Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 01, 2024, 05:23:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ex Box questions..... Do you like them, still?  (Read 5963 times)
Chchadder

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 07:10:06 AM »

I'm thinking about getting one myself... torn right now on which exhaust to get...

Did you have issues with clearance from the ground? rocks and other road debris hitting it?

What about taking turns, any chance of the bike hitting on sharp turns?

I actually had a problem with bottoming out a few times while crossing avenues here in NYC.  Could be simply because of the way NYC ave's are convex compared to the streets crossing them, or just the fact that NYC streets suck in general.  I ended up jacking the bike up 3/4" in the rear and 5/8" in the front and had no problems after that.  Of course I had to tap a delrin block into the foot of my sidestand for a while until I found a suitable replacement. 

Note: Though it is said to not work on a 695, the sidestand from an S2R/S4R will work perfectly since their ride heights are higher stock.

09 Triumph Daytona 675 - Rocket -
07 695 Custom Dark - Sold -

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat. ~Hunter S. Thompson
JJG1975

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 04:35:15 PM »

Are the Boomtubes that much louder the Ex Box? I have the Ex Box on my bike, and have had no problems with it, but was considering Boomtubes for my 2007 S4RS. Any input from someone who has heard them both in person?
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 08:33:55 PM »

Are the Boomtubes that much louder the Ex Box? I have the Ex Box on my bike, and have had no problems with it, but was considering Boomtubes for my 2007 S4RS. Any input from someone who has heard them both in person?

Ducati Boom Tubes

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 05:14:31 AM »

That video doesn't do the sound/volume justice.  When I started my Boom-Tubed-S4R in the garage and blipped the throttle, most everyone jumped about a foot in the air!   Evil

I've run both exhausts, and the Boom Tubes are considerably louder than the Ex-Box.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 05:16:07 AM by pompetta » Logged

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
NoisyDante
I am Jack's

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 10:46:22 AM »

I really like the look of the exbox, stylistically I think it makes a statement, and I like the sound.  I purchased my bike with it already installed and ceramic coated black, but it is a mod I would have eventually done had I bought the bike new.

'07 695 Dark - Quat-D Ex Box exhaust, gold S4 forks, Woodcraft Clipons, CRG levers, KTM headlight, Motodynamics taillight, 14t sprocket, CRG LS mirrors, flamethrower, the usual refinements.  * struck down by a hippie in a Prius on September 22nd, 2010.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: