Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 07:35:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: San Antonio?  (Read 3822 times)
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« on: May 24, 2008, 01:31:03 PM »

Didn't know where hill country really is, or whether more folks here or DFW locals would be the ones to ask....

Going to be in San Antonio for a conference next week.  Family will be there (not a solo trip).   Any place I should not miss for food etc?

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
Pedro-bot

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 01:53:01 PM »

Rosarios on Alamo st, downtown near the King Williams area. Great vibe and good Mexican food.

1999 M750 AKA Little Blue Monster, 2002 S4, 2006 Sport 1000, 2008 Sport 1000, 2005 749s, 2018 R NineT Urban GS
El Matador
Do I need knee pucks for my

'06 S2R1K, '07 695 - Sold, '99 996 - Sold, '04 Hurricane Project

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 05:20:24 PM »

Make sure to take a night out just you and the missus and hit the riverwalk... It is the most fun yo be had there IMHO

wcw

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 06:34:12 PM »

I live here... Let me know what kind of food you're interested in or ambience.  I've a multitude of suggestions as I always look for new places to go and at 40yrs I've experienced a lot them Wink 

Diavel Carbon Red
factorPlayer

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 07:43:13 PM »

Man you were out forever there - I was about to post up a "what the hell happened to Statler" thread and here you pop up in my own local board  Grin

funny you should ask, the annual hill country run is going on this weekend and some will be around san antonio that night, but probably not in any condition to be seen by family  Wink

can't go wrong with Riverwalk... always something but might be a little crowded....
hiero

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 08:55:43 PM »

Man you were out forever there - I was about to post up a "what the hell happened to Statler" thread and here you pop up in my own local board  Grin

funny you should ask, the annual hill country run is going on this weekend and some will be around san antonio that night, but probably not in any condition to be seen by family  Wink

can't go wrong with Riverwalk... always something but might be a little crowded....

+1, a BUNCH of us from all around texas will be 'near' SA this coming weekend, sounds like we may not get a chance to meet up, but we'll be close! 

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
MurDuc

2003 M1000S

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 09:35:21 AM »

What actual dates does your visit cover?

Master of Suds / LSD - Department of Hooliganism
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 03:02:23 PM »

I'll be coming in Wednesday afternoon and leaving Monday.   G is there already for a medical conference.   We'll have the laptop so I'll post up when there too.

Mostly looking for some good southwest eats as that's what is hardest to find here.   

Thanks, guys.

Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 12:15:17 PM »

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!  IT'S A CAM INVASION!!!  laughingdp  Yes, Chris, I'm here, too.  I'm visiting family this week in Austin and will be leaving on Sunday.  I'm going to be getting together with some local Ducatisti tomorrow evening.  I realize it's a bit far for you, but that's where I'll be.   drink

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
hiero

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 01:28:36 PM »

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!  IT'S A CAM INVASION!!!  laughingdp  Yes, Chris, I'm here, too.  I'm visiting family this week in Austin and will be leaving on Sunday.  I'm going to be getting together with some local Ducatisti tomorrow evening.  I realize it's a bit far for you, but that's where I'll be.   drink

i dunno, austin's only about an hour drive out from SA

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 01:50:56 PM »

i dunno, austin's only about an hour drive out from SA

Yeah, and he's been known to be at Rhodeside on a few occasions, which is 2 hours away from where he lives.  Soooo... Statler, you gonna make it tomorrow night?  Would Gwendy be there?

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 03:23:08 PM »

I just got to the hotel.  Need tequila.

I think we're likely staying really local for this trip.

G is finishing up her conference and is ready to relax, and she hasn't seen A for five days so she needs some kid play time.

Heading for food.  Will say hello later when I'm settled (post traumatic two-year-old flying).

C

factorPlayer

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 04:54:41 PM »

hey Chris we'd certainly be glad to have you if you could make it up to Austin  Grin

if you can swing it, know that you'll be more than welcome  waytogo
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 06:32:16 PM »

hey Chris we'd certainly be glad to have you if you could make it up to Austin  Grin

if you can swing it, know that you'll be more than welcome  waytogo

cool, thanks.

We'll see how the day progresses tomorrow...evening plans may change/open up. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: