Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 08:56:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSS and air box  (Read 2213 times)
Dieter

« on: May 27, 2008, 03:55:53 PM »

Just a couple of questions.

1) In order to get a hold of the trellis swingarm, is waiting for someone to part their bike out the only way? Any alternatives for getting a hold of this piece for a 695?

2) I've been trying to read around to find out what it is, but on the flightcycles ss2r, and it seems to be the same for their other showcase bikes, there's no airbox where an airbox is supposed to go. Am I missing something? I love the empty space under the tank and would love to have the same on my bike. How?

Thanks, monster folks

Brad on motorcyclists: "Yes, Janet, life is pretty cheap to those types."
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 04:20:46 PM »

1) I think thats a custom piece that you will need to hire someone to build. It isnt a DP part, or a manufactured part.
2) Sounds like Pod filters to me.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
knightrider

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 04:22:58 PM »

#2 they use pod filters instead of the airbox, but you will need tuning to adjust for the extra air your bike will be taking in

1994 M900
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 04:27:07 PM »

Just a couple of questions.

1) In order to get a hold of the trellis swingarm, is waiting for someone to part their bike out the only way? Any alternatives for getting a hold of this piece for a 695?

2) I've been trying to read around to find out what it is, but on the flightcycles ss2r, and it seems to be the same for their other showcase bikes, there's no airbox where an airbox is supposed to go. Am I missing something? I love the empty space under the tank and would love to have the same on my bike. How?

Thanks, monster folks

I used pod filters on each throttle body and a custom built bracket setup underneath the tank to hold all the electronics and such out of the line of sight.

Difficult?  Yes.

Worth it?  OH HELL YES!

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 04:33:43 PM »

pics ?  Grin

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 04:42:27 PM »

pics ?  Grin

More on the write-up page for each bike on my website (link below) under the 'Showcase' header.

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Dieter

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 07:52:30 PM »

Yeah, that's it. Awesome. Thanks for clearing that up. You do some amazing stuff, you know. The swingarm I'm referring to is the one off of the s2r. I've seen them here and there when someone had a crash and parts the bike out. Wishful thinking about there being a permanent place, I guess. Thanks again, guys

-Brendan

Brad on motorcyclists: "Yes, Janet, life is pretty cheap to those types."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: