Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 05:15:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moto rentals in Tucson  (Read 2043 times)
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« on: November 19, 2009, 06:01:12 AM »

I started a post on the general board and it was suggested I post it over here.  This is where I'm at http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=32119.0

Looking for a sport bike or adventure/motard type bike to rent in a couple of weeks.  I've checked out the low hanging fruit on the internet and am now looking for recommendations or info on places I've missed.

Thanks.

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
Monster Dave

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 06:20:38 AM »

You might try giving 2 local shops a call to see if they know anyone:

1) On Any Moto: 520-269-6606

2) Renaissance Motorcycles: 520 747-2647

Your best chance would be at OAM. I know the guys there personally and they know a lot of people involved in the motorcycle community. 

The second shop though, I don't know anyone, but they've been in business in Tucson for many years, so if the first option doesn't work out, someone there might be able to point you in the direction that you're looking for.

Good Luck! Post up when you'll be in town and we'll see if there's any bike night that coincides with your time here. Could be fun to meet some local riders.  waytogo
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 08:12:39 AM »

You might try giving 2 local shops a call to see if they know anyone:

1) On Any Moto: 520-269-6606

2) Renaissance Motorcycles: 520 747-2647

Your best chance would be at OAM. I know the guys there personally and they know a lot of people involved in the motorcycle community. 

The second shop though, I don't know anyone, but they've been in business in Tucson for many years, so if the first option doesn't work out, someone there might be able to point you in the direction that you're looking for.

Good Luck! Post up when you'll be in town and we'll see if there's any bike night that coincides with your time here. Could be fun to meet some local riders.  waytogo

Thanks Dave.  AZ Motorcycle Rentals has BMW1200GS and 800ST's for $189/day or $159/day for 3 days.  All other options are Harleys. 

I called OAM and they were friendly, but not much more advice I'm afraid.  I'll probably stop by their shop when I'm out there.

I'll be in town 12/8-12/15, but I'll be pretty busy with family holiday stuff.  Let me know, though, if anything is going on that week.

Good luck with El Tour,

Brad

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
Monster Dave

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 10:13:33 AM »

Thanks Brad! Sorry that I couldn't be of more help to you finding something.

Good luck!  waytogo
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 10:25:17 AM by Monster Dave » Logged
djrashonal

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 07:28:34 PM »

I'll be in town 12/8-12/15

Too bad you wont be there the following week, i fly out to DC on the 15th, I was gonna lend you mine! If you end up renting something let me know and maybe we can take a run up Mt Lemmon or something!

01 SSSSSSS4 - Sold
'09 Triumph Bonneville
S2R800 dark - searching for
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 11:30:42 AM »

Too bad you wont be there the following week, i fly out to DC on the 15th, I was gonna lend you mine! If you end up renting something let me know and maybe we can take a run up Mt Lemmon or something!

Bummer!  I'll let you know and thanks for the generous offer.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: