Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 05:13:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 quick NYPD observations  (Read 6481 times)
mookieo2

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 05:25:02 PM »

my goog friend is in nyc streat crime division and drives around in the police taxi a lot. they are not out fr traffic violations. they have bigger fish to fry. mostly looking for drugs, not weed but significant quantities(like an 8ball) and guns. They also get to go to the impound lot and have there pic of a car for the night. so they are not just limited to taxi cabs.
Magnus

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 05:34:01 PM »

they have their pick of a car from the impound lot for the night?  uh, that seems highly doubtful

'02 MS4 Black Fog
Got Duc

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 06:00:14 PM »

Let's not turn this into a generic cop bashing thread.  Some folks on the board are LEOs and I am sure most of them are good guys.  Us against city policy is one thing.  Us against them is another.  I have had both good and bad experiences with the police.  The good by far out way the bad.

as always Howie....... well said.

I know a fair share of cool coppers

Why do roaches always die on their back?

That because the survivors flip them over to steal their sneakers and wallets.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 10:07:07 PM »

i understand and agree, just today was a big annoyance of it all. I have 2 cop friends myself and they are great guys, but its all about the person. People join to do good things but this city can make any guy looking to help others into an asshole no matter what the job. Just so happens i saw 3 of them today.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
mookieo2

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2008, 04:37:54 AM »

they have their pick of a car from the impound lot for the night?  uh, that seems highly doubtful

It is true. It is not from th regular impound lot where your car would go if it was towed for being in a no parking zone, but for cars that are not going back to the owners. They can not take out corvettes and cars like that because they will probably get in some kind of trouble w/ them(knowing my crazy friend ie. once while driving a Maybach to the yard ,decided to do donuts w/it in a parking lot)
Beattie_Yoo

OBAMA-BIDEN

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 07:05:07 AM »

goes to show the type of people being recruited as cops....i find it frightening.
GLantern

08 Red 1098, 07 DRZ400S

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 08:40:00 AM »

goes to show the type of people being recruited as cops....i find it frightening.

I second that with how low starting pay is for NYPD its no wonder you don't always get some of the best and brightest.  A flawed system if you ask me.

In respect though most of my experiences with cops have been good, except once........

"Just ride and never ever look back"

www.suspectsunlimited.com
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2008, 08:52:52 AM »

Theres a difference between cops and police officers right? its like enlisted and officers i figure, but people throw those terms so loosely, they call cops officers, since they are officers of hte law etc.

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Ferrell75002

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2008, 09:09:45 AM »

I saw something that really freaked me out. I was talking with a friend who works at pastis in the meatpacking. It was wednesday, so the traffic of motorist and pedestrian was slow, but I find that area during the day to always be slow, unlike the weekend nights. I plain closed man with some kind of NY id hanging around his neck came in and asked if we knew who owned the motorcycle that was parked on the sidewalk on the corner in front of a trash can ( the bike was not blocking the sidewalk in any way ) The guy was actually in the restaurant.
So, I watched all this go down there were 3 NY workers in a mini-van and a tow truck outside ready to tow the bike, but I saw the man give the NY guys in the mini-van what looked like over a hundreds and the bike was not towed. The tow truck was from American . . . . . something company, the tow-truck was not a flat bed to tow motorcycles, so I just wonder how he was going to tow the bike, and what damage could have been done if they would have towed it.
So, from my understanding these guys in the mini-van cruise the city looking for bikes parked illegally and then tow them. I never knew the city had people doing things like that. I guess its summer and a good way to make more money. It upsetting to me because they now have beautiful little places to park a bicycle, but still no special spots for motorcycles.
I figure if you are going to park on the sidewalk lock the bike to a post and hopefully this will discourage them from going through all the effort to tow  a bike.
F-
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2008, 01:03:15 PM »

Ferrell75002, could the person with the badge been a City Marshal or Sheriff?  They are the ones who usually go after scofflaws.
CountGreffi

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2008, 01:11:12 PM »

Way to kick off the beginning of June with rain. You guys are right, cops have the share of ball-busters and guys who could give two shits. My brother being a cop helps true. But I find if you don't ride around like an idiot while PoPo is around then you have nothing to worry about. The Monster is a really popular bike in NYC, as many of us know, and they kinda blend in with things. Having a bike with loud fairings, and loud pipes is a sure fire way to get pulled over. 

Bikes:
2007 Ducati Monster S2R 800, Black
Ferrell75002

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2008, 01:59:19 PM »

Howie,

Nope, it wasn't like a cop badge of anything, it looked like one of those metrocard holders that people wear around there neck, but I saw NY... his picture and some other info. Not sure what agency he was from. He was dirty and fat, but had the tow truck there ready to tow this guys bike. There were 2 other people in the mini-van looked like an old astro mini. No, one was in any offiical uniform.
It was freaky bc I alway park on the sidewalk and things like that, when I see a chance to do it and when I am not blocking anything. I guess I will have  be careful when I do it and make sure my bike is not parked there more than a hour or so.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2008, 02:13:27 PM »

Are you sure he wasnt trying to make sure the owner wasnt around and trying to steal the bike? Tow companies dont like ot let people know they are towing hteir bikes. Thye come in, take it and leave because thats how they make their money.

Ferrell75002

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2008, 04:41:37 PM »

No, it was 2 parties the tow truck guy and the 3 people in the mini-van had seats, so there was no way of the bike being stolen. It was some long, white heavy victory. I do not know anyone who would actually  steal or want the thing it was f*&king ugly.

No No, tow truck drivers are shady fellows as well. I had a friend get pulled over and the cops were having is bike towed. Tow truck guy was slowly loading it on the truck the cops left and my friend went with him to the atm and paid him off and didn't get the bike towed.

This looked as far as I could tell as a legit thing, but it could have not been. I honestly hope it wasn't legit so I could continue to park on the sidewalk and not worry about my bike being towed.
Magnus

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2008, 09:13:58 AM »

In respect though most of my experiences with cops have been good, except once........

I'd have to say the exact opposite... 

'02 MS4 Black Fog
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: