Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 03:13:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How much for a hair cut?  (Read 7150 times)
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 06:50:20 PM »

Seriously!? $50!!? Here, in the Bay Area? Please please please share! I have very long (to the bra strap) curly/wavy hair, and I pay minimum of $80 (not including tip) for shampoo, cut, and blow dry (straight hair for a day).

I haven't had a hair cut in over a year.  bang head

I'll send you a PM. waytogo

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
badgalbetty

its never too late to be who you might have been

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 06:43:09 AM »

any recommendations for a salon in the Portland Oregon metro area...........I need a cut and dye job within the month.

"Its never too late to be who you might have been" - George Elliot.
No_Normale

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 03:53:49 PM »

I live in the back waters of Oregon...

$45 plus tip, love the stylist, wash cut style for past shoulder length hair AND it is naturally curly and she can cut it and cut it well! In general though I let my hair air dry on my own... can't be bothered to put all the "product" in it and then spend the time drying it on low so I don't get a fro!

When I go for color it costs about $75 but only do that once in a blue moon!
DesmoLu
If only he'd had a

"You're like a stray wild animal" -- my ex

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2009, 06:42:44 PM »

Couldn't you just go to whoever styles El Matador's hair?  Tongue

Admit it-we know you two met while sharing hair tips.

his hair is naturally perfect. It's disturbing. I try to mess it up and I can't. He manages with the $12 supercuts. My family calls him Farah Fawcett hair.

And for the record, we met over Pazzos and not over hair!

CannedIce

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 10:49:16 AM »

Hi!

I go to an Aveda salon in pacific beach here in San Diego. It costs $40 + tip for cut, blow dry and style. I have an excellent hairstylist and imagine since Aveda is a worldwide company there should be salons near each of you. I also love the natural plant based products that Aveda provides!!!

https://www.aveda.com/templates/door/locator.tmpl

Candice Babineau

----Bikes-------
2009 Monster 696
Embyr
has a very

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 11:30:31 PM »

I have short hair I usually wear in a fauxhawk, when not riding.
For a cut only (no color), I will not go above 45.  I *hate* when men and women's cuts are priced differently on the ASSUMPtion that women will have long hair. I will take the men's pricing, thank yousexistmuch!
mstevens
Monsterless

No Monster of my own, but my wife has an '09 696

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2009, 09:00:19 AM »

This is a mix of Irish spring + the dregs of a bottle of head & shoulders, blown dried in a motorcycle sidecar, and slept on for three days.

Yeah, but look what it did to that seat cowl! Just think what it would've done to your hair!

2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring (Rosso Anniversary Ducati)
2009 Ducati Monster 696 (Giallo Ducati) - Sold
2005 Ducati Monster 620 (Rosso Anniversary Ducati) - Sold
2005 Vespa LX-150 (Rosso Dragone) - First Bike Ever

Casa Suzana, vacation rental house in Cozumel, Mexico
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2009, 12:54:44 AM »

here in CT, $80 + tip for deep conditioning, cut + style
i have below the shoulder length hair

which may be a little pricey but, my guy pays zero.... i have a clipper  Evil
DesmoLu
If only he'd had a

"You're like a stray wild animal" -- my ex

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 03:13:23 PM »

Update! I bit the bullet and got the haircut.

Results are good. I paid $65+ tip but it was with a 15% off coupon for first time customer's (and coupons make me happy) plus a free deep conditioning treatment. The guy was good and pleasant enough. The massaging chair and complimentary mimosa's made it worth while. Free bang trims mean I won't have to cut my hair again until Summer, so it ends up being a good deal.

On another note, stylists always get freaked out when I insist on not straightening my hair. I like it wavy! Does everyone in the world straighten their hair?

Qwack

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 07:43:06 PM »

Holy crap...you ladies have definitely found much cheaper places to get your hair cut/styled then I.  I have very long curly hair and can't get out of a good salon under $125...and the cut/style were still just ok.  Must be the area/ location  I'm in north/west NJ

Now you are all going to freak out with this next line...Last year I went to a salon in NYC that specializes in Long Curly hair..its called Ouidad...it is the most expensive place I have ever been to to get your hair cut/styled I knew the prices going in and figured I was going to spend a small fortune on my hair I might as well go for it and had the Owner Ouidad cut my hair since she is supposed to be the best....

It cost $250   Shocked ...yes, I know I could have put some nice bling on the bike for that, but I have to say it was absolutely the best cut/style I have ever had.  The woman really knows how to cut long curly hair...Of course it has been a year since I have cut my hair,...Need to get it cut again...not wanting to spend all that money again...even though my hubby said I could (Now you know it was a good cut if my man is ok  with me spending that kind of money on a hair cut).

Oh what to do....
and no I have never had my hair straighten...you know everyone thinks curly girls want straight hair and straight hair girls want curls  laughingdp

badgalbetty

its never too late to be who you might have been

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2010, 09:30:04 AM »

Ok girls here is the good news.............
If you live in Portland OR /Vancouver WA you are in luck.
In Vancouver we have a Magician.
Small salon. One chair and when you are in it, it is all about you. This guy is Fabulous!
www.theartofhair.com
Michael took the sows ear and made it into a silk purse...........shame he does not do emergency lipo or major facial surgery.  laughingdp
What he does with hair is awesome!
I got an A line bob short short yesterday, wash cut style and dry, $35.00 all in.
Highlights with a quick trim 6 weeks ago $70.00.
I love this place and wont go anywhere else. Ever!
Tell him Erica sent you.
BGB.

"Its never too late to be who you might have been" - George Elliot.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: