Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 11:12:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tracked your monster  (Read 10237 times)
MuscovyDuc

02' M750I.E. Dark - (pearl white)

« on: May 26, 2008, 06:39:16 AM »

I was just wondering with the amount of track talk how many people have actually taken their monster out on the track. Huh?

I didn't put a "plan to" option because everybody who has not would select that. Grin

uclabiker06

"The time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted"

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 07:37:57 AM »

Its just not arrow-dynamic and lacks a tad in power and lightness.  I'd rather just get a used Japanese sport/beater bike (ninja, R6...etc) for track purposes.  I am just too attached to my pretty garage queen to take her to the track on a regular basis.     

Life is never ours to keep, we borrow it and then we have to give it back.
2006 S2R
2009 Smart
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 07:51:31 AM »

I haven't tracked a Monster, but I have tracked my Paul Smart (4 days).
There's always quite a few Monsters at the track days I've been to (6 total), & they seem to be having fun, & get around the track quite well.

This guy (behind me in this photo, but not for long  Tongue ) was FLYING (I think he's on a race team out of Waco, Tx.).

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
JohnnyCanuck

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 07:58:21 AM »

Whenever I get a chance, wich isn't very often unfortunately.
bnbmike

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 08:05:54 AM »

I have done a track day.  Riding school put on by our local dealer, MotoCorsa.  Great instruction!

Had 2001 Monster 750 Dark, last of the carbby's.
Has 2011 Multistrada 1200 ST
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 08:35:39 AM »

Yes, I've done three days on my 695 (Zoom Zoom and Keigwin's track schools).

Fun, but easy to drag hard parts.  I found it a great way to improve my confidence.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Pancake81

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 09:13:15 AM »

I would love to do a track day, but I am not sure I would run my monster. There are just so many cheap fast bikes out there, that if i racked out I could walk away from and laugh. As appose to crying all the way home to ebay and ducatimonsterparts.com.

About the same time you're dragging your knees through a series of tight left-right-handers on Sunday afternoon, some guy in white shoes is sweating a 3-foot putt. Go figure.
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 09:33:24 AM »

I've done a couple of track days, put on by my local Ducati dealer, MotoCorsa. waytogo

I kept to the "C" group, mostly for the instruction, but also that there was much more variation in the bikes in "C" group.  It's a great way to quickly improve your riding skills in a controlled environment.

Plus, you can go a fast as you want down the staights with no worrys about  Police.

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
silentbob
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 10:39:57 AM »

Yup.

And here's the second owner at the track.

Smiling End

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 10:57:44 AM »

Yes, I've done three days on my 695 (Zoom Zoom and Keigwin's track schools).

Fun, but easy to drag hard parts.  I found it a great way to improve my confidence.

That's a really awesome picture.  The way that you see the reflection in your visor is really amazing. 

99 M750 Dark
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 11:18:16 AM »

I took my Cafe-Racer to the Streets of Willow track in the fall of '06 (IIRC) and had a blast!  Short straights, lots of turns, perfect for a 750 Monster!

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
MendoDave
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 11:31:46 AM »

A track day would be a good way to grind that thing off of my kick stand. Then again I work on that every time I ride.

I got an F4 to take to the track.
uclabiker06

"The time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted"

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 11:54:48 AM »

There are just so many cheap fast bikes out there, that if i racked out I could walk away from and laugh.

EXACTLY.  Thats why I want a lime green Ninja ZX6R so bad!  I don't think you can fully appreciate Japanese sport bikes, until you have owned a Ducati or other highly finicky machine.  I mean when compared to the Monster in particular the Jap bikes have so much purpose and are so efficient.  Whereas the Monster is contradictory and not as efficient.     

Life is never ours to keep, we borrow it and then we have to give it back.
2006 S2R
2009 Smart
Cucciolo

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 12:37:09 PM »

And here's the second owner at the track.

ouch!! Did you break anything.. on you?
silentbob
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 02:03:05 PM »

ouch!! Did you break anything.. on you?

Not me.  New owner.  Both the bike and rider were able to continue on with the rest of the track day.  Speedy Moto frame sliders, billet water pump, and Multistrada handguards worked great.  Oh, not to mention Vanson leathers too.  I just pried the shift lever out a little bit, ran the bike through tech, and got him right back out there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: