Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 27, 2024, 01:09:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BMW S1000RR  (Read 2892 times)
DRKWNG
« on: December 12, 2009, 11:01:07 AM »

I'm very curious to see what the Bavarians have might have done differently concerning the fueling issues pertaining to the ever stricter EU requirements.  I know that these issues do not come up any where near as frequently on I4 motors as they do with V-twins, but it's still interesting to see what sort of technology/coding they will bring over from the four wheel sector.

Nate Kern BMW S1000RR
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 12:27:48 PM »

You know, of course, that my boss would be ecstatic if I picked up one of those. The thought has crossed my mind but I think that engine comes packed with all the current technology bells & whistles. Variable lift valves and cam timing. I think. I'd have to review the tech specs. That stuff will eliminate all the issues with the surging that the big twins have. At the end of the day it's still an I4. A hot I4 but still an I4 none the less.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Brutale
Have you seen my Titianium member?

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 03:15:50 PM »

You know, of course, that my boss would be ecstatic if I picked up one of those. The thought has crossed my mind but I think that engine comes packed with all the current technology bells & whistles. Variable lift valves and cam timing. I think. I'd have to review the tech specs. That stuff will eliminate all the issues with the surging that the big twins have. At the end of the day it's still an I4. A hot I4 but still an I4 none the less.

Hopefully it works better than my '07 K1200GT.  Low rpm surging was a pregnant dog!  A real pain in the ass in parking lots.  Get it out in the open though and look out!!!!  Fastest I have ever been on a public road!

'07 Sport 1000, Black, slightly modded
DRKWNG
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 03:27:46 PM »

So...  South Sea's has one of these that is currently in their "demo fleet".  The need to put something like 2500 miles on it before they are able to sell it.  Sad thing is, Mark (the manager of both stores) appears to be the one who is riding it all the time, and takes it home with him.  Must be nice to get a free bike to raise hell on...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 04:21:08 PM »

So...  South Sea's has one of these that is currently in their "demo fleet".  The need to put something like 2500 miles on it before they are able to sell it.  Sad thing is, Mark (the manager of both stores) appears to be the one who is riding it all the time, and takes it home with him.  Must be nice to get a free bike to raise hell on...

Don't kid yourself, it's not a free bike by any stretch.  Interesting that you say that there is one on the island as some people I know have said that the shop won't get one until the owner's wife (I forget her name) gets back from some sort of dealer clinic that is going on. Beware that this is at least 3rd hand information.  Roll Eyes

I know of at least one guy that may be angling on getting one.  Somebody else I know was all excited when I showed him the cover picture on the new Sport Rider. I just want to get my bike back on the street.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 04:31:04 PM »

I know it's not a free bike.  Just find it ironic that a demo bike, as in one that is there for potential customers to test ride, is being used exclusively by the store's general management team. 

And yes, it is here.  Bill and Ryan confirmed it when we went down there today.  According to Bill, they are expecting three additional bikes (which he said were in transit) and that all four had deposits on them already.

Ginger is the owner of whom you speak.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 06:25:02 PM »

Yep, Ginger, that's her.  I will have to quiz my sources further. It's possible that someone we know might be in line for one of those bikes. (hint - not me)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: