Red 696 re-mapped w/Termi's & Marchesinis

« on: August 27, 2009, 07:06:19 PM »

Hi... I just had my front sprocket changed to a 14 and it's much better. Much smoother in the lower gears so I would recommend it for sure. Now I just have to get used to jumping into traffic. Things aren't too bad here as we live in the mountains, but we have a lot of tourists on the road in the summer months. Smiley
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 07:40:48 PM »

Glad to hear it's going well! waytogo

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
No_Normale

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 08:55:21 PM »

applause Yay! I did the same thing but still am running lean due to the addition of Arrow pipes! Just need to change out my ecu- just saving that until the funds are saved!
maillotpois

Faster on my Merckx

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 06:01:56 AM »

I'm planning to do that when I go in for my next service - I think it is at 6 or 7000 miles so I still have about 1k to go.  Glad to hear you're happy with it and out riding!

My hovercraft is full of eels.
ducgrl

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 07:56:31 AM »

I was thinking of changing the sprocket too.  After hearing the result, it's now on my next to do list.   waytogo

2008 S2R1000
2011 Harley Davidson V-Rod Muscle
victor441

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 06:26:44 PM »

Hi... I just had my front sprocket changed to a 14 and it's much better. Much smoother in the lower gears so I would recommend it for sure. Now I just have to get used to jumping into traffic. Things aren't too bad here as we live in the mountains, but we have a lot of tourists on the road in the summer months. Smiley

yep, heartily agree, did mine a week ago and riding is waaay better and 6th gear is now much more usable too.  FWIW it was an easy DIY job on my 800 as the sprocket is retained by two small bolts and a plate, would be a bit more difficult on Monsters that use a single large nut to retain the sprocket
Ducgirl

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 07:28:57 PM »

Great! Soooo much smoother getting off in first.... Smiley
roxy696

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 03:19:06 PM »

My list seems to be getting longer and longer!! Now, set of termis, rearset, adjustable levers (the oxford heated hand grips are that bit thicker than the originals) and now a new sproket.  All this for a bike that I am already happy with but she is here to stay so I shall now live on rice alone until I can get it all (only joking) I think this will take me a while, the termis are next to come so fingers crossed I have a new pic early next year.  Thanks for the inspiration (I think). waytogo

Happy rides
Nic
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 04:10:12 PM »

It's funny, I finally got my 14-tooth changed back to 15-tooth (I had it stock for 10k and 14t for 10k) and I'm so much happier with my bike.  Wink waytogo

Ducgirl

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 04:56:10 PM »

Interesting....it's much easier for me with the 14.Maybe when your learning it's much more forgivable especially in first gear. Makes it smoother for me. Grin
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 09:26:44 AM »

I think if you do a lot of city riding (stopping and starting) you will prefer the 14t sprocket, certainly most people on this board do.

Most of my riding is twisty and/or freeway and I prefer not having to shift so much while in the twisties and I like having the higher top end on the freeway, plus my bike runs a bit hotter with the 14t sprocket on.

Ducgirl

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 10:00:50 AM »

That's really interesting because I have noticed how warm the bike gets especially in temps in the 80's. I wonder if that 14 does make a difference....I sure do like it better tho. I'm not doing a lot of city or slow traffic riding but speeds not too fast because of learning... maybe that has a lot to do with it also. Roll Eyes
ducgrl

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 10:06:30 AM »

My list seems to be getting longer and longer!! Now, set of termis, rearset, adjustable levers (the oxford heated hand grips are that bit thicker than the originals) and now a new sproket.  All this for a bike that I am already happy with but she is here to stay so I shall now live on rice alone until I can get it all (only joking) I think this will take me a while, the termis are next to come so fingers crossed I have a new pic early next year.  Thanks for the inspiration (I think). waytogo

Happy rides
Nic

laughingdp  The list will continue to get longer.  I've had several mods done over the summer.  My baby will be going in for cosmetic work and some more mods this Nov.  It never ends.    cheeky

2008 S2R1000
ducgrl

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 10:09:11 AM »

Somegirl and Ducgirl:  What temp are you running?   I feel like my bike is running high and I have a 14T too.

2008 S2R1000
Ducgirl

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 04:40:11 PM »

Ducgrl... it's raining here so I'm not riding right now..(kind of a wimp) as soon as the weather clears I'm going out and I will watch the gauge to see what the temp reads... coffee
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: