Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 07:48:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For NYC Locals: TODAY!!!!!! Please go vote for John Liu for NYC Comptroller  (Read 1721 times)
Grrrly

Industrial Grrrl

« on: September 28, 2009, 02:25:43 PM »

TODAY is the runoff election of NYC Comptroller.  If you want someone that is sympathetic to motorcyclists please vote for John Liu. I'm sure there will be a low voter turn out, so your vote will definitely count!!!!!!!!!

he was the chair of the transportation committee on the NYC Council.  John Liu quickly removed his name as a sponsor of 416A when approached by representatives of the NYC Motorcycle community.  Yassky refuses to meet on the issue, and kept his name as a sponsor!!!

Also you should know that Peter Vallone has now Introduced a new proposed bill that will make it illegal to sell a motorcycle without EPA labels.  He doesn't distinguish motorcycles that are not registered for the street (track/race), or the year of the motorcycle, even a moped would fit in his definition of a motorcycle.
"any motor vehicle with a saddle and no more than 3 wheels contacting the ground).    Put a motor on your Big Wheel and that sucker better have an EPA exhaust!!!!

It is apparent that there are members of the City Council that just despise motorcycles and will continue to introduce legislation intended to ban motorcycles from NYC.

We need to help elect officials that RIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 01:54:26 PM by IndustrialGrrrl » Logged

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 02:53:04 PM »

Edit: The last time i voted was for the presidential elections. Can I just show up to my assigned voting center and vote?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 02:55:10 PM by He Man » Logged

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Grrrly

Industrial Grrrl

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 03:11:23 PM »

yes

JasonV

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 03:51:16 AM »

Congrats, he won overwhelmingly.

2009 696 Monster, CF Termi's, Hindsight LS CRG's, (yes that's it, have a lot of catching up to you guys...)
GLantern

08 Red 1098, 07 DRZ400S

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 07:51:58 AM »

Congrats, he won overwhelmingly.

Great to hear  waytogo

"Just ride and never ever look back"

www.suspectsunlimited.com
Grrrly

Industrial Grrrl

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 05:10:22 PM »

yes he won!  AND he knows that members of the motorcycle community came out for him!  Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: