Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 07:52:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Moto News: Just when you thought it was safe...  (Read 799 times)
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« on: October 15, 2009, 05:59:16 PM »

O.K. so this little tidbit is only "a rumour" but it is enough to give one... pause (or gas depending on your disposition) laughingdp

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/15/rumormill-volkswagen-interested-in-ducati-still/2#comments

The "Comments" section is interesting as well.  I personally think VW should buy Guzzi if they (VW) must have an Italian moto brand.  And just to play devil's advocate; How many Italian Motorcycle/Scooter brands can the world economy support anyway?  I mean there's Ducati, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi, Vespa, Piaggio (and I'm probably forgetting half a dozen... Derby? Benelli?)  

Maybe VW should buy several of these lesser-known brands and lump them all under one easily recognizeable/marketable brand name like Moto Guzzi.  

Who knows.  I think the fate of all sorts of smaller and/or marginal motorcycle manufacturers are un-decided.  I just hope Ducati can stay Ducati.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 06:04:41 PM by lisaboyd » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: