Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 03:27:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Survivalists  (Read 5622 times)
gojira

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 05:42:52 AM »

Just find some  dead bodies and CANNABILIZE THEM!!!!!  coffee flesh and tea.  chug cheers!

Personally, as a NYC resident, there would need to be a zombie crisis for anyone person to own a firearm (for the sake of having one).
And what would i eat? Squirrels and city pigeons, of course that is after THE FLESH OF A THOUSAND MEN! muahaha

Soylent Green IS PEOPLE !!!

gojira

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 05:58:47 AM »

Yeah these guys are nutso. Tinfoil hat certified. Heavy duty at that.

What makes anyone so informed that they are authoritative on predicting outright doom and gloom? Do they have economics backgrounds? Read all the academic journals to make informed decisions? Just what are their sources to make such conclusions? Watching Mad Max or the Road Warrior doesn't count. The global warming movement would be helped a great deal simply by Al Gore keeping his mouth shut from spewing all that hot air.

Well guess what ... I knew a fair amount of people from the Pacific NW that were caught up in that survivalist thinking because of a pending invasion of the Soviets or chaos from food shortages or the IRS becoming the next secret police throwing the Constitution out the window. They "prepared" all their lives ... and now they have all passed away never seeing anything they expected to happen. They wasted all that energy on something that they focused so much of their lives towards. These people are doing the same thing all over again ... same preparedness, but under a different banner; it was red before, now it's green.

Lesson: Don't take life too seriously. Enjoy it while lasts. Have a  drink

« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 06:09:45 AM by gojira » Logged
akmnstr
What a Handsome

The Puppy Killer

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 08:21:00 AM »

Here, we live on a fault line.  The biggest earthquake ever recorded in North America happened here back in 64.  More people would have died if more lived here at the time.  We know it will happen again some day.  My father-in-law is getting ready for the end, but he thinks it will come from avian flu.  We've also had big flu epidemics that killed off a large portion of the Native population.  In fact the Iditarod Sled Dog race follows the route of a historical serum run that was done with sled dogs in the early part of last century.  With all this history of disaster I have to say that I should be better prepared.  We did increase the size of our garden this year but that is about it.  If the big one hits I'll be depending on FEMA to come to my aid.  Now there is a scary thought. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 01:29:59 PM by akmnstr » Logged

"you may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas!!" Davey Crockett & AKmnstr

"An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men."
Charles Darwin

"I don't know what people expect when they meet me. They seem to be afraid that I'm going to piss in the potted palm and slap them on the ass." Marlon Brando
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 12:55:18 PM »

A pretty good, non-hysterical look at preparing for & coping with possible "troubles" is When All Hell Breaks Loose: Stuff You Need to Survive When Disaster Strikes by Cody Lundin. It's focused on coping and adaptation rather than stuff to buy. And a lot of the preparation outlined in the book -- water catchment, gardening, fuel efficiency, etc. -- makes sense here in Arizona even when the lights are on & the water is running.

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Drjones

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2008, 08:27:34 PM »

OMG the Y2K Bug will be the end of teh worldz!!  Wait, erm. Nevermind. 

I guess they haven't heard about the Bakken Oil Field yet.

"Live like no one else now, so that you can live like no one else tomorrow."

"Wealth is more often the result of a lifestyle of hard work, perseverance, planning, and, most of all, self discipline.”

"Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness."
Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 08:36:56 PM »

My SO is a pessimist.  She thinks the economy will collapse and that people will kill for food.  We have friends in Southern Oregon that farm, can, and raise chickens and rabbits for food.  Our plan is to go there in the event of the end of the world as we know it.  They do not have guns, so my contribution will be supplying the arms.  Our friend Kelly will also be there with hunting gear and large animal experience.

Otherwise, we will stay in the city, drive, eat shipped in food, and be happy in our ignorance!

My future ex husband's aunt sent his family, whom we were visiting over Christmas in 1999, 20 MREs for Christmas.  Ok, there were 7 of us staying there.  That would leave 3 meals for each of us and one starving bastard with only 2.  How was that supposed to last us through y2k?  She sent the grandparents 50 pounds of millet.  Huh?

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
Manny
Local Moderator

'06 MTS 1000ds S - sexier than ever

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 06:48:26 PM »

She sent the grandparents 50 pounds of billet.

Fixed. That's what you really need to make it through a good disaster.  Cheesy
mstevens
Monsterless

No Monster of my own, but my wife has an '09 696

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 06:50:32 PM »

She sent the grandparents 50 pounds of millet.  Huh?

I have personally eaten millet.

I can't imagine starving sufficiently to eat 50 pounds of it as long as we still had a cat or fenceposts left.

2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring (Rosso Anniversary Ducati)
2009 Ducati Monster 696 (Giallo Ducati) - Sold
2005 Ducati Monster 620 (Rosso Anniversary Ducati) - Sold
2005 Vespa LX-150 (Rosso Dragone) - First Bike Ever

Casa Suzana, vacation rental house in Cozumel, Mexico
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2008, 08:41:25 PM »

I can't imagine starving sufficiently to eat 50 pounds of it as long as we still had a cat or fenceposts left.

Idk, but I figure I'd be all set for a while. Not a lot of meat on the dogs but the gf is vegan, so I wouldn't have to share.

I can only imagine the dawning horror on her face when she realizes there's nothing left for me to cook 'cept her.  Evil

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2008, 10:53:24 PM »

Idk, but I figure I'd be all set for a while. Not a lot of meat on the dogs but the gf is vegan, so I wouldn't have to share.

I can only imagine the dawning horror on her face when she realizes there's nothing left for me to cook 'cept her.  Evil

not a lot of meat on me either Wink

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
mstevens
Monsterless

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2008, 11:05:46 AM »

Some a' them vegans is good eatin'.

somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2008, 11:32:30 AM »

Some a' them vegans is good eatin'.

I may have to stock up on some of that canned bacon, just in self-defense.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
m0t0g0th

.:GoneFeral:.

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2008, 11:49:34 AM »

i think the point of millet is bird lure, sprinkle a little and set back with a net.  because you've already eaten the cat there's no competition from it.  though i'd personally resist eating the cat, using the little bastard on a harness to bring down millet-lured birds because bird netting?  i don't have.

whee!  i figure anyone with camping gear needs to remember it's got a second purpose.  when the power goes out here (very rare, but once or twice this past year) i pull out the hand-crank lantern and geek out with it for a while, keeps the battery pack from totally dying to charge it occasionally (in the wall socket) and then play with it from time to time.

A red traffic light means:
  • Incoming missiles
  • Stop
  • You win! Speed through the intersection to claim your reward!
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2008, 12:47:40 PM »

Whaaa?

Canned bacon?!?

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
mstevens
Monsterless

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2008, 01:10:53 PM »

For lobbing at people's noggins, right? 'Cause that's the only apparent use for canned bacon.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: