Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 20, 2024, 04:59:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shoei X-Eleven vs ?  (Read 4282 times)
Cucciolo

« on: May 25, 2008, 11:05:40 AM »

I am considering the Kagayama X-eleven. I read the review at webbikeworld and they rate it as the best helmet for ventilation. With the summer upon us with those 100 degree days.. I want to make sure that I have a helmet that will flow tons of air and will keep me cool. This helmet is pricey though.... any one has a good contender that may be a little easier on my wallet? waytogo
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 11:41:03 AM »

Did you take a look at the Shoei RF1000?

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Cucciolo

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 03:47:24 PM »

Did you take a look at the Shoei RF1000?
I owned one until 3 weeks ago.. Sold it with my old bike Sad I loved it and it had great airflow... that is really a great helmet, BUT the Xeleven has better airflow and now I am trying to avoid the option of buying an open face helmet by choosing THE full face that will make me sweat the least during the hot hot days.. therefore the Xeleven..
Kaveh

Dirka Dirka

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 04:31:19 PM »

I went from a shoei tz-1 to a shoei x-11.

The x-11 does have waaay more ventilation than my tz-1, but those are the only 2 helmets I've owned.  I don't know if this helps much  Undecided

Cucciolo

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 04:48:58 PM »

That helps! Thanks.... will an AGV compare to the Xeleven.. ?
COWBOY

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 06:58:49 PM »

I have an RF-1000 and an X-11.  The X-11 flows much more air most notably across the forehead/brow.

The AGV Ti, Arai RX7, Shark RSR2, Suomy Spec1R Extreme are all comparable helmets.  IMO the X11 flows more air than all of them but they're all nice (I've had all but the AGV at one point or another).

another nice difference between the RF1000 and the X-11 is that the liner is removable not just the cheek pads.  Makes cleaning or replacement much easier.

Ride safe.

2005 S2R -- Mods installed: DP termi full racing kit, ST4 Forks, S4R rear shock, 999 Radial Brake and Clutch MCs, 4 pot Brembo Calipers, 320mm Snowflake rotors, SBK Quick change carrier, 43T rear sproket, Tomaselli Clip Ons, Cyclecat Frame Sliders, ASV Levers, zero indicators, Supernova taillight
Cucciolo

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 07:26:23 PM »

Thanks cowboy!!  I just bought an Kagayama in Red with a white stripe for $435 including shipping on eBay. I thought it was a good deal.

I noticed that the top liner is removable too, not like my RF1000.. you are correct cowboy. THis makes it easier to fully clean the helmet and therefore won't care if I sweat too much in it, which is my main concern. Just today we had 85 degrees here in Nashville. I can't imagine what this summer will bring. Maybe 100 degrees.. I want to move to Socal so bad!!! you guys there have it ALL..  perfect weather, twisties , beaches, beautiful women, music.. I sick here in TN.. sorry for extending myself.. I'll go for a  drink now... waytogo
DoubleEagle

" If you are unafraid you will be safe "

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 10:48:30 PM »

1st let me say I wear a Silk Helmet liner so my Helmet on the inside doesn't get sweaty. I have many helmets. If I ever get them out of their boxes and bags at once I'll try to get a picture of them all ,but there must be about 6 Shoeis and 6 Arais. X-11s ,RF-1000s, Rx-7s and Quantum 2s . I Think the Shoei X-11 does vent the best but I tend to wear my Arais RX-7s as much and don't feel that much of a difference. I sometimes think the RX-7s are a little more comfortable. I do have a new Suomy  " Troy Bayliss " Replica that I haven't had a chance to wear yet but the one thing about the Helmets that vent alot of air do allow alot more wind noise . With racious pipes and earplugs, wind noise maybe the least of what you will hear. Use a Silver tinted visor, that color is suppose to let in the least amount of light to help keep your face cool along with a good pair of sunglasses. Lighter colored Helmets stay cooler since they reflect light. Black looks neat but it's a heat absorber. I just bought a white Dainese Perfed Santa Monica leather Jacket so that it would be cooler in the hot sunlight.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 06:00:50 PM by DoubleEagle » Logged

'08 Ducati 1098 R    '09 BMW K 1300 GT   '10 BMW S 1000 RR

Shortest sentence...." I am "   Longest sentence ... " I Do "
raulduke

Classically Trained Chef and Pizza Delivery Driver

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 11:25:09 PM »

I have an X11 and a Aria Profile...love them both...X11 maybe a little more vent but hard to really say.  I will be wearing the X11 more in the summer since it is silver and my Arai is frost black.

Certified Organic and Cage Free
DoubleEagle

" If you are unafraid you will be safe "

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 06:09:59 PM »

Competion Accessories.com is advertising  a Shoei X-11 Bostrom Lg. only  $379. Also Shoei X-11 Rainey lg. + Xl. only $379.  MSRP $692

'08 Ducati 1098 R    '09 BMW K 1300 GT   '10 BMW S 1000 RR

Shortest sentence...." I am "   Longest sentence ... " I Do "
Cucciolo

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 06:16:35 PM »

Man,...!!! I wear size small.. that would have been a GREAT buy!!  bang head
ROBsS4R

No matter where you go, there you are

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 11:43:30 PM »

My X11 had awesome ventilation. Pretty quiet helmet as well. I bought a solid in 2003.

I wanted something with more bling so I replaced it with a Dainese Mugello which is a louder helmet with less ventilation but it fits my head better than the X11.

SOLD 03 - Ducati Monster Dark M620

05 - Ducati Monster Blue/white S4R

My Photo Site http://secondnature.smugmug.com/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: