Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 17, 2024, 11:14:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 104   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Craigslist and Ebay Deals  (Read 250917 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #720 on: October 09, 2011, 02:51:19 AM »

This has a potential of a rather nasty Frankenstein 848 that could surprise some 1198's.

To make it even nastier, find a way to replace the bodywork/lights with skins from a 748.  Then you'd really raise a few eyebrows. 

Evil

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #721 on: October 09, 2011, 07:49:21 AM »

True. Then I might even be able to see the road at night.  Cheesy

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #722 on: October 10, 2011, 08:30:09 AM »

I don't need to go off on a 1098 engine project. Got a ride on Majdi's 1198 over the weekend and while that is a super nice bike I don't think the amount of power increase warrants the expense & time that such a project would consume. To be sure the big engine is faster and yanks harder but for my style of riding there isn't a justifiable difference. I thought there would be that epiphany like I experienced when I went from the 900 Monster to the 999. I guess I've gotten so used to the 848 power that the next jump up isn't as earthshaking.

Plus there may be something a bit odd about the deal. When I called the guy about the engine he had to ask which engine because he has six engines for sale.  Roll Eyes The 1098 & a bunch of I4's. Hmmmm......... I thought it would be more like he had a 1098 which was totalled and he was parting it out.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #723 on: October 10, 2011, 08:31:43 AM »

Did he speak with a Vietnamese accent?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #724 on: October 10, 2011, 09:11:19 PM »

Almost no accent at all.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #725 on: October 10, 2011, 09:51:12 PM »

Got a ride on Majdi's 1198 over the weekend

How did Majdi like your 848?

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #726 on: October 11, 2011, 09:55:36 PM »

That would be answered best by Majdi...........

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #727 on: October 12, 2011, 02:29:58 AM »

That would be answered best by Majdi...........

You're probably right on that... Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #728 on: October 12, 2011, 08:46:04 AM »

See I liked his bike just fine. Actually, more than fine. Mine might handle a hair quicker but that would be a fine hair and might only be due to overall weight, a slight diff in suspension set up and tires. His bike actually seems less hot on the butt & legs than Emile's 1198. Definitely has more power than mine but it's not an outrageous difference. I think the BMW S1000RR seems faster due to the noise at high rpm and because of the different power rush at the higher revs. All things being equal if I were to choose between my bike and an 1198 again I'd get the 1198 just cause it's that little bit better. Am I sad because I have an 848? Not in any way. I'm totally good with it.  Dolph

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #729 on: October 13, 2011, 02:04:36 AM »

I LOVE Rick's 848...for the personalized looks and suspension setup.  I felt the bike flicked into the corner faster w/ less input and held a more predictable line much better than mine...at least it gave me more confidence.  It sounds strange, but the handling felt like a light road bike (bicycle) instead a ~400 lbs motorcycle (even though it's only ~11lbs lighter than the 1198).   

I'll take Rick's advice to change tires...and will try the Q2's when it's time for new shoes.  Meanwhile, I'm keeping my eyes open for a reasonably priced & used Ohlins rear-shock (off of an 1198S) and will have Dan Kyle revalve/respring.   

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #730 on: October 21, 2011, 01:09:21 PM »

MadDuck...another one for BME's collection?

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/mcy/2634224703.html

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #731 on: October 21, 2011, 01:42:19 PM »

Damn!!  How many of those things are there on the island?

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #732 on: October 21, 2011, 03:04:12 PM »

Damn!!  How many of those things are there on the island?

at least two...

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #733 on: October 21, 2011, 03:50:38 PM »

at least two...

laughingdp laughingdp

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #734 on: October 21, 2011, 09:23:42 PM »

MadDuck...another one for BME's collection?

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/mcy/2634224703.html

Already looked at that one, more for myself than BME, but it is very rough. That bike has lived more than it's fair share of life outside up the windward coast and then spent time on the KBay lemon lot. It was covered in corrosion for a while, so bad that the clutch had to be replaced. The guy that is selling it now got a lot of it off but you can still see pits all over the frame.  Sad  The tank has two scratches & there's chips in rear wheel white paint.  He wants at least $6500 by tomorrow or he's shipping it to Pennsylvania......... Aloha.......

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 104   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: