Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 07:35:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COLD  (Read 2405 times)
WarrenJ

« on: October 19, 2009, 07:52:06 AM »

Wanted to get out and ride this weekend so I bundled up Sunday Morning and took off - The thermometer said 34 but it should warm up right?  It felt like I had an icecream brainfreeze headache for about an hour.  75 miles of that was all the fun I could handle.  VWBoomer is obviously made of sterner stuff than I!

Maybe this afternoon will allow some more reasonable riding conditions.

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
scduc

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 02:11:08 PM »

Hopefully it will be half way decent this Saturday. I would like to get up to Corse and say good-bye. Maybe even pick up a free-be if their handing misc. stuff away.

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
gregrnel

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 05:41:53 PM »

At 34 degrees, I just bop around town, nothing over 30mph, welll....at least not for extended periods..........

2003 620ie red, cored stock pipes, Hit -Air jacket, nice deriere.
WarrenJ

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 04:23:42 AM »

Riding was pretty good last night.  Warm anyway.  The Asian beetles were everywhere - it sounded like kids were shooting at me with bb guns for parts of the ride.  My helmet was plastered with the little buggers.  I did have one mishap - I was turning into our cemetary to see if my cousins headstone had been installed yet and as my front tire went from the pavement onto the sandy driveway of the cemetary, it sunk in about 5 inches and instantly put me down.  I didn't even have a chance to think "POOP".  One small scuff on the side of the bike and no scuffs on me but certainly an eye opener.  I guess if I had to go down, 3 MPH into soft sand was probably the best case senario.  It's the first laydown in the two years I have been riding so I guess it was a cheap lesson.  Don't trust surface transitions!

vwboomer

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 08:34:57 PM »

I dunno bout sterner stuff. maybe I'm just not as smart Wink

I'm still riding to work every day. It's not far, granted, but 35 and rain can really test ya. A couple nights there it barely started (still haven't sorted that issue out). The GasGas is stuck in the garage since it doesn't like to start below 40. Fuel injected it damn well ought to catch but it just cranks n cranks.

Ah well. I'm off next week and heading to Lakewood for a couple days of hunting and wood cutting. Might be taking the truck to work by the time I get back.

I haven't looked at the calendar yet but I'm thinkin early May I started riding every day to work. There were a couple days before that of course, but it's been continuous since. Rain, shine dont care I rode. Some of those windy thunderstorm days were a bit iffy Wink

2005 S4R - Sato, PM, CC, Sargeant
2005 GasGas FSE450
2004 Honda VFR
WarrenJ

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 09:29:46 AM »

What do you guys do for winterization of the bikes?

scduc

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 02:34:03 PM »

Its "not" winter yet so I'm not going to answer that. Ok, Mine sits in an un-heated garage ,but all I do is put a piece of plywood under the front tire and use my rear stand. Probably in late November, I will pull the battery. I would also like to get a front stand. As far as the oil goes, I just did a change about 1k ago. And heard several stories as to change before storage, change after storage. I was also told that being sinthetic, no need to change. So, that is what I plan on doing. Most likely will just let it sit and change it mid-March after another 1K. Ive never had any problems. Also, as far as a cover goes, I leave it un-covered. Not sure why, I think its cuz this way every time I go out to the garage, I can take a good look at her.

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
WarrenJ

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 03:55:21 AM »

Thanks!  Thats probably what I will do also except that I will have to cover the bike.  In the winter, I am running the forge and grinder making knives.  Steel and wood/micarta dust everywhere!

vwboomer

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 08:42:47 AM »

I think this year it may be stored in my dining room. No reason not to, really. I can put cheaper storage insurance on it and not be tempted too much to ride Wink

2005 S4R - Sato, PM, CC, Sargeant
2005 GasGas FSE450
2004 Honda VFR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: