Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 11:10:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you still ride if...  (Read 6683 times)
Stella

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 09:57:40 AM »

If I were to become pregnant by some divine intervention( laughingdp )I would never stop riding. In fact If I were to become pregnant I would not stop laughing!!
Then I'll go on a diet and well trade for pickles,cheesecake and fried banana pancakes with oodles of syrup.

laughingdp   and      vomit

Can I get fried pickle pancake flavored ice cream? Grin

And another:     vomit

Grin

"To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites." ~ Robert Heinlein
CannedIce

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 10:52:14 AM »

The worst part about riding while pregnant so far...

You know how uncomfortable that V-twin can be when you really have to pee?
Well, the pregnancy hormones make me have to pee ALL the time.

LOL good to know! Just don't go on any long rides and you should be okay  [moto]

Candice Babineau

----Bikes-------
2009 Monster 696
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 04:59:30 PM »

I think I've only got about a week left of riding. Sad  It's getting quite difficult to zipper up my jacket over my chest, especially with my heated liner in.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
badgalbetty

its never too late to be who you might have been

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 06:21:30 AM »

if that is all that is stopping you from riding,have an insert made........Get a zipper to match theone of your jacket, add it to both sides of a 2 inch strip of leather and zip it into your jacket, that why you can ride for another month or two.
Hormones are great arn't they. For some reason my hormones have been going beserk this week,and no I am not pregnant........that would require a boyfriend plus a whole bunch of other stuff.hahahahahahaha
Try the insert trick IF you feel comfortable riding and good luck. You rock! waytogo

"Its never too late to be who you might have been" - George Elliot.
CannedIce

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 11:29:34 AM »

if that is all that is stopping you from riding,have an insert made........Get a zipper to match theone of your jacket, add it to both sides of a 2 inch strip of leather and zip it into your jacket, that why you can ride for another month or two.
Hormones are great arn't they. For some reason my hormones have been going beserk this week,and no I am not pregnant........that would require a boyfriend plus a whole bunch of other stuff.hahahahahahaha
Try the insert trick IF you feel comfortable riding and good luck. You rock! waytogo

Glad I'm not the only one whose hormones are out of control for no reason lol. I have been unusually crabby and man does it put a damper on things lol.

Candice Babineau

----Bikes-------
2009 Monster 696
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 11:47:21 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion!  I also might be able to make it a little longer if I lose a layer and also don't put my wallet and phone etc. in my pockets.

mcgalinmd

Where's that Ketchup? Tailight is waiting!

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 05:43:09 AM »

I know it's not as strenuous as riding, but I was lifeguarding until 6 hours before I had my child!  I say ride until you can't fit in the gear....then let nature take it's course.

But remember - car seats don't fit on motorcycles.  Exactly the reason I stopped at ONE kid.  cheeky

Can you imagine a world without a Ducati???  I think it's called Hell. Smiley
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2010, 09:26:23 AM »

Last weekend was my last ride for a while, was barely possible to fasten my overpants all the way.  MrI and I decided to make a date of it and did a 2-up (3-up?) ride on the XCountry.

I already miss it for commuting, having to take the car and hike half an hour from the parking garage turned my typically 1.5 hour commute to Berkeley into a 2.5 hour one-way commute last week, luckily I don't have to go there all the time.

At least I can still ride my bicycle for a while. Smiley

No_Normale

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2010, 03:09:47 PM »

Somegirl-
Glad you made it this long riding! Also awesome to hear you made a date out of the last ride definately something to remember after the baby arrives (unless you put him in a backpack!) It is unfortunate that the new commute takes so long. That must be exhausting!

On the flip side I just found out I am expecting our second two weeks ago. We went out for a nice afternoon ride that weekend to capitalize on the unseasonally nice weather. We live one state north of you and though I would love to be an all season, hardcore rider... the rain is a bit too much wet for my liking!

Yesterday, while driving down a beautiful road that would make an awesome bike ride I turned to my sweetie and said- "I don't think I will be doing this ride anytime soon." He commented that my gear probably would not squeeze around the bulge come "prime" riding season. My response was that it isn't the gear but rather my spacey mental state, feelings of sickness, and general timidness that will overcome me first. That realization made me a bit sad but considering how much fun we have with our first child, the second one will be just as rewarding and riding will just have to wait. I suppose I can drive the sag wagon for our group instead!

Stay well and everyone else... Keep riding!  [moto]
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2010, 07:55:16 AM »

Congrats No_Normale and best wishes! Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: