Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 10:39:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tracked your monster  (Read 10236 times)
Cucciolo

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 04:07:53 PM »

Whereas the Monster is contradictory and not as efficient.     
could you please elaborate on that statement?  waytogo
mostrobelle

1994 M900, in red, of course...

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 06:46:17 PM »

Monsters are fun at the track.   waytogo  You just gotta hang waaaaay off to keep the hard parts from scraping, but that just adds to the fun.   [moto]

94,500 miles...05/22/15
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 06:49:35 PM »

Monsters are fun at the track.   waytogo  You just gotta hang waaaaay off to keep the hard parts from scraping, but that just adds to the fun.   [moto]
'zactly.   waytogo

ss's are fun too.   Grin

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

bigeasy

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 07:52:15 PM »

Tracked mine a couple times. But how do you post up a pic?_2191
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 07:59:18 PM by bigeasy » Logged
silentbob
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 07:58:39 PM »

The S*R series has cornering clearance on par with a SBK.  If you have the ride height set properly, that is.
clubhousemotorsports

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 08:05:23 PM »

I built my monster to be a track bike and it has served me well the last 6 or so years. Even when pile driven into the pavement at 70mph. just give ducpainter the tank and throw on a few bits and off I go again.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 08:09:46 PM »

I built my monster to be a track bike and it has served me well the last 6 or so years. Even when pile driven into the pavement at 70mph. just give ducpainter the tank and throw on a few bits and off I go again.
Took you a lot longer to heal than the bike.   Wink

I rode my monster on the track for five years...I rode it to every track day too..and home again.

The very first time I hauled it in a truck to the track I crashed it.

Then I got something to haul that I didn't need to ride the next day.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

monsterduc

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 08:10:46 PM »

I tracked my bike for Ducati Owner's Club trackday a couple of years ago.  I have a trackbike but I thought I had to bring the Ducati to get the special price (I didn't) and I wanted to track the Monster once just to compare it to my trackbike (Suzuki TL1000R).

I rode down one group level because I planned on riding the Monster more cautiously than I normally ride on the track.  Like Silentbob said, S*R series don't really have cornering clearance issues.

The last DOC trackday, I brought my tiller.   Cool
Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 08:19:29 PM »

As many know, I'm a major proponent of having a dedicated track tool, whether it's a Monster or any other bike.  When you crash a track tool, you only have to make it functional again.  When you crash a street bike... well, you have plastics, paint, and other tasty cosmetic bits that need to be fixed.  To each his own, but for me I knew that I wouldn't have had nearly as much fun on my Monster as I do on my SV, just because with the SV, I'm mostly concerned with my own mortality and not the mortality of my beautiful paint.  I had a get off on a track day last year, and the whole repair cost me $10 (one brake lever).  Everything else could be bent, zip tied, duct taped, or turned on a lathe to get it back in working order.  Had that n00b mistake been on my Monster, I don't even want to think of the expense it would have been to get it back to what it is now. 

If you PM Zooom, I know he has a street bike and a separate Monster track bike.  He has had a blast.

All that said, I'm intensely curious to see what it would be like to take a Monster to the track.  I would love to race a 620 in ultralights when I start racing, but I just don't see the funds for that happening.

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
Centerline

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 08:31:42 PM »

Yes, track days are fun....you go your own pace.

05 KTM 950 Adventure
07 Husqvarna TE 450
09 HD Fat Bob
09 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
Uncle Mofo

"Must Win Track Day" Uncle Mofo Racing 2007 S4RS

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 08:53:07 PM »

Yes I finally have, and I can't wait to do it again in two weeks  waytogo

2007 red S4Rs
uclabiker06

"The time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted"

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 10:00:58 PM »

could you please elaborate on that statement?  waytogo

Well,  its a powerful sporty bike but its naked arrow dynamics work against it, leaving one a tad perplexed.  Is it a cruiser or a racer; even though we all know the answer.  That is where the Monster gets its charm from...and all that stuff.  waytogo

Monsters are fun at the track.   waytogo  You just gotta hang waaaaay off to keep the hard parts from scraping, but that just adds to the fun.   

Interesting and good to know.

When you crash a track tool, you only have to make it functional again.  When you crash a street bike... well, you have plastics, paint, and other tasty cosmetic bits that need to be fixed.  To each his own, but for me I knew that I wouldn't have had nearly as much fun on my Monster as I do on my SV, just because with the SV, I'm mostly concerned with my own mortality and not the mortality of my beautiful paint.  I had a get off on a track day last year, and the whole repair cost me $10 (one brake lever).  Everything else could be bent, zip tied, duct taped, or turned on a lathe to get it back in working order.  Had that n00b mistake been on my Monster, I don't even want to think of the expense it would have been to get it back to what it is now.

EXACTLY.

Life is never ours to keep, we borrow it and then we have to give it back.
2006 S2R
2009 Smart
Big Troubled Bear
The wrong side of normal

98 m900 sold, Red 696

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2008, 10:26:47 PM »

Yes Once or twice, but have a R1 that I use for track days waytogo

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 04:54:06 AM »

Yes, track days are fun....you go your own pace.

Hmmm... Looks like MotorSport Ranch  waytogo

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
aaronb

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 05:23:38 AM »

i am signed up for my first track day june 10th, so i 'plan to'.  it is one of those buell inside pass track days done through STT, so i should get to spend half of the day on my bike, then the rest running buells.  considering i almost bought one, i am really looking forward to riding a xb12*  and I may not think the 1125r is the cutest girl at the dance, but i can wait to ride that one too. 

and it is at Road America, im soo excited. 

Milwaukee, WI
'07 s2r1k, '81 honda cb400t
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: