Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 03:08:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No man is gonna tell me what to do!  (Read 6124 times)
Ducgirl

Racing Red 696 re-mapped w/Termi's & Marchesinis

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 05:01:20 PM »

That sure is the truth! Grin
dolci

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 04:02:55 AM »

]

That's exactly what I told her, but she is SUPER intimidated by DC roads (I'm in DC).  I think when it warms again, we will try trucking the bike out to some quieter country roads.  I know none of her women friends have bikes and I only have a couple of guys I ride with.  There are a few women on the CAM forum here that might be interested in taking her under their wing.

We've tried riding around the neighborhood some and she gets really stressed.  She can barely stay out of her own way......

Hey!  I'm in DC and I would be happy to ride with her whenever I can.  I swore that it would be years before I got on either the beltway or 270 but one day I was following Zooom and off he went (and he knew I was capable of handling the road).  I not only survived but I do it all the time now.  Yes, it took my stepping back and getting a different bike to ride initially (Suzuki GS500) before I was really ready for my Duc.  We're now talking about a cross-country trip in 2011 and I've been doing tons of volunteerism (working Moto safety crew) with Avon Walk for Breast Cancer and the Koman Foundation.

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing; however, they can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

2005 620ie
1998 GS500E - gone
kp

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 04:47:03 AM »

We're now talking about a cross-country trip in 2011 and I've been doing tons of volunteerism (working Moto safety crew) with Avon Walk for Breast Cancer and the Koman Foundation.

hey!  if you're anywhere near MN, hit me up!   why wait until 2011?
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 04:52:28 AM »

Hey!  I'm in DC and I would be happy to ride with her whenever I can. 

Thanks Dolci! I've been PM'ing with Zoom about this as well.  Coming to a parking lot near you in the spring.......

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 05:02:26 AM »

why wait until 2011?

boils down to time allowed for other activities right now that is already alotted versus plans on how we want to accomplish the cross country tour.....

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
kp

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 05:03:45 AM »

okay,  still hit me up!
hoyden

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 06:57:39 AM »

I tend to bristle at the "got my GF/wife into riding" situation. I've seen that fail on so many levels so many times over the years.

It's not only confidence, but it's also desire and where one's priorities are. If she really, truly wants to ride for herself, then she will. And she will put the time and energy into learning. If she is doing it for you (even if she says she isn't), then it will be a constant sore point between ya'll. She will always have an excuse not to practice, some reason she doesn't feel like riding that day, etc.

Maybe I'm just jaded (me? never!) but I say just let her be.
Give her encouragement when she asks for it or wants advise, but don't bring it up unless she does first.
I have known many woman who hear their BF/husband's 'enthusiasm' as 'pushing' and it often has the opposite desired effect.

"All my life my heart has sought a thing I cannot name."
- HST
dolci

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 07:12:06 AM »

Thanks Dolci! I've been PM'ing with Zoom about this as well.  Coming to a parking lot near you in the spring.......

Excellent.  Looking forward to riding with both of you!

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing; however, they can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

2005 620ie
1998 GS500E - gone
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: