Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 07:33:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 119   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UFC/MMA (...SPOILERS WILL BE POSTED)  (Read 251743 times)
Vindingo

02' 620 Dirty

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 06:12:37 PM »

I don't know.  Faber's a young ball of fury but I'm wary of betting against experience.  To a point anyway.  Pulver's getting up there for a fighter but he looks ready for this fight.

I guess we will see tonight!  It is live on the VS network if you've got it. 
metallimonster

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 06:48:09 PM »

As  a big fan of MMA and someone who constantly defends the sport I would have to say that Saturday's Elite XC show hurt the sport instead of helping it.  I am all for MMA being on broadcast tv and something like 4 million people watched it.  I just wish they would have put on a better show.  The production was horrible and why did they announce the fighters before they walked to ring and when they got to the ring?  You can see why Dana White said no f-ing deal when CBS offered the UFC the contact.  The last two fights had very questionable calls.  What a load of BS.  Some of the fights were good and I wish Gina Carrano would fight more.  I love to watch her fight.

Hopefully people are finally getting sick of dumb@$$ Kimbo Slice.  I agree with Vindingo.  They should have called the figt at the end of the second round when Kimbo was eating elbows to the side of the head. I can't wait to see him fight a real MMA fighter and not some washed up old dudes or a guy like Thompson who is known for getting knocked-out.  He even got in a verbal altercation with Brett Rodgers (a real fighter by the way) at the press conference.  I would love to see that fight.  At some point they are going to have to throw someone good his way and he is going to get destroyed.  Brock Lesnar has less fights them he does and would completely dominate him.

I guess that is enough pregnant doging for me.  Glad to see this thread on here.

Wherever I May Roam, Where I Lay My Head Is Home
02 620 Dark- High Mount CF Arrows
DCXCV

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 07:27:16 PM »

I don't watch a whole lot of MMA but those last two fights were really weak.  If you have to keep the fights civil and not too ugly in order to put them on broadcast TV then maybe broadcast should just stay out of that sport.  While the fight itself was good, they didn't even follow their own protocol in calling the middleweight bout.  And Kimbo needs to stick with the youtube morons.

"I tend to ride faster when I can't see where I'm going. Everything works out better that way." -- Colin Edwards
Vindingo

02' 620 Dirty

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 07:45:05 PM »

SPOILER!!!!

I don't know.  Faber's a young ball of fury but I'm wary of betting against experience.  To a point anyway.  Pulver's getting up there for a fighter but he looks ready for this fight.

I think you were dead on with the ball or fury vs experiance.  Pulver also has an iron jaw!!!  I think Faber was just way too fast and well conditioned.  His stand up was WAY better than expected.  It was a VERY exciting fight, with Faber the obvious victor. 
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 07:48:25 PM »

That was a great fight.   applause applause

The Mexican fighting too before the Faber fight..that was good too!

I don't care for Vs. Channel too much though. 

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
Vindingo

02' 620 Dirty

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 10:16:45 PM »

Matt Hughes vs Thiago Alves

Fabricio Werdum vs Brandon Vera

Nate Quary vs Pete Sell
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2008, 05:36:26 AM »

Links not working

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Vindingo

02' 620 Dirty

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2008, 02:21:47 PM »

try this one...

http://www.mmatko.com/matt-hughes-vs-thiago-alves-fight-video-ufc-85-bedlam/#more-1588
metallimonster

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2008, 08:26:19 AM »

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the Griffin/Rampage fight coming up this weekend.  I watched the whole season of TUF and thought the whole time that Forrest was taking the fight more serious than Rampage.  I would love to see Forrest pull off the upset but it is going to be very difficult.  I do think that he presents a couple of bad matchups for Rampage like his height and of course his chin.  Should be a great fight and would be an awesome win for Forrest. 

Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2008, 08:32:48 AM »

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the Griffin/Rampage fight coming up this weekend.  I watched the whole season of TUF and thought the whole time that Forrest was taking the fight more serious than Rampage.  I would love to see Forrest pull off the upset but it is going to be very difficult.  I do think that he presents a couple of bad matchups for Rampage like his height and of course his chin.  Should be a great fight and would be an awesome win for Forrest. 
I watched too. Personally my favorite season so far. I like Rampage better now having seen his humor. As for the fight?... Rampage is a beast, but Forrest just gets tougher the more you beat on him. Ultimately it's a hard fight to call but only a puss would say to close to call. So I'll take Forrest, besides being unbelievably tough, he also is constantly working his weakest points to make himself a better fight. + he's prolly my fav fighter even since his season on TUF.  popcorn

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2008, 08:40:06 AM »

Rampage was funny as h*ll!  He will be all business when he gets to the fight though and I think he'll win after a long fight.  It was a good psych out for Forest with his team winning all those fights this season.  He has really come a long way since he was on TUF.  Unfortunately, I'll be on the road so I won't be able to see it.  

Speaking of TUF..I can't believe Jesse threw it all away before the finals!!   Huh? Roll Eyes  WTF!!  At least Dana gave him a chance to go home, clean himself up and give him a call in the future.

Also, CB needs to go back to Tempe and work on his BJJ a little more.  I'm sure he'll be back in UFC soon.  It was good to see him knocked down a peg before the finals and then a few more after!!   Evil  I would have never picked Amir at the beginning of the season to win.  He had a good heart though!!        

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
metallimonster

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2008, 10:19:17 AM »

I really liked this season of TUF also.  It was a shame to see Jesse Taylor mess up but hopefully he will clean his act up.  As for CB, I tended to hate him on the show but if you go to www.mmajunkie.com  he had a blog there and was very smart and articulate.  He stated that he was ashamed of the way he acted  after the TUF Finale.   I think he will be a very good fighter but has a lot to work on.  His striking was good but even the punches he landed squarely did not seem to hurt people.  Although Amir is kind of a freak and can really take a beating.

I just can't wait until Saturday for this fight.   Know one thought Forrest had a chance in his last fight and he destroyed Rua who many think is one of the best light-heavyweights in the world.  I think his heart and chin along with his jitz skills get him the win in the late 4th round.

+1 on Rampage's cleverness.  He made me laugh out loud a few times this season.  When the dude got knocked out and was asking people if the fight was real or practise and Rampage said "He asked me and I didn't know what to say so I walked away."  also when he was talking about the poster of the frog being ate by a pelican and the frog was choking it right back.  Never give Up.  what a funny dude.

Sinister

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2008, 10:45:39 AM »

I think this is a very tough test for Forrest to pass.  I'm taking Rampage.  Forrest has been training with Wanderlei 'The Axe Murderer' Silva, at Extreme Couture, which will help.  However, Rampage is tough and will come to fight 5 long rounds; Forrest has never fought a 5 round championship fight.  I don't see a decision, on this one; it's KO or TKO. 

"...but without a smiley, some people might think that sentence makes you look like a homophobic, inbred prick. I'm mean, it might leave the impression that you're a  douchebag or a dickhead, or maybe you need to get your head out of your ass."  DrunkenMonkey

"...any government that thinks war is somehow fair and subject to rules like a baseball game probably should not get into one." - Marcus Luttrell
metallimonster

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2008, 10:51:57 AM »

I think this is a very tough test for Forrest to pass.  I'm taking Rampage.  Forrest has been training with Wanderlei 'The Axe Murderer' Silva, at Extreme Couture, which will help.  However, Rampage is tough and will come to fight 5 long rounds; Forrest has never fought a 5 round championship fight.  I don't see a decision, on this one; it's KO or TKO. 

I agree that this one will not go to decision.  Wanderlei has beat Rampage twice and both were very bad knockouts, remember the one where Rampage fell throught the ropes?  Maybe he can give Forrest some kind of intangible. Anything can happen though.  It wouldn't surprise me if Rampage knocks him out in 30 secs which he is very capable of doing.  I like both guys so I just want to see the best fight.  Even though Forrest hasn't fought a 5 round fight yet he is legendary already for his cardio.

dropstharockalot
Sex-Toy Bludgeonin'

The Teabaggin' Dragon

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2008, 12:58:07 PM »

Rampage, by "whup-that-ass."

TKO in the second due to strikes from the mount.  Griffin's a good wrestler with good BJJ, but his only true defining characteristic is his ability to take a extrordinary beating and outlast the other guy.

That won't be happening with Rampage.

The rest of the card is kinda meh...

Patrick Cote  Vs. Ricardo Almeida Uh, who?
Joe Stevenson Vs. Gleison Tibau Joe Daddy by G'n'P
Josh Koscheck Vs. Chris Lytle Zzzzzzzzz... unless Lytle can clock him one.  War Lytle!
Tyson Griffin Vs. Marcus Aurelio  Good time to replenish the drinks, grab a sammich...
Gabriel Gonzaga Vs. Justin McCully  Gonzo to KO fat Tito clone, film at eleven.
Jorge Gurgel  Vs. Cole Miller Shot fighter vs. the unworthy TUF alum... give it to Miller
Melvin Guillard Vs. Dennis Siver Melvin!  Sell me an 8-ball, dawg!
Corey Hill Vs. Justin Buchholz Corey is a freak... I wonder if he can roll yet.  Corey to win by strikes.

'96 M900
Stage One - K&N Pods- DynaCoils - Remus Ti Hi-mount pipes (dented) -Thrashed paint - dented tank - Oberon bar-ends
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 119   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: