Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 08:07:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LiterBike rules released  (Read 3200 times)
never2loud
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 06:14:54 AM »

Ahhh.  Two MORE cups of coffee and I'll be just fine  laughingdp

Carry on.
fastwin
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 08:28:12 AM »

Yeah, I don't blame Yosh or Suzuki anymore than their riders. They just have a well developed program and bikes, two very good riders and obviously truck loads of cash. All of that helps. I think the other teams may have this or that but they do not have all of it together as well as Yosh/Suzuki. If Merlyn Plumlee couldn't get the Hondas on the podium who the hell can?? I agree with Giannis, don't hate the player.

But if FIM is already prepared to throw weight on the 1098s (as they have in British SBK) this early in the season to keep things even you would think the AMA over the last umpteen years would have thought to slow down the Yosh/Suzuki train a little so the others could catch up. I'm not particularly fond of dumbing the class down to the level of the most stupid student just to be fair. But if the FIM (who puts on the best show on 2 wheels) can figure the program out what does that say about the mindless AMA. What? You have to sell the whole damn program to an outside entity just to prove to the world that you're stupid and you cannot effectively and successfully run your own races?? It's kinda sad. Cry I have said it before... I have actually turned off an AMA SBK race that I recorded half way through and went in the kitchen and did dishes. Roll Eyes Dishes! Cleaning the kitchen was more exciting than seeing the 30 second gap Spies/Mladin had on third.

I agree with Gman again... sounds like weak ass Superstock racing to me in '09. Guess we'll just wait and see.
calscrazy

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 03:53:23 PM »

from the sounds of it spies may not be there much longer. hodgsen and hopkins beat mladin today in race two. maybe some new rules are in order because spies toasted the field today. maybe some new tracks instead of going to the same four twice a year. maybe add one in tx or ny. state with huge numbers of people on bikes. i would love to go but i ain't drivin way the hell out to alabama or utah to see a few hours of racing. i would drive to ok city, austin, houston or even little rock. they better figure it out quick.
       brian please send the memo to factory ducati so they know to hire a witch dr to take the curse off bayliss. me personally i would like to see him in his final year run away with the title. who the hell woke fabrizzio? neukirchner and xaus should find ralph whatever the hell his last name is and beat the crap out him until he learns to pronounce their name correctly.
       what about smrz to take bayliss' place? he seems to be a very good rider plus i like the guy.

home will always be between the red and rio!!!
2007 m695 errr recently passed away
fastwin
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »

All good stuff Chris! Hated, and I mean hated, to see Troy go down in the first race. But you know, I have always had a sweet spot (does that sound OK to ya'll?? laughingdp) for Checa. Have watched him for an eternity. His last win was ten freaking years ago!! Twenty extra points for the old guys!! applause How cool is that for him?? Hey, he earned it and he deserves it!! waytogo If Bayliss can't win the Championship then why not Checa? God only knows how many miles and races that guy has put in at the World GP level?? He is the renaissance man for sure! Hell, makes me feel like I am in my mid thirties again!! laughingdp Got that going for me... [moto]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: