Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 01, 2024, 12:54:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: another black naked bike in the family...  (Read 3319 times)
♣ McKraut ♣

touched by his noodly appendage

« on: January 27, 2010, 05:58:58 AM »

but this one isn't mine.  nor is it a duc...  bryna just picked up this 2002 honda cb900f (more commonly known as the 919, or, yes... hornet) a couple days ago.  it's a GREAT looking bike (garage kept and cared for...the guy's wife just didn't want it around anymore), and i'm definitely looking forward to getting to ride it.  i got to ride it home from frisco, and i have to say i'm impressed.  very smooth with the power, and it's very nimble feeling, and the riding position is comfortable for longer rides.  it was actually my first ride on a japanese sports bike, and i was very happy with it.  it'll be her first bike, and she's taking the MSF course this weekend up in farmers branch.  i'm confident that this will be a great first bike, and also one that she'll be happy for a long time to come.  and if she ever gets tired of it for some reason, i'll be more than happy to take it off her hands.

anyway, here's a pic from my crappy iphone (i'll edit this post with a better one when we get a few taken)

2001 M600 Dark  2005 S2R Dark  2001 M750  1996 900 SS/SP  2005 S4R
-  Dallas, TX
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 06:03:57 AM »

Very cool. Congrats to Bryna waytogo

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
caffeinejunkee

'07 M695--sold; red '96 900SS CR; '04 Busa--sold

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 06:29:47 AM »

Sweeet  chug
hiero

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 06:43:10 AM »

very cool, congrats!

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
fastwin
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 07:20:16 AM »

They are very nice bikes. The only reason they didn't sell well for Honda was their relatively high MSRP. It had nothing to do with the bike at all. I understand they sold well in Europe, just not as well here in the States. Tell her congrats on the sweet scooter and in taking the MSF course. It's no 1000cc SBK but it does have quite a bit of power for a first bike. Please advise her accordingly... as I know you will. waytogo [moto] Looking forward to seeing her on a group ride soon.
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 07:50:22 AM »

Congratulations! The 919 is sweet. Much more zip than the 599, great looks in my book.

TresGatos

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 07:34:38 PM »

This is good to hear. Hope the weather does not
cancel riding course.

'65 Honda CM91 - '98 Suzuki DR650 - '08 695+mods - '08 Hypermotard 1100S
♣ McKraut ♣

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 11:44:37 AM »

sounds like the course is a go no matter what; she said they will ride, rain or not, so dress accordingly.  says it should be sunny tomorrow, so looks like her first day riding a bike will only be cold, and at least not wet.   waytogo

-  Dallas, TX
Cyclone
DAS BOOT!

CHAT & SCAT !

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 12:35:21 PM »

waytogo Be a hero and go to the sports shop and get some chemical warmer packs & a fleecy neck gaitor - could make the difference between just uncomfortable & really unbearable.  [moto]

'96 BMW R11 Gs - '72 Honda CT 90
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Frank Zappa
muskrat

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 12:50:43 PM »

Baptism by fire.

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
fastwin
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 01:57:51 PM »

She might be able to just reschedule and hope for better weather in a few weeks. I don't know what the MFS schedules are like so it might be next week or next month. That first riding experience is very important as we all know. If she's miserably cold it might distract her from learning and make her wonder "why the hell am I doing this". And if she's like Jennifer it will be all your fault! laughingdp
♣ McKraut ♣

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 05:37:04 PM »

Well... this is Bryna by the way....   Today was my first official day riding a motorcycle. I drove a Suzuki 250. It felt like a midget cycle and the shifter was a little stiff from first to neutral. Other than the torturous cold, that froze my fingertips, made my thighs and butt completely numb, and made snot run down my balaclava? spell check... it was a good day. One of my instructors was a little militant. Seemed like he was on my ass for every little thing, and not sure if that was because I'm a girl and he hates us girls on bikes, or if it was because I am a girl and he really wants to see me do well and succeed. I'm going to shoot for the second reason though, because he did compliment me on my leaning on tight turns. it's supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow with some sunshine, which would be very welcome after todays cold from hell! I'm still going to bust out the long johns just in case. The best part of all, is that the class will be over with tomorrow and then I can focus on riding my new bike. I think I will start slow and take it to a giant parking lot to get familiar with how it feels. Thanks for all the posts! They are fun to read. I can't wait to ride with you guys. You can all be my mentors Smiley

Peace out waytogo
Bryna

-  Dallas, TX
UnionJill

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 05:59:35 PM »

...  One of my instructors was a little militant. Seemed like he was on my ass for every little thing, and not sure if that was because I'm a girl and he hates us girls on bikes, or if it was because I am a girl and he really wants to see me do well and succeed.
 I can't wait to ride with you guys. You can all be my mentors Smiley

Peace out waytogo
Bryna

In the class that we took, I had one instructor (female) who was hounding me and I felt like I couldn't do anything right.  I am guessing they do that to most of the females for the second reason you gave.   During the test I beat all the guys and came out of it top of the class.  Don't let him get to you...

Hope the weather warms up soon so we can all get back to enjoyable riding.  [moto]

Keep warm tomorrow...   waytogo
(Just think, you could be doing this in July)

'06 Triumph 675 Daytona

"Death steals everything except for our stories"
      Jim Harrison (In Search of Small Gods)
alexisonfire

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 06:00:13 PM »

Well... this is Bryna by the way....   Today was my first official day riding a motorcycle. I drove a Suzuki 250. It felt like a midget cycle and the shifter was a little stiff from first to neutral. Other than the torturous cold, that froze my fingertips, made my thighs and butt completely numb, and made snot run down my balaclava? spell check... it was a good day. One of my instructors was a little militant. Seemed like he was on my ass for every little thing, and not sure if that was because I'm a girl and he hates us girls on bikes, or if it was because I am a girl and he really wants to see me do well and succeed. I'm going to shoot for the second reason though, because he did compliment me on my leaning on tight turns. it's supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow with some sunshine, which would be very welcome after todays cold from hell! I'm still going to bust out the long johns just in case. The best part of all, is that the class will be over with tomorrow and then I can focus on riding my new bike. I think I will start slow and take it to a giant parking lot to get familiar with how it feels. Thanks for all the posts! They are fun to read. I can't wait to ride with you guys. You can all be my mentors Smiley

Peace out waytogo
Bryna

Good stuff.  Look forward to ridin with you.

I need to find a girlfriend that's this into bikes.  bang head

You can live to 100 if you give up all the things that make you want to live to 100.

07 S2R 1000
muskrat

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 06:23:25 PM »

congrats on your first day!  I'll bet Rich rode out there for moral support right?  Undecided

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: