Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 10:52:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10/24/2009 Monster Women ride in the SF Bay Area  (Read 9009 times)
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« on: October 13, 2009, 05:39:30 PM »

From the discussion here: http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=6192.msg532012#msg532012

Who is interested in doing a women's ride in the bay area?

1st ride is Oct. 24 (if the weather cooperates).

Long route
Meet at Skywood Trading Post across the street from Alice's Restaurant at the 35/84 junction at 8:30 am, kickstands up at 8:57 am.

From the bakery in Pescadero we could either take Stage to 84 (shown) back to the start or take Pescadero Rd to 84 (or if you want to get goatish we could take Pescadero to Alpine to 35).

For anyone wanting a shorter ride, you could meet us at the bakery in Pescadero probably sometime around 11:30 (take 1 > Pescadero to get there) and then finish the ride with us.

In
somegirl
maillotpois
mostrobelle
Princess

On the fence
EjGlows
ducnymph

Interested for a later date
ro-monster
duqette
BikerGoddess
mbalmer
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 02:01:02 PM by somegirl » Logged

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
maillotpois

Faster on my Merckx

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 06:35:35 AM »

I'm in!  Thanks for posting this!   waytogo

My hovercraft is full of eels.
ro-monster

mmmmonsterz...

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 09:13:36 AM »

I'd love to go but my poor bike has been sitting unridden for ages and probably won't be ready to go in 10 days as I just moved into a new place and don't have time to deal with getting it roadworthy. I'm just barely roadworthy myself now! Who knew a broken shoulder would take 9 months to heal?

1998 M900
1996 Suzuki DR650
EjGlows

'05 s2r 800

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 10:02:20 AM »

Hey Paula,

Thanks so much for the invite!  I'm (again) 3 months post-op on shoulder surgery from my accident last Dec and am just starting now to get back on two wheels.  How long is this proposed ride?  I went out for an 1 1/2 last weekend and hit my limit.  Any proposed routes?

I've really got to be careful...4th time HAS to be the charm...

Cheers,

e
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 10:13:57 AM »

Thanks so much for the invite!  I'm (again) 3 months post-op on shoulder surgery from my accident last Dec and am just starting now to get back on two wheels.  How long is this proposed ride?  I went out for an 1 1/2 last weekend and hit my limit.  Any proposed routes?

I figured we would see who was interested and figure out a length / route based on that.  Maybe we can do something with both long and short versions so people can choose?

Sending healthy shoulder vibes to you and ro!

mostrobelle

1994 M900, in red, of course...

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 10:24:58 AM »

Probably in.   waytogo

94,500 miles...05/22/15
Princess
1.5 hrs from Laguna Seca

:( broke a nail doing a wheelie the other day :(

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 10:27:06 AM »

hey girls! Really sorry I've been hiding in my cave the rest of the summer. Just dealing with some crap as usual and my mood has been up and down lately - i think a nice ride would probably be good for my psyche. Just lemme know the details.

.... Princess ....

p.s. anyone doing any halloween parties? I got a cool set up I wanna wear *somewhere*

mostrobelle

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 11:40:34 AM »

p.s. anyone doing any halloween parties? I got a cool set up I wanna wear *somewhere*

I'm wearing my "wings" on this ride.   laughingdp  I wear them every year when I commute on Halloween.  I won't be commuting around the big day this time, so y'all get to see them on this ride.   cheeky

94,500 miles...05/22/15
ducnymph

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 11:41:26 AM »

Hi Somegirl,

I'd love to go on a ride with a bunch of monster gals, but with my school schedule, work and a tall order of things I'm doing to prepare myself for a career change, I don't have a whole lotta time to ride  Sad

I'll keep checking this thread and see when you guys decide to go and if I can I'll jump on. I certainly could use the reprieve!

Ex: 09 monster 696 pearl white
Current: 05 Yamaha R6
maillotpois

Faster on my Merckx

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 12:39:07 PM »

Routes - I think either Marin or Pescadero area would be great.  Whatever works for most people.  Having a bakery en route is always a plus.  (My favorite right now is Wild flour in Freestone - we could go up the coast, hitting Tomales or Bovine on the way and do a nice optional longer Coleman Valley/Occidental loop that would get us there http://ridewithgps.com/routes/11293 ).

My hovercraft is full of eels.
duqette

Does this bike make my butt look fast?

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 04:07:05 PM »

I've got several mom-related things going on that weekend, so I'm out. Thanks for the invite and the organizational prowess!

"Youth is wasted on the young." --GB Shaw
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 07:25:28 PM »

I just updated the first post with the current list of participants.

North bay is fine by me if you guys want, although that seems to be where most of the local group rides have been lately.  In that case I'll defer to your route recommendations.

Peninsula is good for me too, I know it very well and I can come up with all sorts of different route options.

Any preferences?

BikerGoddess
Mrs. Desmoquattro

Weeds are my job security.

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 07:31:49 PM »

I would love to but DQ and I have something planned for that day already. Any other dates?

2008 Aprilia Scarabeo 200
mostrobelle

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 08:02:56 PM »

I just updated the first post with the current list of participants.

North bay is fine by me if you guys want, although that seems to be where most of the local group rides have been lately.  In that case I'll defer to your route recommendations.

Peninsula is good for me too, I know it very well and I can come up with all sorts of different route options.

Any preferences?

It's your ride.  Where you wanna go?   Grin  I haven't ridden S. Bay in a while.

94,500 miles...05/22/15
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 09:18:12 PM »

It's your ride.  Where you wanna go?   Grin  I haven't ridden S. Bay in a while.

Good enough, South Bay it is, with a stop at the bakery in Pescadero for maillotpois. Cool  I'll play around with some different route options and post up later.

I would love to but DQ and I have something planned for that day already. Any other dates?

Seems like there is enough interest to do another one on a later date. waytogo

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: